It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 Year old Yemeni girl escapes home to avoid marriage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This video moved me to tears. This little but very articulate Yemeni girl explained her family plight and showed enough courage to escape the planned marriage situation

edit on 22-7-2013 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2013 by Gazrok because: Fixed vid link

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Posted Already:

Link

Also "planned marriage situation" would be Arranged Marriage, but this is Forced Marriage. Difference.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Thanks

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I am not the emotional type, when I see videos like this I instantly think propaganda.

And guess what the video was produced by and organization called Memri now why is that important?

Because its run by a former Israeli intelligence officer, so the next question is what did Yemen do to piss off the west?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Good question and the plot thickens

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Unbelievable, that an 11 year old would even have to deal with this. Stop the world...I want to get off.

Because its run by a former Israeli intelligence officer, so the next question is what did Yemen do to piss off the west?

You mean besides sponsor terrorist training camps? You have a point, but that isn't to say this doesn't occur.

This little but very articulate Yemeni girl

Maybe, TOO articulate? (i.e. scripted)...so....

Still, just a while back, we were all reading about two Arab girls killed for DANCING....because doing so brought dishonor to their family. Seriously? So this really isn't shocking if real.

edit on 22-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Unbelievable, that an 11 year old would even have to deal with this. Stop the world...I want to get off.

You mean besides sponsor terrorist training camps? You have a point, but that isn't to say this doesn't occur.

This little but very articulate Yemeni girl

Maybe, TOO articulate? (i.e. scripted)...so....

Still, just a while back, we were all reading about two Arab girls killed for DANCING....because doing so brought dishonor to their family. Seriously? So this really isn't shocking if real.

edit on 22-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

Yeah this happens regularly with out people so much as batting an eyelash, so the question is WHY now?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well, I'd wager this really isn't going to be all over mainstream media.

new topics

top topics

join