It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Protestors Block Highway in Houston and Assault Woman en Route to Hospital

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

maybe they are fed up with the way southern whites have treated them for 400 years....maybe you can have that lovely white woman paula dean talk to them
reply to post by jimmyx

Please ....spare us the southern kkk stereotype. I have seen more radical racism in the Yankee territories than i have ever seen here in the south.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

Protesters who act like that are hurting their own cause. They're protesting because they feel an innocent young man was killed, yet they're ready to harm innocent people just trying to go on their way.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I seemed to have found the guy trying to promote this madness on the internet. It seems as if it was this guys idea to do a mock funeral procession on a busy highway.

His email address is [email protected]

block4trayvon.wordpress.com...

So anyways just get ready for July 26. I have a feeling a few people may be getting run over that day.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

This was all started in DC...

They really must think we are stupid.

They know we are stupid.

The strategy has worked. Anyone with any sense knows this wasn't really a racial issue at it's core. But they decided to make it one.

So now there are folks posting ignorant comments, groups and high profile individuals making inflammatory comments, white people being defensive.

It worked. VERY WELL. We are now against each other.

Divide and conquer works very well on the American people because we are not the informed intelligent public we may have been at some point...No, no, no. Today we are nothing more than an ignorant, useable blob of lazy playdough. Most people who have the strongest opinions on the trial didn't even bother reading trial transcripts, watching trial footage, listening to testimony, or listening to what the FBI had to say. Instead we have spent this entire judicial aftermath fighting a race "Cold War" that is now heating up.

And the emotional terrorists, race baiting d-bags, politicians, and those who feel they must now be on the defensive are too distracted to see what is happening. The strategy worked.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I'm not going to blame Obama, Sharpton and Jackson for any of the violence being done in the name of Trayvon Martin.
Why?
I'm not going to absolve anyone of their personal responsibility for their own behavior.
Whether it's blocking roads in protest or beating random white people at a gas station in Baton Rouge.
People are acting under their own freewill, and if it's violent or lawless they should pay the price.
The state demands nothing less of the working public,
The IRS makes sure we account for every jot and tittle.
We break traffic laws we get tickets.
At what point did we start giving out "stay out of jail for free if you're for a minority cause cards?"

The double standards are glaringly painful and insulting.
I guess equality still isn't equal enough.
And it never will be for some.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
just a question for all of you that are outraged at what happened, and ready for these protestors to be imprisoned or shot...are any of you black?....

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
just a question for all of you that are outraged at what happened, and ready for these protestors to be imprisoned or shot...are any of you black?....

Since you are deciding to add to the racial division....
Are they required to be black?
What if they are Asian?
How about Hispanics?

What about some poor bastard that has white, black and American Indian DNA?

Can Tiger Woods be outraged? Is it allowed?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Protesters who act like that are hurting their own cause. They're protesting because they feel an innocent young man was killed, yet they're ready to harm innocent people just trying to go on their way.

Ironic, isn't it? Of course many of them simply want an excuse to act badly.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

What if they are Asian?
How about Hispanics?

I'm mixed, so I'm only allowed to be outraged 1/4 of the time.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Media and government controlled racial tensions to make the people dump and stupid of the corruption going on in the present administration.

This is how the weak minded look like and the propaganda machine knows how to manipulate them like a pupped master.

This protest should be in Washington and the anger should be geared to the corruption behind the government that are killing our real freedoms and civil rights.

The agendas are working like a charm.

edit on 23-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

What if they are Asian?
How about Hispanics?

I don't need to "add to the racial division"...that's already being done by others. look, I'm white, so the only skin I have in this game, is that now, when I go out in public, I'm going to be viewed as some racist white cracka' by some black people, just as black people with hoodies are viewed as thugs by some white people.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I don't need to "add to the racial division"...that's already being done by others. look, I'm white, so the only skin I have in this game, is that now, when I go out in public, I'm going to be viewed as some racist white cracka' by some black people, just as black people with hoodies are viewed as thugs by some white people.

There's no denying that the divisions are there. It seems like an insurmountable task to achieve the colorblind society that MLK dreamed of, as we have people of all colors that continue to draw the lines that prevent it.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan

Who knows what the grandmother was screaming at them.
reply to post by MDDoxs

She was saying to them, please let us get through, i need to get my granddaughter to the hospital.
Yep those were real fighting words, werent they?
edit on 22-7-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

It doesn't matter what she was screaming at them. If I say the N word, that's no excuse for violence. Cracker and honkey are used openly, left and right, by whoever wishes to speak and nobody cares except to consider the speaker an ignoramus. It's freedom of speech. But everyone knows that freedom of speech doesn't apply when black people are around. They are the only group that gets a free pass to commit preemptive violence over spoken words. This other poster just proved it by asking who knows what she was screaming at them, as if it matters at all even a little bit. Words are never justification for violence. Only certain ACTIONS are.

George Zimmerman stalking a kid to kill him in cold blood on the side of the road in a neighborhood full of witnesses just for the hell of it and then call the cops on himself = not believeable. not realistic at all unless he's insane or on some obscene amount of drugs.

Trayvon Martin flips out on a guy for following him and asking questions, not realizing this guy has a gun and isn't going to be afraid and back down like all the other people who are afraid of black people... Totally believable. The black men have spent considerable time and effort to perpetrate an image of being someone you don't wanna mess with, ask questions of, or even look at, unless you want them to get in your face. It's permeated into pop culture, you see it on tv all the time "oh there's a black guy, better not mess with him", or "oh look someone's sitting in my seat at a sports event I paid to watch, oh but its a black guy...maybe ill find another seat..." Or "I feel safer because there's a black guy with us"...

So, its not me making this up and I know not all black people act tough or start violence over words,its just a stereotype because either a large or loud group does perpetuate that image... A lot of black guys ARE pretty tough, and I admire that. But don't tell me its crazy to believe that this boy thought he was dealing with a chump and began to act tough. He was 17, and would've probably gotten pissed off at all the people calling him a kid. I'm sure he considered himself a man just like I did when I was 17. Yeah I could have died on multiple occassions when I was young and crazy. It's luck that gets some of us far enough into adulthood to settle down.
If some people are mad becuase I dared to talk about "black people" and their image in pop culture and therefore, people's minds including black people themselves, then I ask "why?". I sit here and read day after day, criticisms of the white folks. And I know a lot of it is true, and a lot of it isn't, but I don't flip out and accuse everyone of racism, I just accept it that some people believe that I'm the devil. Oh well. I'm sure some white people think that about me too. But anyone dares to criticise the black community, and oh boy they must be a kkk member!!!

Let me tell you a secret... Criticism can be a good thing! And I've been in a room where I'm one of the only white people, passing around a blunt and just talking about life. Race issues come up, and every black person in there admits that most stereotypes are true. I admire that, because like these guys, I know most white stereotypes are also true. We know not Everyone is the same ok? But there's such thing as a rule of thumb. Obviously they knew I was different or they wouldn't talk openly in front of me. I think they realized what I realize, that no progress can be made if people are afraid to talk about their thoughts or feelings...whether they are "true" or not. In order to GET to the truth, you have to start somewhere.

I've said before, I don't believe in racism in the conventional form. I believe the only true racist is the one who admits it proudly to everyone. Otherwise you're not a true racist if you don't identify as being one. Of course someone can lie to save their skin or to "infiltrate" a group...but generally, a real racist considers it very important to openly state their beliefs in front of god and everyone. It's like a religion to them.

These other people...they aren't racist. I'm not racist. I would probably never stop crying if for some reason black people, or Arab people, or Asian people or Any "race" of people suddenly ceased to exist in our world. Are you kidding me? I freaking LOVE black, yellow, white, red people, green people... I've had some of the best conversations with black people, the love of my life is Asian, and deeply respect Native Americans, Arabs I find incredibly

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

interesting and I really enjoy hearing them speak both because of their accent when they speak English, AMD for the words they choose. I haven't a racist bone in my body. Just because I think something about black people that may or may not be true, does not make me a racist. It just means I can accept the fact that we humans are all imperfect, and each "race" of people have their own types of behavior, and we all have some good, some bad. I can even accept that a lot of the bad behaviors are due to the way we are perceived, and therefore treated, by others. Because of slavery, and a lot of real racism, the open kind, took place in the past, black people must feel like they need to keep themselves protected from the people who did that too them. They must, sometimes, love the fact that a lot of white people are afraid of them. It would make me feel safer, and make me feel assured that slavery will never happen again.

Whether I was right or wrong about that, it shows that I understand that there are reasons for the way people act. I don't think black, or white people are "just evil". I just want to find a way to bridge the gap, and all this being afraid to speak to eachother is getting us nowhere. Sure, my thoughts on black people could be waaay off. But how would that ever get corrected, for anyone, if they just remained quiet and kept their beliefs? I think one of the biggest problems is that the ones doing all the talking are the ones with the strongest feelings. Those of us that are just cool with everybody just stay quiet because we don't hate anyone, and speaking up will just cause us to be hated when before we weren't noticed.

As far as trayvon, there just isn't enough evidence and it sucks because if Zimmerman really did act outside of the law, I don't want him to go free!! Are you kidding me? Nobody wants that exept maybe a few true racists who make up less than .01% of our nation. Just too bad they are the loudest voices on the internet. With the evidence produced, nothing could be done. And a lot of murders go unsolved because of that! Even when they have a suspect or even a known shooter... The thing is, I don't think Zimmerman looked around all carefully to make sure there were no witnesses and then proceeded to commit a heinous crime. I think it happened too quickly for him to ensure there would be no witnesses, so how does that make sense to kill a kid on the side of the road if this was a cold blooded racist acting? There were houses and windows right by where it happened! In that situation, you're not going to use your gun unless you're damned sure you're within your legal rights becuase you don't know who's watching you. There was not enough evidence for a conviction, but I believe the situation leans slightly to zimmermans favor... If it was a white boy I would feel the same way, I swear to God on a stack of Bibles.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
this is a good reason to carry a gun in your car. obviously i'm not advocating shooting them, but if they had gotten violent, i would have had the great equalizer to back me up.

i do believe this is race motivated, most of the protesting is race motivated.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by th3onetruth

Same here I defiantly thought I would have heard about this.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
You want to know why they did it? Because they are racist. I wish people would stop dancing around the issue.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Then what motivated it?......

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Oh wow. I'm so sick of hearing about Trayvon.

blacks get shot up all the time in their hood. it's only bad if a non black shoots them.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
This is exactly the reason that I started carrying my pistol wherever I go.
Im not trying to be a big internet tough sounding guy but seriously, if they wouldve tried this with me and my family, they would get exactly what Trayvon got.
Im getting real sick of this double standard bs.
edit on 22-7-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

Your preaching to the choir, I began to carry my Star Largo also.
edit on 24-7-2013 by guitarplayer because: poor grammer

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join