It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Protestors Block Highway in Houston and Assault Woman en Route to Hospital

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
~snip~

... thats when people banged on her car and another tried to grab her and pull her out while trying to open the door.

~snip~

Sounds like a good way to get shot.
Especially in Texas.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I'm not sure we're debating quite the same thing here. I don't mean to defend the protesters as non-violent or remotely acceptable in any way. When roadways are being blocked ad-hoc and innocent people's business being disrupted by force or open threat of force? It's not a protest. It's a large criminal action with a fancy name attached.

I simply mean for all their effort? This isn't likely to accomplish anything whatever but to harden the feelings of the rest of Americans against their cause, not for it. They defeat their own purpose by the methods they use and are flat out too self absorbed and "sure" of their righteousness to even consider it.

Now the King riots were a bit different. They actually had Main Battle Tanks deployed and ready to roll on the outskirts of the perimeter (The Ramada Inn off the 91 Freeway was one command post and had 2 tanks ..REAL main gun type tanks...sitting where they could be seen from the freeway traffic). They had real Military and presumably armed Gunships seen over Los Angeles on more than one occasion by News helicopters sharing the same airspace. That was something I'm not sure links exist for, either. I recall directly hearing the reports on the radio, live from the choppers who were looking right at the military helicopters while saying it. (Of course, there was a major military small arms shipment INSIDE the riot zone, sitting in a warehouse that no one found during the event, too....that had everything to do with some of it, I think).

So, I can see where the King riots did push hard for the need of a second trial. I don't agree with it happening, but agreement and understanding are different in this case. These Houston protests or Oakland or New York? They're making protesters feel better I guess...but I'm hard pressed to see what else.
edit on 22-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I’ve said before, TPTB are stoking racial tensions for their own gain and they WANT violence. They wanted it from the Tea Party, they wanted it from OWS and they want it now. They want to use the violence to divide us and create a smoke screen while they grab more power. What ticks me off is that some people blindly fall for this crap. Those who do get no sympathy from me.

But the people on that highway, have to know this as well as we do.
It's just to obvious and in your face, for the whole herd to be blind to it.
And the mere mention of the possibility, that they're being duped,
by just a sinle one of them.

Should be enough to bring them to a halt.
This may be one reason why the economy was previously
squeeze dried. I don't blame anyone, for being pssed off, at
all the totally unnecessary BS that has been going on in this
country. I do blame them for not directing that anger appropriately.
The answer is simple.
When the piper comes piping ( Sharpton and Jackson ) trying to
lead the many to destruction. He will never suspect the mice to be
on to him. What a perfect time to send the message of hate, back
from whence it came. That would shock rock them all .

edit on 22-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The Collective Black People Movement is fueling this "National Blackout Day" for Sunday and Monday.

AN URGENT CALL TO ACTION. BLACKOUT SUNDAY AND MONDAY. ZIMMERMAN HAS BEEN FOUND NOT GUILTY. HE WALKS -- SO WE SHALL DO THE SAME. SUNDAY AND MONDAY: DAYS OF ABSENCE, A TOTAL NATIONAL BLACKOUT. Call in sick and tired. Call in angry. Call in crazy. But stay home from work if at all possible. Boycott transit. Boycott non-black businesses. Wear black armbands in solidarity (especially if you feel you have to go to work for fear of losing your job, or if you are essential personnel). The exception: The film "Fruitvale Station," about the murder of Oscar Grant by a BART cop. If it is playing in your town, go see it. Discuss it. In addition to the film being a learning/politicizing tool, our attendance also will demonstrate black economic power. SPREAD THE WORD. FYI: The photo is an Akoben (war horn), an Adinkra symbol. Meaning: a call to arms/urgent action and preparedness for action or battle. Shorthand: "Ride or die." Who's WITH me? #trayvonmartin GO BLACK TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AND SPREAD THE WORD. WE'RE GOIN' BLACK -- AND WE WON'T GO BACK!!! THE BLACKOUT IS ON!

www.cbpm.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
The Collective Black People Movement is fueling this "National Blackout Day" for Sunday and Monday.

AN URGENT CALL TO ACTION. BLACKOUT SUNDAY AND MONDAY. ZIMMERMAN HAS BEEN FOUND NOT GUILTY. HE WALKS -- SO WE SHALL DO THE SAME. SUNDAY AND MONDAY: DAYS OF ABSENCE, A TOTAL NATIONAL BLACKOUT. Call in sick and tired. Call in angry. Call in crazy. But stay home from work if at all possible. Boycott transit. Boycott non-black businesses. Wear black armbands in solidarity (especially if you feel you have to go to work for fear of losing your job, or if you are essential personnel). The exception: The film "Fruitvale Station," about the murder of Oscar Grant by a BART cop. If it is playing in your town, go see it. Discuss it. In addition to the film being a learning/politicizing tool, our attendance also will demonstrate black economic power. SPREAD THE WORD. FYI: The photo is an Akoben (war horn), an Adinkra symbol. Meaning: a call to arms/urgent action and preparedness for action or battle. Shorthand: "Ride or die." Who's WITH me? #trayvonmartin GO BLACK TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AND SPREAD THE WORD. WE'RE GOIN' BLACK -- AND WE WON'T GO BACK!!! THE BLACKOUT IS ON!

www.cbpm.org...

Well if that isn't a militant message.....

. SPREAD THE WORD. FYI: The photo is an Akoben (war horn), an Adinkra symbol. Meaning: a call to arms/urgent action and preparedness for action or battle.

Very stable too...

Call in sick and tired. Call in angry. Call in crazy.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
anybody here with me in thinkin' these rioters might be actors hired by the CIA ?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Watching CNN coverage of this was comical yesterday. They kept cutting in to the protest because the Martin and Zimmerman supporters were heading for a meet in their march and guess what nothing happened. Thank goodness it didn't because it would have been a pretty unfair match. I think they were drooling waiting for something of their own creation to spark.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

It is obscene, isn't it?

It seems to me that a % of those who run both media and Government (is it really so different these days?) are almost sexually excited at the prospect of seeing Americans fighting other Americans right in American streets.

I think we're all enraged at the wrong people. We're pissed at the puppets while the puppet masters are lauging hysterically and telling each other, if this one fails? They'll have another, and another and another until Americans finally get the message to kill each other for a live TV audience.

The puppets need put in their place when they get violent and go too far ...but they aren't the problem. The criminals above them, stoking them...are the problem, IMO.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
yeah! justice for trayvon! who gives a # about the few hundred black kids who got shot since then!

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I wonder how many of them took the day off of work or are really that many people receiving welfare and have nothing better to do during the day then cause trouble?

You can thank this administration for many of the problems that affect the poor, the minority. They have done NOTHING to fix the high unemployment that has made another Generation of Minorities slaves to welfare.

Its very sad seeing so many people out of Work when our President can spend 110 million on an Africa trip to no where.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6

www.cbpm.org...

Sounds like a good way to get fired. Don't go to work, someone else will go to work for you.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Does Grandma,, have family?,,neighbours,,friends,,cousins,,other Texans?,,is Granny related too Chunk Norris?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The problem is and this is the viscious cycle, is that protests are starting to get more and more violent. The last sets of protests, it was the protestors that caused the problems, that ultimately threw the first punch, yet they looked and failed to see that by doing those kinds of actions is what made the public, the very opinion they seek, to turn against them.

I support anyone who wants to protest, I believe it is their right to do such, however, that support will go only so far as it remains peaceful and the argument can be used to convience me that they have the correct view.

In the Zimmerman case, I believe that Zimmerman was innocent. I believe that the case was tried and that the protestors are protesting the wrong thing. They are trying to insitute mob mentality and justice against an innocent person instead of what should be looked at and looked at carefully, that being the criminal justice system. If anything was messed up, ultimately it was the prosecution for failing to put on a case that showed that the man was guilty beyod a reasonable doubt, and if they believe it is a case of a double standard, then prove it, not go after people and doing damage, and rioting, but prove it with facts and cases, showing where there is an inequality, and bring that to the people to decide if there is a problem or not.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BaneOfQuo

Originally posted by BaneOfQuo

reply to post by seabag

Most people did not know of a protest.

I live in the area and did not even hear about it until almost a week later. Some people who where there did slam open doors against people and run over feet.

If anybody tried to reach inside my car, I would have likely emptied the clip as they tried to mob me. Then I would have stepped on the gas.

Bahaha what an ignorant comment. Empty an entire clip eh, please go back to playing grand theft auto.

The mob was illegal period. Should have all been arrested, I would not recommend shooting into a crowd of people like some of you seem to be inferring.

People need to relax before this all blows up. Some of these comments are very inflammatory.

There are so many laws being broken in this type of scenario deadly force would be completely justified. First it is illegal for a person to be on or two obstruct traffic on a highway. Second it is illegal to cause damage or intimidate a person in motor vehicle. It is not legal to incite riots. Finally if an angry mob was attacking me on a highway, I would be in fear for my life.

Can you even count all the laws being broken here? I can't.

But dont worry, theres no chance of missing at that close range and hollow points dont go through people and hit other targets.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

I am not saying racism has not played a part in all of this. I am merely suggesting to speculate that this "attack" was motivated by race, is a relatively reckless statement to make without knowing all the facts. Claiming it to be racially driven just further enrages people and creates even more tension.

It's kind of ironic that you're defending a group of people who wouldn't even be out there (if they had any common sense whatsoever) if they knew all the facts instead of the crap being fed to them by the shovelful by almost all of the media (whether mainstream or not) along with race baiters like Sharpton, Jackson, West, etc...

The fact they're protesting Zimmerman in the first place shows them to be racist and unable to separate fact from drivel due to their deep seeded hatred for "whitey"...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior
All this Zimmerman trial has done is bring to the forefront what white folks who have to live around black folks have known all along.

Black folks, generally speaking, are MUCH more prejudice and racist (and more of a tribal mentality in general) than whites are. Especially among themselves.

I'm not talking about all of them that exist in the world of course.

I'm talking about the ones we have here in the dirty south. Which is where 90 percent of the black population lives in this country. Don't believe me? Come live here for a while and see for yourself.

Flame away, but its the truth.

edit on 22-7-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

I've read enough stories in one week to want to make me buy a flame-thrower and clean out every single street singled handedly:

www.nbcnewyork.com...

www.kirotv.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

All this Zimmerman trial has done is bring to the forefront what white folks who have to live around black folks have known all along.

Black folks, generally speaking, are MUCH more prejudice and racist (and more of a tribal mentality in general) than whites are. Especially among themselves.

I'm talking about the ones we have here in the dirty south. Which is where 90 percent of the black population lives in this country. Don't believe me? Come live here for a while and see for yourself.

maybe they are fed up with the way southern whites have treated them for 400 years....maybe you can have that lovely white woman paula dean talk to them
edit on 22-7-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

maybe they are fed up with the way southern whites have treated them for 400 years....

Give me a break!!

We have a black POTUS, black Attorney General, black Senators and Representatives, black CEO's, black military leaders, etc, etc. Nobody alive today is holding blacks back.

maybe you can have that lovely white woman paula dean talk to them

I hear she’s really tired!

She just finished Jury Duty on the Zimmerman trial!

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Nobody alive today is holding blacks back.

Thats not true. The biggest enemy of blacks today is other blacks and parents that raise them with the belief that the evil white man is out to destroy him at every turn.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

maybe they are fed up with the way southern whites have treated them for 400 years....maybe you can have that lovely white woman paula dean talk to them
edit on 22-7-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

That's funny.

I've never owned a slave. My parents, granparents, greatgrandparents never owned a slave. I've never went to a clan rally. Or "oppressed" anyone. In fact, I am of German and Swedish ancestry, So I guess I can claim the same thing, that my ancestors were slaves and "oppressed" by the romans, so I have no pity for blacks just because their ancestors were slaves as well. Everyone has slave ancestry in their blood. In fact, I recently found out I got some slave blood from back in the plantation days on my mothers side.

I live in a place where the parish is 67 percent black. If anyone is a minority around here, its white folks.

I used to work at the local lumbermill. If you were black, then you had a much better chance of getting a job since they get bigger tax breaks for hiring more "minorities" based on how many of them live locally. That's fair, right?

And as far as Paula Dean, I think its a crying shame that she said something 30 years ago and is being lynched for it now. (Ironic, don't you think?)

In fact, since Wal-Mart and Target have boycotted anything with her name on it, they need to clean the shelves of all of the Rap and Hip-Hop Cds that contain that very same racial slur in every song they "sing".

It only shows what a totally dysfunctional society we live in.

Yeah, southern whites are the problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join