It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Human Nature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Habit

"Habit is the second Human Nature which may stop us from evolving."

Because you cannot do lateral steps in your life when your life depends on habits.

Habit teach us to go straight on the same road which is the road of life.

But different happenings in our lives can commit us without our will to changes of habits.

Which in a way it is a good thing because then we can make those lateral steps before we will go straight ahead again.

The transmutation from one railway to another can have many positive aspects.

For example if you remain without your car and you are fat,you will be required to walk on foot more often,therefore this change of habit will make you loose weight.

Also because of this ,your roads of life may be different in a positive way in wich you can encounter different kind of people of which you didn't even knew they exist.

Or you will find an agreable presence in your life which can boost the process of thinking at high state alert,reducing this way the consume of caffeine,this way preventing you to get ill of a heart desease.

But there are many habits,bad or good.I'd say more often bad than good.

So,what is your habit of which you want to give up of?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

I would like to give up my smoking habit lol

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

I would like to give up my smoking habit lol
Hard thing to achieve,unless you're out of money.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I can stop for weeks but as soon as i have a drink i get the uncontrollable urge to smoke then become addicted again so the only way i could truly stop smoking is to give up drinking too but then life would be boring as hell.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
I can stop for weeks but as soon as i have a drink i get the uncontrollable urge to smoke then become addicted again so the only way i could truly stop smoking is to give up drinking too but then life would be boring as hell.
Drinking and smoking in the same time is not a good thing.It shortening life.

I mean neither of those are good.

But there are other things to do like written a book,a sport,or to collect things which can fill your life by forgetting about those two bad habits.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

life is too short anyway and some people live very old and have drank and smoked all their life's and other people have chose the life of fitness eating tasteless rabbit food and jogging several times a day only to have their life cut shorter than than a chain smokers after been hit by a bus,so it is better to just live life to the full and be as happy as possible.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent

life is too short anyway and some people live very old and have drank and smoked all their life's and other people have chose the life of fitness eating tasteless rabbit food and jogging several times a day only to have their life cut shorter than than a chain smokers after been hit by a bus,so it is better to just live life to the full and be as happy as possible.
Then probably it's a matter of inherited genes, or luck.

Anyway smoking is a bad habit.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
Anyway smoking is a bad habit.

It's not a habit, its an addiction!
I started smoking about 45 years ago, I started because of all the adverts on tv etc that told me I was cool and a real man if I smoked. I was about 12/13 years old and our local shopkeeper would open a packet and sell us as many as we could afford.

Who's to blame for this? Is it my fault that as a 12 year old I was FOOLED into thinking it was good for me?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Who's to blame for this? Is it my fault that as a 12 year old I was FOOLED into thinking it was good for me?
I know what you are saying,and the important thing is now we know for the future generations what to teach them not to do.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14

I know what you are saying,and the important thing is now we know for the future generations what to teach them not to do.

I've smoked all my life and when my children came along I was aware of their interest in watching me rolling a smoke. After some thought I came to the conclusion that I should kill their interest while they were very young.
Whenever they took interest in watching me roll; I'd roll up an empty paper and give it too them.
It worked. They are now in their 30's and have never had the slightest interest in smoking because I'd removed all the novelty that draws so many teenagers to it.
I think this is related to your OP really because I killed the habit before it got started.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Whenever they took interest in watching me roll; I'd roll up an empty paper and give it too them. It worked. They are now in their 30's and have never had the slightest interest in smoking because I'd removed all the novelty that draws so many teenagers to it.
I think that every smoker with kids should proceed the way you did.A very intelligent thing.

new topics

top topics

join