It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tribute to the Fallen Heroes of Operation Iraqi Freedom!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well since some folks like to post ugly pictures of war casulties, I thought I would do something that EVERY American could do, say a blessing for those that have fallen and their families left behind.

They have given the ultimate sacrifice.

Whether or not you agree with the war, they have died along with many innocents in this war.

Please no flames here, just think about what they have given.......

God Bless the United States of America and her troops, keep them safe in times of danger, keep their judgement straight so as not to cause undo suffrage and death.

If it be your will, let this war end quickly and let the troops and families soon be reunited and

Let the nation of Iraq emerge from this conflict a free society that can join the world stage and contribute with the great culture and history that her people have shown for thousands of years.

(title edit)

[edit on 10-11-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
To those brave Marines and soldiers who have fallen in the war on Terrorism and the ongoing Battle of Fallujah, I offer the Navy Hymn in their memory and the memory of all who have served in the cause of Liberty worldwide and throughout the generations:

Eternal Father, strong to save,
Whose arm hath bound the restless wave,
Who bidd'st the mighty ocean deep
Its own appointed limits keep;
Oh, hear us when we cry to Thee,
For those in peril on the sea!

O Christ! Whose voice the waters heard
And hushed their raging at Thy word,
Who walked'st on the foaming deep,
And calm amidst its rage didst sleep;

Most Holy Spirit! Who didst brood
Upon the chaos dark and rude,
And bid its angry tumult cease,
And give, for wild confusion, peace;

O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go;
Thus evermore shall rise to Thee
Glad hymns of praise from land and sea.

www.chinfo.navy.mil...

Wav. and Mpg versions available on the website.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I don�t always agree with the war in Iraq. But that does not matter. Our soldiers are there, and it is a war like any other. There have been casualties. Not just the US soldiers but soldiers from many countries from Britain to France have lost lives in Iraq. Whether or not the war�s cause was just, the cause of the soldiers was. Choice or not they went and fought with their lives.
For this I respect them, I think everybody should respect them. Over one-thousand soldiers have paid the ultimate price for their respective nations in a fight for freedom. For this I salute them. May God (or which ever diety this may concern) be with all who have served in Operation: Iraqi Freedom.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Gone but not forgotten. Add my yellow ribbon to the tree. A hero is not Dion Sanders of the NFL. A hero is Pat Tillman of the Army Rangers.

John, USAF Veteran.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Dear Father in Heaven...
Please keep our service people who are serving their country bravely in Iraq safe..
May they be home soon in the loving arms of their families and loved ones..
May they also know we are proud of them and their countrymen support them...
Thank you Almighty Father

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
My prayers go out to my brothers and out to their families and I hope they are in a better place.

I would also like to say a prayer to the innocents that are caught in the middle.

May they both rest in peace, and their deaths not be in vain

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I second what Amuk said. Any death is to be mourned as the horrible loss that it is. So I mourn for all those who died, be they Iraqi civilians or the military.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
You are in my thoughts and prayers at all times - I pray that our Lord and Lady enfold you tenderly with their loving arms and bring you all home safely-and for those that must cross over as a result of this conflict, I know that our Great Mother and Father will be there to greet you with their love as they take you into their care for safekeeping. May bright blessings guide and protect you until you are once again safely home. May the Lord and the Lsgy bless and protect all involved no matter what their beliefs may be - for as our Mother and Father, they understand the plight of all parents around the world. Blessed Be.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Those who have died are now free of battle. Those who have been injured will bear those injuries for the rest of their lives. Those who have depended on them to fight must never forget their courage.

There are no words fit to describe our soldiers -- countrymen and allies alike. When no one else would stand up, they stood up. In a world blinded by hopelessness, they hold out hope.

Though they may be held out as targets for hatred and lies, their honor remains unstained.

I will never forget them.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
According to the Pentagon's count, 1,139 Americans have died since the invasion in March of 2003. A spike in casualties is expected in the coming days from the assault on Fallujah.

News source:
www.guardian.co.uk...

This is for those that have given their lives for our country:

I live for those who love me
for those who know me true
For the heaven that smiles above me
and awaits my spirit too
For the cause that lacks assistance
for the wrong that needs resistance
For the future in the distance
and the good that I can do.
- G.L. Banks

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
To those that have been lost: I light a candle in your memory everyday. Gone but not forgotten.

To:
My former squadron members from the U.S. Navy in a P-3 somewhere over Iraq: Gary, Matt, Jeff, Melissa, Mike and Staci
U.S. Army CWO Seth flying BlackHawks in Iraq
U.K. Royal Marines somewhere in Iraq: Scottie and Mark
U.K. Royal Navy Sailors: Simon, Chadd, Bruce, Tracey and Dean serving somewhere in the Gulf AOR
and to all the others serving:
I may not know your names, but I know your parents, brothers, sisters, friends and neighbors. You are a long way from home, but you are always in my thoughts.
-Olivia
U.S. Navy Veteran

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Olivia]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I pray for all our troops, the innocent people who live there, the Coalition troops and all our leaders. I pray that they all have the faith and guidance that they need. May the Lord watch over them and be with them and their families. Bless them all and give them strength. Bless the ones who have gone on and be with their loved ones to help them through things. God Bless us all and help peace come .

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
"...For those who manned the battle line the bugle whispers low---
and Freedom has a taste and price the protected never know..."

Contrary to recent reports, this quote is from a Vietnam serviceman who died in combat.

It still rings true today. I am not religous, though I am spiritual. God bless not only OUR troops but all troops in harms way.

John - United States Air Force veteran and proud of it.

[edit on 11/9/2004 by just_a_pilot]

top topics

join