It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibly beautiful astrophoto: Venus rises in the ashes of comets.

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I'd like to draw your attention to this stunning image, a photo taken by Rudi Dobesberger which shows Venus rising into a beam of zodiacal light.

Full-sized image: www.sternfreunde-steyr.at...

This photo was taken on Nov. 16, 2012, in the early morning at Kalkalpen National Park in Austria. The glow of zodiacal light is due to sunlight reflected by dust shed by countless comets and asteroid collisions over the eons. This dust, which forms a disc in the plane of the ecliptic, slowly spirals towards the Sun due to the Poynting–Robertson effect.

Source: www.slate.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The picture of Venus is stunningly beautiful, thank you for posting it.

Living in the Northern hemisphere and in Britain where the light from the street lights, neon signs etc etc literally spoil the night sky blinding us to its beauty, I really do envy such clarity showing the wonders that people could enjoy before electricity came.

The zodiac is now for many a 'lost interest or subject' (except for many on ATS and sky scopers) and we have lost the fascination of it. Something in that picture resonates with the idea of Lucifer and the primordial light. OK the picture is not of that, but the image conjures almost an emotional come lost/past memory that I would love to get back. In big cities and towns we loose contact with the beauty above us.yet I would hate to be without the benefits of electricity.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Thank you for posting!

This is my new desktop background

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

LOL was just thinking that..and you said same thing.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Very nice!

Sometimes you forget that there are stars and planets in the night sky behind all the light pollution.

City life makes it almost impossible to see a sky like that.

However, i remember a few years back, when the city suffered a massive power outage and a similar sight was quite welcome.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Definitely going as the desktop.

Thanks,
and here's my old one.

Mike

How's that for a solar eclipse.
edit on 22-7-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

imagine if u will,,,(sorry Carl),,,,,a tweak of physics,,light wave, physics,,and we as a planet of people ,,would be constantly,, reminded of what a truly great miracle, we live in.

"The visible colors from shortest to longest wavelength are: violet, blue, green, yellow, orange, and red. ... Infrared radiation has a longer wavelength than visible red light. The white light is a mixture of the colors of the visible spectrum."

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Dust in the plane of the ecliptic caused by planet interactions
per Velikovsky within the past 2000 years and other biblical
accounts besides the eons. Don't know of asteroids getting
that close between Earth and Sun but Venus and Mercury
were recorded arrivals and perhaps were not without mayhem
in the heavens as per Velikovsky. Mercury and Venus going
cleanly into place between Earth and Sun has never been
treated adequately.

edit on 7/22/2013 by TeslaandLyne because: 2000 not 200

top topics