It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you lost?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- An American college student has been arrested and charged with providing material support to a Somali group that has been designated a foreign terrorist organization by the U.S. government.
One U.S. government official described Walker, whose home address is in Rochester, New York, as a "kid that was kind of lost and was looking for some attention."

Source

Some questions to ponder:

In general, what are your feelings on this article?
Should the government have intervened or allowed him to go?
Should the government have actually used him as a pawn and infiltrated the alleged terror group?
How would you have approached this situation as the roommate?
Will the next domestic terrorist be a young adult?

-swinters

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think the US is getting a little bit lax when it comes to brainwashing the youth of today.

Of course, he is just one kid and considering the great job the Bush administration has done on the Adult citizens in this Country, they are probably safe.

"Should the government have intervened or allowed him to go? "

Yes, they spend big bucks in the public school system making sure kids do not split from the fold. You can not allow even one to stray. It is biblical.

"Should the government have actually used him as a pawn and infiltrated the alleged terror group?"

How? He is a disgruntled citizen.
I do think it would have been a great way to infilterate. But you would need some one trained to do it. Someone who could pass for a teen-ager.

"Will the next domestic terrorist be a young adult? "

Nope, It will be a mature elderly adult. He will abuse his position of power.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by swintersVT
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- An American college student has been arrested and charged with providing material support to a Somali group that has been designated a foreign terrorist organization by the U.S. government.
One U.S. government official described Walker, whose home address is in Rochester, New York, as a "kid that was kind of lost and was looking for some attention."

Source

Some questions to ponder:

In general, what are your feelings on this article?
Should the government have intervened or allowed him to go?
Should the government have actually used him as a pawn and infiltrated the alleged terror group?
How would you have approached this situation as the roommate?
Will the next domestic terrorist be a young adult?

-swinters

1- my feelings?

2- if he doesn't wanna be here, let him, leave- after he's paid for his crimes.

3- infiltrate- but by the FBI.

4- as his roommate, i would have kick the livin sh!t out of him until he wised the phuk up.

5- aren't all domestic terrorists young adults? well, except for kczinski. there's tim mcveigh, all the environmental fanatics, the taliban kid, etc. why do so many of them come out of california?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
"Lost"? What kind of stuff is that. I think he just didn't like the US. It boggles my mind how the goverment seems to refuse to believe that some people living in this country hate it.

top topics

join