It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How bad is the Economy in the U.S.? Look to the struggling youth.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Haven't you heard

The super rich invested in China and now China owns you

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well, as of today, one of my daughters, is filing a civil rights suit against an employer, for hostile racist work environment. Due to suit investigation I'm not at liberty to say much however, place name, I will say its a fast food establishment/service sector.

She is dark skin Native American. The harassers, several Immigrant workers who though can speak English, choose to use Spanish as a form of workplace harassment, bullying, etc. after three years of this garbage she got fed up and told one of them, a crew manager off over another breach in law over breaks, this was after the crew manager became verbally abusive, yelling, screaming, etc.

After she was told to go home for insisting the law be respected by this crew manager, she was overheard walking outside, already off the clock saying under her breath "go back to Mexico". Now my daughter, being a minority herself is not racist, However after seeing several other employees discriminated against all of whom are young people and several fired, by a family related employee Mafia type of gang in the workplace, she had had enough. Two of the crew managers CAN speak English, but they choose not to, in a way that they can talk crap about the other workers and so forth without being called on it. Another crew manager knows this goes on, as does a corporate manager, still nothing is done because these workers are I suppose preferred. Hard to say, but it seems to be happening a lot more in the state I am in.

These places hire immigrants who then turn and use the language discrimination card, and it's not the language that's the problem, it's when it becomes a tool for in work terrorism and bullying, favoritism and so forth. Needless to say after some investigation we found this particular company has been sued several times over same type of thing, either sexual harassment or racism, etc. yet this will be a case where it's a dark skin filing against other dark skin, both minorities...etc. there is a lot of other things as well...crew managers leaving while still on the clock, sleeping with employees, you name it they do it, it's like a little mafia run business within a business,

And it's ALL protected by politics to appease certain "agendas" because dare one complains then its the anti immigration card, and so forth. Several of these workers don't have green cards, except now from what I've been told its it then causing the problems but the family members mostly by marriage that are. Not sure how that all works, in my day you weren't allowed to have families in fast food...Not anymore.

What peeved my daughter off the most was the lack of action to nip these gang behaviors in the bud and them ignoring them. Even after several others lodged same complaint, one even got into its fight with same crew manager yet it was the other who was transferred. I told my daughter she shouldn't have said if you can't speak English go back to Mexico,

But she was angry and said she doesn't care any more, that she's fed up with the having to pander to these bullies, etc. again, my daughter is NOT WHITE, not even fair skin. Sure enough however that was the reason she was let go...she offended the immigrant workers, or crew managers.

It's a no win situ, she most likely won't win any suit as our state is Catering to the whole immigrants, democrat votes and open borders etc. two other kids were fired just this month...why? If the mafia ring (sorry what I term this little gang) doesn't want them to be there they start the bullying and find ways to get rid of them...Because its a fast food, most don't bother with a suit, etc. but my daughter put in three years, was passed over for promotion numerous times for other immigrants who had only worked there a Month! No joke...

At first we thought, maybe it was due to her age, maybe these other had more experience...but I think we k we this was a stratification that could not be beat, so to speak but we are not racist or anti immigrant so we gave benefit of the doubt, so to speak.

You Know you Hear about these things in other states and you think it's just anti immigration prejudice. But ironically in this case, it was not the immigrant workers causing the problems so much...it was the American born. I think they Use these policies as means to get by with a lot,

And If this is any indication of the future, young workers today will have a worse time even with low paying jobs. At least in some states. The Corporate offices do NOT CARE, if they can hire lower wage workers they will. I hold THEM responsible for this garbage. In our area it's difficult to even get service sector work...again it's a lot of it the immigrant population which Also now have numerous college programs therefore it won't just be the service sector effected.

I'm all for diversity, but this seems to be a Deliberate force at worker displacement and our Youth are not protected from this, by no means,

Not even other Minorities.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It is getting to the point where there is difficulty in getting the most basic things, food and shelter. Many people are in danger of losing everything, only a couple paychecks from disaster. Those of us who are "lucky" enough to have jobs are usually having to help multiple members of our family financially on a regular basis, who do not have jobs, and to help our aging parents, AND our kids at the same time. And at the same time deal with the constant stress of facing the possibility of losing our jobs and having our families go off a cliff. Its horrible. Its like you cannot remember a time when you didn't have to worry about some major crisis? IS this how we are supposed to live in the "richest country on Earth"? I am not knocking the country, I love my country. But its not supposed to be this hard. This is NOT life liberty and the pursuit of happiness anymore. Maybe it is for 1 percent of the country, while the rest of us struggle.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy
The details in the opening post
seem both real to me and tragic.

I anticipate that Author of this thread
will react badly to what I'm going to say,
but you can either cling to the values
you were raised with and perish or
you can reexamine the one thing that
they told you and your generation not to do.

You can become a Catholic.

Mike

ehow.com / how to become a Catholic

well.. generational or not..

my wife and I will be homeless in a month unless we find employment soon, yea.. and being on unemployment that's #ty to begin with after working a year.. won't let us get on insurance or FS .. yeeeah .. 4 years so far..

and still on the downhill side.. with no xtra cash to pay for rent upfront ...but we do have a 10man tent and a few campling supplies .

we've been living out of foodboxes for 4years as well.. why? because we can't afford the prices, why? because she can't find a job that pays enough to cover expenses .. oh wait.. yea.. that's already been mentioned 100x before.. but yea..

edit on 22-7-2013 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
reply to post by darkbake

What happens when you let the progressive mindset into the government and your family.........

What you get is 30 year old children who have little to no real life experience. You also get a government who will control more and more of your so called free economy...........
It will always fail and sadly both political parties are controlled by these fascist scum.

I wonder how long it will take for the glee loving everybody wins a trophy generation to finally wake up. It usually happens when people start to have a family and figure out being liberal is for the young and stupid. But it seems this generation is never going to reach that point.

No, this is what happens when big business owns the government instead of the people. We have had 30 years of conservative union busting outsourcing anti labor anti environmental policy and we are now living in the result of letting the foxes watch the henhouse since Reagan.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeBears

She's filing the suit as matter of principle and because she is a strong believer in fairness. Again we are adamently opposed to racism and prejudice,

However, when it's a duck and walks like a duck, well we call it a duck. I now wonder just how bad these other service sector jobs are because if THIS is norm, then we have some Serious issues ahead for our future generations.

I saw this crap while at college so I'm very well aware of the Political agendas of many a Nationalist group, that are really fascist in nature...they aren't always white either. They are woot a doubt used by other political agendas to do their dirty work, per se...again that deliberate worker displacement. But it's HOW they are doing this, in these clever little subtle ways that well are hard to confront because they appear to be innocent at first.

I did some reading up on this, whole language barrier issue and found this seems to be right now the number one complain filed with the EEOC, yet the answer is nothing can be done because it would be Racist to demand these abuses stop. Very clever indeed. So basically, a corporation or franchise hires a couple of immigrants, they hire their families, etc., relatives and so forth, before you Know it you have entire clans in a workplace with a powerful Monopoly,

And guess what? American workers have absolutley no way in fighting this. As for Why the hiring of illegals (many of them are) it has to be over the insurance or something...not sure about wages as fast food doesn't pay that much anyway. But where we reside it's an odd thing to see any non immigrant or English speaking working in most service sector jobs,

So what happens to young people who need work to start out? To pay student loans? In an already burdened economy...and worse,

There is no protection from discrimination unless, one is immigrant or Spanish speaking. Unbelievable,

And it's not the race, it's the whole immigrant Spanish speaking verses American born English speaking. At least in our state.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Struggling Youth.

I am a 54 year old male, with three children all under 15 years of age. I have no job and can't get one. I am doing yard work and odd jobs to make even a little.

I am not receiving any help from the govt only one church helps with food bank. My folks let us stay in one of their houses I pay the electric, water, trash, local telephone and internet.

I am computer literate, with a diploma in transportation management, also a Graduate in theology. I am home schooling my kids but my youngest is having special ed for speech therapy.

You don't need to grade the economy by only looking to the young but look at the family man like myself

edit on 22-7-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Along with students who graduated college but can't find a job that can support them comes with who pays their college debt. A man I work with graduated in the late 1970 rejoiced that next month he will make his last student loan payment. I could have swore Obama said he would take care of it. Reality is colleges need that promise money to pay for professors, secretaries, advisors, food sevices, housing, and janitors. All of these jobs have had to take job load increases as there are freezes on hiring even when people retire.

There is also another trend of getting people fired by making false claims against workers. Do you see how that works? A co worker can set a person up to be fired for the possibility of that worker being replaced by a friend. Who knows if the next plan will be to kill for work.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tidycat
Along with students who graduated college but can't find a job that can support them comes with who pays their college debt. A man I work with graduated in the late 1970 rejoiced that next month he will make his last student loan payment. I could have swore Obama said he would take care of it. Reality is colleges need that promise money to pay for professors, secretaries, advisors, food sevices, housing, and janitors. All of these jobs have had to take job load increases as there are freezes on hiring even when people retire.

There is also another trend of getting people fired by making false claims against workers. Do you see how that works? A co worker can set a person up to be fired for the possibility of that worker being replaced by a friend. Who knows if the next plan will be to kill for work.

You nailed that last part. I would have not thought this until recently and you know,

They just might. If what were seeing is any indication...and Corporates don't care...we're disposable.

But I'll let you in a a worse dirty secret. If Americans knew about the whole Scam of the whole Academia raping tax dollars they would #, literally. Good ole government Waste like no other,

One of the Worst scams. Higher Ed Is Notorious for corruption, but Sterilized of course. All neat and packaged at the benevolence of tax dollars and at the cunning of Banks and Investor/collection Rackets. It's one giant scam.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The Astrophysicist Farmer?

a degree in astrophysicist, a degree in sculpture, a degree in art or similair are all degree for the rich and eccentric

the Society does not owe it to you to provide you with a job when you choose and decided to study astrophysic

I hope your friend somehow manage to apply his knowledge in farming

and please wellcome him to the real world for me, in this life, it's not about what you like? it's about what is practical

when you or your famaly needs to work to survive, you have got to take up a degree that will give you a job when you needed one
edit on 22-7-2013 by digital_desire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Here's the way I see it....

I'm 28 and a tradesman.
I've never had a problem finding work in construction or skilled labor. The problem is truly deeper than jobs numbers.
It doesn't matter if you can get a halfway decent job if it means your money is eaten up by all of the pitfalls which have been engineered to capitalize on every single aspect of life on Earth.

Want to go where the work is? Well it's in the city where rent and utilities are higher, taxes are higher, expenses such as parking pop up.
Want to live somewhere with cheaper rent on a well with plenty of parking? Gonna get you in gas and higher insurance prices, more expensive to shop and buy groceries etc.

Want to buy a house and quit wasting money on rent? Good luck getting a loan. Good luck navigating the convoluted housing system with inflated prices, taxes, fees and other bull.

It's not about working hard anymore. I would prefer to do EVERYTHING myself and just be left the fluck alone, but good luck avoiding taxes or finding a piece of property that doesnt have a speculators price tag on it. Good luck bartering with your neighbors or making your own way without getting your neck wrung on the small business system we have here. Good luck getting permits to build your own little shack or paying for the surveyor to come tell you where you can put your shiittur...

THE PROBLEM IS EVERYTHING ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH HAS BEEN MONETIZED AND YOU CAN EITHER PLAY THE GAME OR SUFFER.

And even then good luck playing the game unless you're a cold, calculating, sociopath asshat who inherited the keys to the city from your father.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JRedBeard

I agree.

Nothing is for free in the twenty-first century (my quote).

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well I gotta say that was an interesting post...albeit depressing. I csn't say I know from first hand experience you and your crowds situations. However, I live in middle to upper class neighborhood and the kids here drive cars as nice or nicer than mine. They have NEVER wanted for anything (at least material) and are in no way, prepared for this world...especially the world you have painted. The economy, no doubt, has much to do with what you have explained. There is also another scenario that I believe that contributes to the hard times your generation is going through.
I was neglected, homeless and many other things I don't care to lay out here...it sucked, but I was very prepared for this world.what I'm saying is, depending on how someone may be raised...there's many factors. I hope things get better for you all, I couldn't imagine being in todays youth's shoes.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The old go to college and you'll make millions lie that parents tell their kids... Get in debt and pay on that debt for about 40 years is the way to go - it makes total sense. Unless you are going into medical or legal or getting schooling to better a job you already have (working your way up the chain), a conventional 4 year degree is a waste of time for most (not all) people.

There are plenty of jobs for the youth - they are just to hard headed and proud to take them.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

What happens when you let the progressive mindset into the government and your family.........

What you get is 30 year old children who have little to no real life experience. You also get a government who will control more and more of your so called free economy...........
It will always fail and sadly both political parties are controlled by these fascist scum.

I wonder how long it will take for the glee loving everybody wins a trophy generation to finally wake up. It usually happens when people start to have a family and figure out being liberal is for the young and stupid. But it seems this generation is never going to reach that point.

AMAZINGLY well said. Thank you. Everyone else, read this again and again and remember it. There are losers in every generation...this one is the first to openly deny it and then get a ribbon for THAT!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
college is a scam....it became part of the American Dream .....I mean Nightmare Illusion, that if you go to college, BOOM you're makin big money.

It's an Effin Business to take your money in exchange for a piece of paper(degree)
UK has free College. Canada's is also subsidized by Gov....

Ours is a joke. Rack up 100k debt for nothing. The only good a degree is for is doctor, dentist, or engineer. Everything else is mostly a scam.

And though I feel bad for your case OP, in another way I'm glad this is happening because its a wake up call to the collapse of America and the American Dream......

Now it's time to rethink the system........ luckily I had an apprenticeship with a trade in a industry that is recession/depression proof (has to do with oil). I can go anywhere in the world and find work. Did the math back in 05-06 ....saw it coming, knew it was all gonna collapse cause its all an illusion.

So I googled "recession proof" jobs, and went that route and it paid off since.

I believe America will turn into scattered city-states with mini self sufficient industry especially in the countryside ...farmer's markets, hand built stuff, barter, trade, etc....Edgar Cayce saw in his visions and something I am working towards as well, 20 acres and self sufficiency.....

Google the term "Kibbutz". When Israel re-formed again, they built these mini-self-sustaining city states. It would be for example a small 20-80 acre plot of land with a blacksmith, farmer, carpenter, teacher, builder, plumber, etc......this is how they survived and gained power again...Rebuilding around self sufficiency and this is how we will end up ...the smart folks that is.....

You got hustled into the American Illusion......now it's time to snap out of it......

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

The older generation enjoyed college education paid for by their parents, jobs right out of college for life with job security, the ability to buy a house, have kids and raise a family - all without hardly any stress at all! Finger waving at what? My generation's ability to budget and live on less than $1000 a month?

This comment makes me sick. Do you honestly believe this? You can't possibly....

I'm 32. No one paid for my education but me. No parents and no loan. I worked 60+ hours a week and went to college.

The Millenials all got loans, didn't work for anything, and just assumed there would be some high paying job handed to them when they got a degree. And then what happened? There isn't a nice, fat paycheck waiting for you and what do you do? Because you now owe a loan payment which you can't afford. Why did you all start yourselves out in the hole like this? Because you didn't have to work for anything before, so you didn't know the value of it. And everyone is going to have a job, because they deserve one, just like everyone got a blue ribbon every year in school right?

And as far as the ability to buy a house. Are you kidding? Half the people I know, at least, STILL don't own a house. It took me until I was 27 years old, that's ten years of working more than 60 hours per week to get a house. Let me know when you've worked that many hours, and then we can compare stories. Because the way I see, if each Millenial graduated at roughly 18, then completed college in 4 years, they're entering the workforce at roughly 22, then complaining they don't own their home before they are 30.

You haven't worked long or hard enough. Get over yourself and go work. No one will hand you anything else in life.

You seem really intelligent in most of your other posts to actually mean this bit here that I'm quoting, but if that is truly what you believe, well...I'm sorry but you've got your head stuck in sand. Not one single part of my life in the ten years after graduating was easy. Not one.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
В мама России, социальных продовольственных карточек съел вы.

I'm about to get kicked out for not having a job. The last job I had that lasted more than a month only paid about $3 an hour under the table too.

Now? My parents say I have no work ethic and am not trying hard enough.

The main issue is that most people are brainwashed slaves that don't see reality and are resistant to the truth of the matter. This will, long term, cause severe issues in family relationships as the fabric of the nuclear family unit is torn apart due to brainwashing.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeBears

Did no one tell you? The migrant workers do the jobs us natives are to good/lazy to do

Well, that's what big corporations and migrants tell you. I feel for your daughter in this situation, how awful to have to work with people who choose not to speak English. How cowardly to bully people in a language they dont understand.

But again, the problem is most definitely the companies running the show.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Four Pages of Blame, and Excuses.

Here's the Facts Jack.

Global WorkForce.

More Americans were working in Manufacturing in 1975 , than 2013.

Biggest Boom in Manufacturing in the last 10 years is Cell Phones...

How many Cell Phones were made in the US last year ..... 0.

Gonna leave you with a Snippet from my Favorite. Bruce Springsteen.

"Foreman says these jobs are going boys,
and they ain't coming back"

Global Workforce.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join