It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Waves at Louisiana bayou sinkhole - VIDEO

page: 4
20
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne
 


Do you think that could be just starting and stopping the clip in different spots? I tried really hard to notice any differences to the shape and speed of the barrier and the appearance and disappearance of the items floating on the water and am still suspecting hoax.

It would be great to see a frame by frame comparison that matches identical frames in different parts of the video. That would be conclusive.




posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Since I don't see even a ripple on the water nor a rise of any sort on the shore or the island I can't go with waves.

Someone pulling on the line from the other end perhaps?

No idea.

Peace



edit on 21-7-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)


Waves...the use of that word is going a bit too far.

I suppose they have fishing lines attached to those leaves to pull them back and forth.

Elaborate deception to be sure.
edit on vamTue, 23 Jul 2013 08:09:52 -0500 _8amq = by Miracula because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
reply to post by OneisOne
 


Do you think that could be just starting and stopping the clip in different spots?

I would think if that was the case, we would see cuts & jumps in the footage. I've been through it a few times and I'm seeing nothing of the sort. I also looked at the footage at 4x speed. Doing that it's easy to see the yellow barrier decreases with each "wave" the amount it pushes outward. (Measuring against the yellow barrier that cuts into the frame horizontally from the right.)

If the video was looped or cut in any way the barrier would return to the same position at some point. It does not.



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen
 


I think this is similar to a problem I had with an old digital camera using the video function and the autofocus was glitchy (technical term)
always looking for something new to lock onto. Maybe some of our video experts can explain better, I'm a novice.

The constant back and forth must be eroding the caverns at a pretty rapid rate. Scary for sure.

It certainly is not from a boat wake as the water is absolute glass.



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This is not looped.

At 1:13 a bug flies past the camera and at 1:46 on the bank you can see another bug or its shadow heading to the water these occurrences are not looping, they happen once and only once.

If there was a "string" or something pulling the objects how is that string making the water rise and fall on the little island, There is no "string".

This is legit.



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Originally posted by havok

Originally posted by jude11
Someone pulling on the line from the other end perhaps?


Jude...really?
That's the best thing you can think of?
If you watch the video, everything sways back and forth with the water.
There's branches and debris that sway, not to mention the small tuft of grass.
Pulling the line? :facepalm:

The water is clearly being pulled by an unseen force.
I don't believe it's tidal although it could be.
Seems very indicative of a rise and swell from an underground pool.
Maybe the filling of underground chambers and pockets of gas being released.
This is not the end of the sinkhole that's for sure.

What we are seeing maybe telling of what's to come.
Something much, much more serious.
Let's all keep an eye on this one.




edit on 21-7-2013 by havok because: spelling


I agree with everything you've said. This is not tidal movement, this is repetitive displacement of water. Somewhere there is water escaping through some form of breach below the surface, into another cavern, there's a pause as the air pressure within that receptacle escapes (like a burp) and then the water rushes back in again, the air pressure builds up again, another burp, and so on... Somewhere in that sinkhole you'll find an escape of gas rising to the surface to match the timing of those movements.

That is, in my opinion, the most logical explanation for what we're seeing in this video. Exit of water into a cavern, the escape of gas creating a pause, then the resumption of flow again.
edit on 22-7-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)


Sorry, I'm all fora logical answer, but this in no way fits. How do you explain the water flowing backwards into its original place over and over? You only attempt to explain 1 way movement, your explanation leaves a lot to be desired and is most likely false. I am no sinkhole expert and can not begin to explain this, but I'm sure there is one out there who could..too bad he's not a member here.



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen
 


Sir, I live down here and I can assure you this is not fake. There is multiple videos of burps in this sinkhole and fluid movement.

If you wish to read on events that happened at this sinkhole since last October please refer to this page: www.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread960660/pg4#pid16705327]

This video was done 6/21/13 and that was when the known depth of the hole was 499'.



This one was done to where you can see the trees sinking, then waves crashing on the side of the hole.

It all has to do with land collapse underneath the water line that you can not see.




edit on 23-7-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The depth of the sinkhole changes based on a variety of factors, not the least of which is fluid movement.

As material sloughs in from the steep sides, the depth lessens. As voids in the disturbed rock zone (DRZ, this is a natural "frack out" as a result of the side wall of the Oxy3 cavern rupturing during a state mandated pressure test), collapse, further settling and subsidence occurs, resulting in the depth of the sinkhole increasing.


Think about an hourglass. As the sand runs into the lower chamber, a dimple will form in the surface of the sand in the upper chamber, this reaches a certain depth based upon like grain size and the angle of slope of the side of the hole. The same principle applies here;voids collapse, more salt is dissolved from the dome, minor seismic activity shakes the whole thing. There are a lot of factors in play here.

This is an extremely complex situation and people's lives are directly impacted. Adding to the confusion already present due to the actions (or lack thereof) of the authorities by calling hoax is doing no one any good.



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical
 


That is correct, I got some more info I will be posting later in on the other sinkhole thread. It will be dealing with residents and there troubles with a certain activity that Texas Brine is not being truthful about.



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
The depth of the sinkhole changes based on a variety of factors, not the least of which is fluid movement.

As material sloughs in from the steep sides, the depth lessens. As voids in the disturbed rock zone (DRZ, this is a natural "frack out" as a result of the side wall of the Oxy3 cavern rupturing during a state mandated pressure test), collapse, further settling and subsidence occurs, resulting in the depth of the sinkhole increasing.


Think about an hourglass. As the sand runs into the lower chamber, a dimple will form in the surface of the sand in the upper chamber, this reaches a certain depth based upon like grain size and the angle of slope of the side of the hole. The same principle applies here;voids collapse, more salt is dissolved from the dome, minor seismic activity shakes the whole thing. There are a lot of factors in play here.

This is an extremely complex situation and people's lives are directly impacted. Adding to the confusion already present due to the actions (or lack thereof) of the authorities by calling hoax is doing no one any good.


Good explanation and example, thank you. Trying to picture a giant hourglass right now...



Originally posted by CajunBoy
reply to post by jadedANDcynical
 


That is correct, I got some more info I will be posting later in on the other sinkhole thread. It will be dealing with residents and there troubles with a certain activity that Texas Brine is not being truthful about.


Link please? Nevermind... i see in your last post i believe.
edit on 7-23-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I doubt they would put a looped video on their News Channel page, I linked it somewhere back there.



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

edit on 7-23-13 by Mugen because: stupid



posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This pretty crazy video - of the hole swallowing trees.

Sorry for the ads - worth a look!

gma.yahoo.com...



posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Found it on youtube.




new topics

top topics



 
20
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join