It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waves at Louisiana bayou sinkhole - VIDEO

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
it seems from what i have read here and elsewhere,
this is erosion from the inside out.
ever seen the ground sink from a broken water pipe?
this is much bigger...hmmm.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I seriously want to know if certain people were watching the same video as I.
Their explanations are lacking....uh...any [hoax] evidence whatsoever.
This is a major story down south that deserves attention. Not mockery.

There are clearly foreign objects moving with the water.
There is nothing pulling the buoy, and it's clearly not the only thing moving...

What is the major malfunction?
Did I watch a completely different video?

You guys are killing me.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

i never thought it was a hoax to begin with.
i also think this is a very serious situation.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
I seriously want to know if certain people were watching the same video as I.
Their explanations are lacking....uh...any [hoax] evidence whatsoever.
This is a major story down south that deserves attention. Not mockery.

There are clearly foreign objects moving with the water.
There is nothing pulling the buoy, and it's clearly not the only thing moving...

What is the major malfunction?
Did I watch a completely different video?

You guys are killing me.

I watched it. I'm from the South, it's concerning. My Grandmother's family was from Louisiana and every time we would road trip through there she would say "Enjoy the scenery it'll all be underwater soon!" ...

It LOOKS LIKE TIDAL EBB AND FLOW TO ME (capitalized so you don't miss the fact that I am not educated in this stuff) and basically like how we say in the South, it don't look right.

It's not a chaotic movement, it is a gentle predictable ebb and flow throughout the ( NOT DOCTORED IMO) video.
This freaks me out.

So don't all you geologists jump on me I'm just putting in my 2 cent for what it's worth, I still read what ya'll smart people have to say

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

the ignorant "hoaxers" usually only stick around for a page or two,
then fly away to some other thread where they scream HOAX!!
those of us who really want to learn something
or have something to offer usually stick around for a while.
to me? this is a very serious situation.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

Cthuhlu

Man, I've been calling him for weeks and he won't answer my calls. I knew he was up to no good.

Must be him.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
There are a few different things that can cause that. Lets hope it is an underground tunnel connection to the river. The other ones are not so common but could possibly have a little more serious origination.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
For more information and to interact with ATS member CajunBoy who lives in the area, visit the excellent thread titled Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole! which is 92 pages as of this posting, but by going to the last 5 or so pages you can get an idea of what the current situation is.

This is America'!s Fukushima in that this tragedy has not seen much media attention, has been played down by authorities, and has no end in sight because the technology to "fix" the problem doesn't exist.

This is no hoax or joke, and while I am no "ologist" of any kind, I am confident that this video is legitimate and in no way related to tidal processes, this just happens the first time a camera was where it could capture the action of acgivity that has been ongoing.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
from what i've seen in the past 9 months or so i've been following it,
this is not going to go away, or end in favor of the home owners in
the area.

Sadly i only see this getting more and more of a problem, the main question
i have is just how much is that back and forth movement eating and eroding on
the soil under there? If this is in anyway connected to the ocean, which is entirely
possible, we could in the near future see the whole land between the sink hole and
the ocean disappear , all at once. This alone would cause some massive issues.

Mother nature is in control, sadly we can only try to learn and understand what is
happening and react to it. I just hope things dont get as bad as they can, and that
we figure out whats going on before it happens.

There are many families that lived in the area that are stranded, they cant go back home
because they were ordered out, but the companies are not buying the houses and land so
they can get on with their life yet.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Thanks, that was the thread i was trying to point out, but could not find
earlier when i posted the other links.
It has been a few days since i have checked into that thread and could not
remember what the title was.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

as i have been spouting off for a couple pages now
erosion is the big problem.
moving water equates erosion.
moving water has reached the sink hole.
big problem

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
That is serious and rather scary and needs way more media coverage.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cataka

I believe it fits almost exactly. Least the last time I looked it did.Here in the midwest we are supposed to be the new east coast. 'YIKES'.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

someone pulling on the line wont cause debris on both sides to shift as well.....
it "appears" very similar to typical tidal ebs ...but maybe somebody could actually check the salinity of the
water ? that would/could say if it has any connection to tidal flows at all...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Its not fair,

A sink hole has "water movement and a burp event" and it gets media coverage.

I do it and my fiancee banishes me to the garden :-(

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I live about 25 miles from the sinkhole. If it all goes to hell in a hand basket I just hope it goes qiuckly. And to think I always thought I would go out in a spectacular blimp accident.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
reply to post by Rocker2013

where is the sink "hole" in relation to this "lake" ?
if it is in the center then this explanation wont work.
it sounds logical if the "hole" is at the bottom of the screen.

I don't think that's relevant, because the displacement of so much water would create localized currents below the surface and the results of that could be seen anywhere.

If you look at a river long enough, you can see places where the flow of water is affected by obstacles beneath, and the same would apply here. It's the reason there are rapids in fast flowing water.

The escape of water could be anywhere around there really, with the flow of water pulling the surface in all kinds of places. We just happen to see this place on the surface, instead of another. There might be another area somewhere else showing a different kind of movement, because the debris and earth around it creates that appearance.

The movement we're seeing there is just a manifestation of an escape of water somewhere else. It doesn't have to be happening right there below the surface. If it were, you would also see some very big bubbles rising to the surface, and it would probably actually be considerably violent disruption of the surface too, like boiling water.
edit on 23-7-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

I posted back on page one that I think this video is a a hoax, but let me explain a bit further.

I do not question the location of the video. And I do not question the serious situation or even the probability that the water has started moving do to some really bad set of circumstances below the surface.

What I do question is that the video is clearly playing the same small snippet of video repeatedly forward, then backward several times. You can see the same camera pan and subtle changes that happen over and over. The audio was put in after the video editing to mask the edits.

I'm angry because, if this video is manipulated, it does not help the cause of drawing needed attention to this looming disaster.

Thanks for reading, and you are welcome to politely prove me wrong by pointing out differences in the ebbs and flows that show this to be a continuous video.
edit on 7/23/13 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

I disagree that it is a looped video. If you scrub (or skim) the timeline you can see that the yellow barrier never returns to the same position.

I did some screen caps to show that. I tried to take them at the point before the water retreats back to the left.

Beginning position:

Hope that helps.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join