It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waves at Louisiana bayou sinkhole - VIDEO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Source

Lots of new activity at mysterious Louisiana sinkhole in Bayou Corne. Assumption Parish Police Jury blog reported abundant surface water movement and burp event in the center of the sinkhole starting early on July 19, 2013. Video below, released on the same day shows sudden water movement at sinkhole area with tidal wave characteristics.

Lakes and smaller bodies of water do not normally have "tidal waves" which are typical only for oceans and seas but also bodies of water that are connected with them. There are some suggestions that Louisiana sinkhole somehow connected with the Gulf of Mexico through the salt dome and the Louann salt layer which connects all of these salt domes and covers over 7 states. The Louann underlies much of the northern Gulf coast from Texas to the Florida panhandle and extends beneath large areas of the Gulf coastal plain of Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas. Pressure, sediment movements, another floor collapse, gas leak...there is a list of possible causes.

Louann Salt Layer

I dunno what to say? Make a prediction? To me, it is telling. I think most of Louisiana will be under water in 5, 10, 20 years?

I think its caused by the water lowering and rising somehow.

According to experts, the depths change because the sediment in the sinkhole is constantly shifting and changing.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Since I don't see even a ripple on the water nor a rise of any sort on the shore or the island I can't go with waves.

Someone pulling on the line from the other end perhaps?

No idea.

Peace

edit on 21-7-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Reminds me of Edgar Cayce and his future map.

I think the Navy's predicted map of the US coastline fits with that prediction somewhat?

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Jude...really?
That's the best thing you can think of?
If you watch the video, everything sways back and forth with the water.
There's branches and debris that sway, not to mention the small tuft of grass.
Pulling the line? :facepalm:

The water is clearly being pulled by an unseen force.
I don't believe it's tidal although it could be.
Seems very indicative of a rise and swell from an underground pool.
Maybe the filling of underground chambers and pockets of gas being released.
This is not the end of the sinkhole that's for sure.

What we are seeing maybe telling of what's to come.
Something much, much more serious.
Let's all keep an eye on this one.

edit on 21-7-2013 by havok because: spelling

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Something, I dont know what, but it just looks a bit odd!
The sound doesn't appear to be broken, but we see jerkiness of the video, so would expect the sound to be broken.
If its fake then its quite well done.
edit on 21-7-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Jude...really?

The water is clearly being pulled by an unseen force.
I don't believe it's tidal although it could be.
Seems very indicative of a rise and swell from an underground pool.
Maybe the filling of underground chambers and pockets of gas being released.
This is not the end of the sinkhole that's for sure.

What we are seeing maybe telling of what's to come.
Something much, much more serious.
Let's all keep an eye on this one.

edit on 21-7-2013 by havok because: spelling

I'm with Jude on this. It doesnt look right.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It's the result of a burp.

Material from below, probably to include hydrocarbons and brine swapped places with water on the surface caused by in the disturbed rock zone far beneath.

Think about picking up a submerged washcloth in a bathtub, the water will slosh around until equilibrium is reached. Its the same principle here. You can even seethe motion on the seismos, there a link to PuterMan's page for them in my signature.

This is in NO WAY reltatred to tidal processes.
edit on 21-7-2013 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I see little ripples on the left.

Originally posted by Cataka
reply to post by Mugen

Reminds me of Edgar Cayce and his future map.

I think the Navy's predicted map of the US coastline fits with that prediction somewhat?

Cayce map in words

Cayce says that the East Coast of the United States will be disturbed, the west coast will literally disappear, and all coastal and close to sea level land all over the world will be under water. It looks like the Rocky Mountains will be the new coastal mountains in the United States. Anyone who was thinking that Nevada would be beach front property, it will be under water. Colorado doesn't fare too well even though the Rockies runs through it, it's elevation in general is still not high enough to stay above water entirely once the new land masses rise out of the oceans.

You're right afterall:

reply to post by havok

Lol. C'mon jude...

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Looks like something is breathing underneath the water

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Calling it as I see it.

Show me something else because as many here know me...I'll be all over it.

Until then...?

Peace

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Let me get this straight. That line going down the middle of the video in the water?

You say someone is on the other side of the lake, pulling it. Making it go back and forth. Would you not have to do it for a long time to generate enough.... force? Perhaps a tractor or something could have done it. But still, i dont believe you can generate enough force from that line.

Ok i thought of an example. You're sitting in the bath tub. Waving your hand back and forth in the water - going along with the mini wave you have created.

Still, why is that the only part of the line that is moving?
edit on 7-21-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

See the long period waves on this graph toward the top in red, I do believe that is the motion in the video.

PuterMan or Olivine could verify that as they are better at reading those, if that particular signal isn't this particular instance, it will look a lot like that.

Btw, this isn't a lake, it' a sinkhole in a swamp that has swallowed acres land (somewhere around 22) as a result of a sidewall blowout in a salt cavern filled with brine.

There are also pockets of hydrocarbons under and alongside the salt dome (which is about 2 miles x 3 miles ellipsoid), some of which bubbles to the surface in a burp. That is why the booms are in place,they capture and skim off the hydrocarbons and sell them.

Methane has been found under the slabs people's homes due to build up. Several of the wells in the dome have vent wells burning to siphon off excess pressure from natural gas. There are bubble sites all around the area (its swamp), and there is ongoing microseismc activity far below.

file
edit on 21-7-2013 by jadedANDcynical because: more details

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen
reply to post by jude11

Let me get this straight. That line going down the middle of the video in the water?

You say someone is on the other side of the lake, pulling it. Making it go back and forth. Would you not have to do it for a long time to generate enough.... force? Perhaps a tractor or something could have done it. But still, i dont believe you can generate enough force from that line.

Ok i thought of an example. You're sitting in the bath tub. Waving your hand back and forth in the water - going along with the mini wave you have created.

Still, why is that the only part of the line that is moving?
edit on 7-21-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

Start with a small movement and continue. It will soon gain momentum to move on its own.

Ok, Many here think it's something else so I'll cave...

Sasquatch and a Reptilian are having a tug-o-war on the shores.

No?

Then give me something else. I truly wish I'm wrong because my explanation is mundane. I want swamp monsters.

Peace

edit on 22-7-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Jude...really?

Incorrect. Everything you see in front of you does move back and forth in unison. If you watch the rest of the yellow flotation device (in a straight line in the background), that piece DOES NOT MOVE! Can you explain this one to me please?

Note: I support Jude on this one. There are too many hoaxers out there...so it is best to keep an open/skeptical approach to these videos.Someone could have put a fishing mesh under all the water debris to create a unison movement along with a line to pull the yellow floater. Then again, it would be pretty tough to do....

edit on 22-7-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

well,,well,, well,,deep hole with water in it,, why dont they cap it and syphon of 3 quarter in black iron pipe too all ,,,,one and all,, through out the Bayou,, u know like a natural gas station,,,come and get it ,,its FREE,,,,,,and well,,it might relieve some pressure too,, as a bonus

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
i understand that only the lower part of the video has objects moving....but everything in the lower part of the video is moving. that would be very hard to hoax. i think there must be another explanation here.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

Would require tying a fishing line to each and every leaf on the surface? no way

Thats definitely water moving, but its so fast and changes direction so quick - had me hypnotized wandering while watching it

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Sorry, but that video is clearly looped, played forward, then backward repeatedly. The audio was then inserted over it to give the impression of a continuous video feed.

I call fake on this one.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
exactly!
something strange going on there.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

looped? really?
so what is moving the water to begin with?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join