If you want to keep living a lie, then most likely this post is not for you.
It levies judgments everywhere it goes, and leaves a trail of cannon fodder that Rommel and Patton would have been in awe of.
The human ego is the most cunning of all creatures, on this planet; it ruins lives, destroys families, starts wars, and is responsible for almost
every problem present in the world today. The most obvious trait the ego has is the cunningness to never accept blame for anything. The Ego is guilty
of the emotional roller-coaster that everyone experiences from day to day, and the majority of the time the person is unaware of its control.
Who is afflicted by the ego?
Everyone is afflicted whether they will admit it or not. And how many choose to live their life with an affliction that dominates? The answer is
obvious if one has awareness.
The Ego will place absolute blame, on external people, circumstances, and events. The ego will do anything it can to control its environment from
accepting flattery, to laying waste by using humiliation tactics on its host.
Let me explain further.
Most of the time we think we are doing the right thing no matter how insane, or delusional it is, and the ego is right there telling us that we are
100% not at fault.
Many times when the ego rules a person’s life they will be in a state of constant, denial, chaos and in flux. Other times the person can be doing
great financially, but scared, broken, and lost on the inside, but the ego will justify to the host that everything is ok because they are financially
(The Ego) directs its energy and focus outwardly instead of looking internally at the blocks and conflicts that it places on its host. If the Ego
does direct energy inward it can be anything from overwhelmingly flattery, to criticizing and judging its owner, and only accepts truth and praise to
booster its own agenda.
Imagine you are having a conversation with another party and all of a sudden you feel threatened by a response the other party has given, so
immediately you respond with a bit of frustration. Your comment is met, on the other side with the same level of frustration and retorted in the same
manner, but with more emphasis that the original claim is invalid. As the conversation evolves, it actually concurrently descends into an ego driven
manifestation that becomes so diluted that no one is actually listening, but only trying to validate their side.
Sound familiar? Your ego is at work and in high gear.
Even the very essence of a person blaming the ego is proof the ego is at work.
People with a blame mentality (Ruled solely by their ego) almost never take responsibility for anything they say or do, and almost never admit they
Admitting we are all afflicted right from birth, with a cunning and unruly trait called the ego is the first step to awareness and achieving a more
peaceful inner state, but by the same token trying to deny, or destroy the ego is not the answer.
Some Suggestions for Ego Checks, Balances and Engagement.
1) First we have to admit and know we cannot change anyone else but ourselves, your ego will tell you the opposite of this statement.
2) Recognizing that having constant conflicts, with many different people, is a good self-check to becoming aware the ego is in control of your
3) Replace blame with claim, meaning instead of blaming other people and outside sources, you except full responsibility your life and actions. This
is easier said than done.
4) Whenever a negative thought pops into your head, from nowhere, or you hear that judgmental voice it's the ego talking for you, step back and be
aware of it, don't judge or over-react just start to take notice.
5) Understand the ego isn’t a bad thing, but when left unchecked it will dominate almost every aspect of your being.
6) Stop over-ruling your intuition, it comes from a higher source and is what is supposed to keep the ego in check.
7) Meditation, quiet time, reflective moments of peace or however you want to label them are a much needed and required exercise that is lacking from
8) If you feel miserable, sad, depressed, anxious, scared, not centered, or anything opposite of being grounded and happy, then most likely the ego is
9) If you wish to help someone else regarding their ego act as a catalyst rather than a fuel, thus allowing them to right themselves.
Think about this for a moment, if everyone had the same bodies, same shape, same color, same everything the ego would then need to find fault in
something other than physical attributes to prop up its agenda, so most likely it would pick on intelligence, or something similar and non-physical.
Continued to a story...
edit on 21-7-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)