It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXTREME Canadian Road Rage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This is how we dish out road rage in Canada eh!

I thought Canadians were insane with road rage and then I found this:

Wow!

Peace

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think you may appreciate this.
Bless Canada, we could learn a lot from them.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
I think you may appreciate this.
Bless Canada, we could learn a lot from them.

Ok, that's funny!

Thanks!

Peace

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Had that happened in the US there would have been an altercation for sure!!! What respectable people, it really is refreshing to see.
ETA: both parties were probably just relieved that no one was hurt, and that is why they did not get so worked up. I know I would have been pretty angry, but I bet my heart would be pounding at the same time

edit on 21-7-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The first one doesn't appear to be road rage at all. The driver of the truck apologizes. It appears he was trying to do a u-turn and didn't see the bikers. Also, several people in the comments said that it was not Canada, but Texas as there appears to be a Texas license plate on the truck, and the Texan accents.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Another good one I saw about canadas graffiti problem.
www.funnyjunk.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The first one is not from canada, its from Texas if you look into it a bit more

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

That would scare the crap out of me if some one did that to me [2nd vid].
And yet it would anger me as well.
The 1st video they were actually nice to one another.

Along with your Animal/Pet forum, you ought to try to have a 'Road Rage' forum.....
There would be bountiful videos to post.

Man those people are crazy!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
reply to post by jude11

Another good one I saw about canadas graffiti problem.
www.funnyjunk.com...

Yes, we are a nasty Society...

Reminds me of graffiti I saw in Toronto once:

"Soup is Good Food"

That was 30 yrs ago but I found it so profound that I've never been able to forget it...

Peace

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
The first one is not from canada, its from Texas if you look into it a bit more

Nope,

The discussion on the vid is for both and we do have plates with the same colors so I'm going with Canada...

Peace

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
The first one doesn't appear to be road rage at all. The driver of the truck apologizes. It appears he was trying to do a u-turn and didn't see the bikers. Also, several people in the comments said that it was not Canada, but Texas as there appears to be a Texas license plate on the truck, and the Texan accents.

I think my hearing is bad because the accent I heard was Kiwi or English...Not American or Canadian.

Thought it could be a tourist.

Meh...Who knows. Funny as hell anyways.

Peace

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The guy in the second video in Brisbane was arrested and charged over the incident.

Believe it or not, he actually claimed the video of the incident was "fake".

The man accused of Australia's worst case of road rage to be caught on film took a back seat this afternoon, arrested and formally charged. More people have now contacted Today Tonight alleging that they too have been targeted by the rogue driver.

A man who didn't want to reveal his identity has recalled his terrifying encounter with the same driver who attacked Ken Olsen. "He put his windows down and was shouting absolute abuse at me - going on that he had the right of way, everything like that. If he could have got out of that car, I have no doubt he was going to bash me," the alleged victim said. "This guy was just full of rage. The way he went on, it really shook me up a lot."

A woman also came forward yesterday claiming to be another victim. She remembers being menaced by the same man, with the same distinctive sticker on the back, near where Olsen was chased. "He's a maniac and he should not be on the road at all," she said. "I don't want to be a statistic and nor does anybody else." Sullivan is expected to face court next Monday on charges including Dangerous Driving and Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle.

au.news.yahoo.com...

edit on 21-7-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
The guy in the second video in Brisbane was arrested and charged over the incident.

Believe it or not, he actually claimed the video of the incident was "fake".

The man accused of Australia's worst case of road rage to be caught on film took a back seat this afternoon, arrested and formally charged. More people have now contacted Today Tonight alleging that they too have been targeted by the rogue driver.

A man who didn't want to reveal his identity has recalled his terrifying encounter with the same driver who attacked Ken Olsen. "He put his windows down and was shouting absolute abuse at me - going on that he had the right of way, everything like that. If he could have got out of that car, I have no doubt he was going to bash me," the alleged victim said. "This guy was just full of rage. The way he went on, it really shook me up a lot."

A woman also came forward yesterday claiming to be another victim. She remembers being menaced by the same man, with the same distinctive sticker on the back, near where Olsen was chased. "He's a maniac and he should not be on the road at all," she said. "I don't want to be a statistic and nor does anybody else." Sullivan is expected to face court next Monday on charges including Dangerous Driving and Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle.

au.news.yahoo.com...

That's definitely one guy who should not be allowed on the road for a long time.

Peace

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I guess all that kraft dinner causes Canadians to become angry. Lay off the kraft.

P.S. It's Macaroni and Cheese!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Im suspicious...

there was no beer in either of those videos...

What the hell?

Can't be Canadian...

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
That's definitely one guy who should not be allowed on the road for a long time.

According to the below story, the guy may soon be back on the road again.

Here's the sentence handed down by the Magistrate:

Disqualified from driving for 6 months.
Put on two years’ probation.
And ordered to pay $17,000 restitution to Mr Olsen.

On Wednesday, he was handed two year’s probation, lost his license for 6 months, that's less than a month for each time he deliberately rammed Ken's car. “He used that vehicle as a weapon against me. If it was any other country he would have been charged with attempted murder or using a motor vehicle as a deadly weapon and he would have gone to jail for a long period of time.” Said Ken

The court also ordered Sullivan to pay more than 17 thousand dollars restitution for the damage he caused.

“It's definitely a jail able offense people have been jailed on occasions with respect to dangerous operation of a car.” Said Adam Magill (criminal lawyer). “His defense has done a fabulous job.” Said Adam

But Ken doesn't think much of the job done on him by the justice system. The date of Sullivan's hearing was changed but incredibly Ken wasn't told. He was denied the opportunity to face his attacker in court.

I wanted to see him, see whether he had remorse, and I was supposedly going to give a victim's impact statement where I could have told the court what impact it's had on me. I was not afforded that opportunity and I think it's disgraceful. There was no sign of Sullivan today at his family's luxury home, south of Brisbane.

“Was Edward happy with 2 years’ probation and 6 months disqualified driving?” Asked David “That's not for me to comment on.” Ken has recovered from the shoulder injury he suffered but the mental scarring is a long way from healing. “It's had an effect on me socially, professionally and emotionally.” Said Ken

www.todaytonightadelaide.com.au...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
If anyone actually read the op, the incident was from AUSTRALIA.....NOT CANADA!
They drive o the left.Canada drives on the right like Yankees do.....

top topics

join