It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem With The World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Russell Means on fixing the problems we've made for ourselves:

Means noted that the matriarchal social structure affords “instant conflict resolution.” “The clan system solves problems in days, if not hours, and everyone comes away feeling good about themselves,” he observed. This is because every problem and decision is taken into counsel and worked until unanimous consent is reached. “Even if it takes you sometimes a year to reach a decision, you have no one disgruntled and talking behind your back –– because everyone has come to agreement.”

“We never made the mistake of adopting democracy,” Means asserted. “Majority rules means a minority suffers, and that minority must endure it until they become a majority. If that is civilization, I’m uncivilized.”

Implying that all indigenous cultures were originally matriarchal, he maintained, “No weapons of war from a pre-Colombian grave have been found.”
an-uncommon-scold.newsvine.com... rite-rigoglioso-phd

Through consensus, not force.

Of course that wouldn't be workable in today's world because communities are merely subdivisions of the patriarchal federal government and women are as out of control as men but as Means (may he rest in peace) opined:

These last 6000 years are a convenient lie. From religion to governments, we have lived under a patriarchy with the leaders at the top of the proverbial pyramid and the rest of us underneath. This is a fact of life on our over-populated earth. What is a patriarchy, though? It is a system that both completely lacks and completely fears the feminine. Patriarchy is an imbalanced, fear-based, warlike and truly insane structure because only a patriarchy is on top, obsessed with control and completely inhumane to everything below. What it fears, it wants to control; what it can't control, it wants to terrorise and destroy. Within this strict system, there is no true freedom. What, then, is the solution to this problem? The answer is to simply return to a matriarchy, based on the feminine. A matriarchy actually represents the origins of individual liberty through representative government.

connection.ebscohost.com...

Just something to contemplate.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
There is no "human nature" that you could define outside of its environment, there is no living organism that you could define outside of its environment, and there is always an environment. It's the environment that nurtures the organism, it's the environment that shapes us all and all other living organisms. We have always lived in an environment of scarcity, that we believe it is our nature to behave like this, to the point that we ourselves today in the 21th century have created and maintain a system of artificial scarcity.

You have to forget about ideology and look at the reality of things and the reality of possibilities. We have created our own prison made of ideologies. We look too much in the past, but the past lacks one important thing : potential. We don't have room in our minds for change because all the space is taken up by ideologies, old ideas, archaisms, ancient retarded clumsy philosophies that cloud our judgement. You cannot look in the past and say "there is all there is, we have always been like that and we will always be like that", that's a serious mistake, because potential is by definition something that has to do with the future, not the past.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

Oh come on give me a break already. My sister can go out with her friends and i dont have to worry about her getting raped by ten commandos raiding the village and chopping peoples limbs off with machetes. Thats how.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy
. Maybe we all play a vital role in making this world a better place, Maybe its up to you and me to make it the place we desire. The funny part is that they get upset at the world yet don't do anything to make the world a better place.

Yes, agreed. If I cannot be as I want the world to be why would I expect it to be any different.
The solution to that problem is simple BE what you want your world to be.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I guess you don't live in detroit?
Atrocities such as gang rapes are happening world wide.

Progress gets reversed, regress as it is happening in society today, we just think we are better than before because of technology, flawed reasoning, because of science, and thats what the media tells us.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

What are you talking about? Do you ever travel outside your television screen?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Okay, yeah and a wonderful "t-shirt truth"... but what about if animism is true? Wouldn't things then be as conscious as the rest of creation and deserve/need love? Just sayin' for argument's sake (which is another human trait that is good-bad).

On to the broader topic... and really, once the problem, or more correctly, problems are identified, then we go on to solutions... which are...? Or how do we get others to love more or even do the simple day-to-day things for the general good?

No wonder people want a big brother from the sky to come down and fix everything. That's much simpler and faster than being unselfish, loving and proactive (and getting everyone else to be to everyone's satisfaction).
edit on 7/23/2013 by Baddogma because: a usual reason

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Your seriously ignorant if you think america and africa are on the same level give me a #ing break.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The level of ignorance in America vs Africa is different ?
Either you are ignorant or you are not.
Fear and desire .
SELFISHNESS.
Thats why the OP is right when he says get your own house in order first so you are being what you are.
Change yourself and change your world.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
A false witness who pours out lies
and a person who does discord among brothers.
Proverbs 6:16-19

For out of the heart come evil thoughts--murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.
Matthew 15:19

For it is from within, out of a person's heart, that evil thoughts come--sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly.
Mark 7:21-22

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
Proverbs 4:23

Everything flows from thoughts...out of .the "heart". What has been placed into our minds during our lifetimes? How many thousands upon thousands of media hours have been spoken into our minds? What is in that media? All of the above. Why?

Faith comes through HEARING the gospel. The beast was given an image that speaks.The media is its pulpit.
Everything flows from the heart, yet we refused to guard it. And now we love those very things which have killed 50,000,000 (50 MILLION) of our infants in the USA alone, filled up prisons with drug addicts, thieves, child molesters, murderers and rapists, we chase the almighty dollar as if it gives us life, we lie, cheat, steal, gossip and slander everyone. Most worship the beast, man in his wickedness. And many like it so, denying and blind to the horrific consequences of exalting those very things which Our Creator tells us are the very desires which must be not only guarded against, but overcome by the very Spirit of God, welcomed into us. The 'problems of the world' stem from these desires, these thoughts. He tells us all, like He did Israel, that these are mightier than we are but that it is His Spirit that slays and drives them out before us, little by little, until what remains is the mind fully in Christ. This is the future if you want it. What is in the world today directly stems from men worshipping the beast wanting to stay in Adam. Dead men walking, no, rushing headlong into death.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

You cannot make anyone do anything, you are only responsible for your own actions.

I shared a simple truth.
Because the world is so messed up that there is no fix for it.
Only for ourselves.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Your seriously ignorant if you think america and africa are on the same level give me a #ing break.

On what level are you talking, safety? knowledge? manipulation?
You really need to go out and explore other countries, meet different cultures.
Be my guest and go to the theatres to watch a movie.

What do you prefer, getting your head chopped of by a machete or die slow by the hand of manipulation and brainwashing?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

What are you talking about?

<< 1   >>

join