It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem With The World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
One doesn't have to ask many people to find out that many think the world is need of changing. The world is is indeed in rough shape. Between the high unemployment, poverty, diseases, war/murder, rape, abuse, etc... you can begin to see state of the world is less than desirable. The problem is that the world is the way it is because of us.

Garbage in, Garbage out.

We give the world our worst yet expect the best. We call many in the world scumbags or whatnot yet don't realize where they come from, society. Society is breeding people to be the way they are in the world. When we live in a world where everyone thinks they are innocent, we get what we currently have. No one wants to take responsibility for contributing trash to the world. Everyone seems hell bent on playing the victim role to justify spreading their anger into the world. The funny part is that they get upset at the world yet don't do anything to make the world a better place.

Maybe the problem with the world is us. Maybe we all play a vital role in making this world a better place, Maybe its up to you and me to make it the place we desire.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Yes. We support the problems at which we point. We consume oil and plastics to the detriment of the race. We buy poison processed, modified and chemically grown food. We support Pharma buy consuming endless dosages of crappy chemical "medicines".
Our personal disregard of other beings manifests globally in environmental destruction and wars.
Rather than sharpen our minds and nurture positive clear thoughts, we dull and muddle them, subconsciously submitting to their negative programming by consuming television and media.
Our weak minds create the weak world about which we complain.
We buy fast food, shop at Wal-Mart, and what little money
(energy) we are able to glean, we put right back into the corporate system. Or Big Banks.

It boils down to individual responsibility, which we do not take, instead passing blame to others.

The solution is for us to individually fill our ethical vacuums: collectively positive change will manifest.

Your Self is the only thing you can immediately control. This is where to begin. This is the Problem With The World.
edit on 21-7-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The problem with the world is that the people who were assigned to look after it decided to destroy it instead.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo
It boils down to individual responsibility, which we do not take, instead passing blame to others.

The solution is for us to individually fill our ethical vacuums: collectively positive change will manifest.

Your Self is the only thing you can immediately control. This is where to begin. This is the Problem With The World.

Those are some powerful words...

One thing I would add is that people accept whatever they hear.

Sometimes it almost seems that many actually BELIEVE that they can't put anything on the Internet that isn't true:

Where did you hear that?
The Internet.
And you believed it?
Yeah. They can't put anything on the Internet that isn't true.
Where did you hear that?
The Internet.

“One of the biggest problems with the world today is that we have large groups of people who will accept whatever they hear on the grapevine, just because it suits their worldview — not because it is actually true or because they have evidence to support it. The really striking thing is that it would not take much effort to establish validity in most of these cases… but people prefer reassurance to research.”

Neil deGrasse Tyson

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The problem with the world...

Blaming our failings on human nature.

Ticks me off I tell you. As though we don't have a conscious for a reason. Human nature my arse...

Cirque

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

It seems to me the world is as it always was.

We might actually be in better shape then ever before. The entire world was like Africa is now not to long ago. Maybe even worse....

I really think it comes down to the ego its such a pile of #. People think their smarter, better, whatever.
edit on 21-7-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Not even close. The problem with this world is, this world, was not meant to be.
Mankind was not meant to live such a rigid existence. This is the world we have
created for ourselves. Not what the creator meant us to have.

edit on 21-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Let's say that something happened that killed all the predators of rabbits (an animal that we consider gentle and lovable). What's going to happen? Within a very short time there would be billions of rabbits, all fighting for a depleting food supply. Within the rabbit society there would be a queen that gets all the attention and the best food. In the lower ranks there are always battles for superiority. Some rabbits fight because they just don't like each other - it's just in their nature.

So, in reality there really isn't anything wrong in the world. What you see humans doing is exactly what humans do. It's just in their nature. Historically, man has fought for food, served a king or queen (giving them all the best stuff), with the lower ranks fighting for superiority.

If you want to change the world you have to change human nature. This would be a good thing, considering that (in societies) it is human nature to destroy all that we touch.

Understanding Rabbit Heirarchy
edit on 7/21/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
ignore
edit on 21-7-2013 by LevelEleven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You are describing animal nature, which has been necessary for species to survive and evolve on earth to this stage.
However, man has the added faculty of mind, which is able to reason and act accordingly, ideally for the betterment of all.
It is the instinctive faculty of mind which drives us to eat food, reproduce, etc.
We have used our minds, rather than to seek lofty and universal goals, to devise ways to selfishly feed this animal nature.
Our moral lack, and the world's subsequent problems, is precisely because we have thus far chosen to dwell mentally in our animal, survivalist nature. The view that destructive inhabitance of this planet is our destined lot and our nature, rationalizes against the very point made in the OP. The view shifts responsibility for the world's conditions from the individual, who again is the victim, this time of nature's circumstances.

The Problem With The World is that we are personally, selfishly dwelling in our animal natures, and not taking the responsibility for results of our actions. It is practically a matter of our very evolution at a standstill, or even digression.

So it is not that, to change our world, you would have to change human nature. It is that, to change our world,
Humans need to assume their proper nature as a conscious and forward race of Intelligent beings.
Our minds can separate and exalt us from the animal nature, but we use them to grossly reflect and exaggerate it to selfish means.

edit on 21-7-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Here is the problem with the world.

It is as simple as that.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Awesome quote...

Goes great with Dionne Warwick singing "What The World Needs Now" in the background...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I agree Ralphy there is so much hatred and basing of people becusae of their sexual orientation and there is more problems than can be solved so I announced I was off to New Zealand two months ago and I never have gone so that bluff didn't work and again I lied as I always do LIE LIE LIE as I am trying to shake myself of many problems related to my homosexuality.

My advice to you is I am reading the Bible because I feel it is important to understand the full nature of something if I am to intelligently argue against [or even for/ or knot] it. My purpose is not one of spiritual fulfillment, I am a sceintist, and I would caution you against discouraging anyone to read anything.

Truth will out!

Darryl Forests
Luvs Harry Potter - the story

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Humans need to assume their proper nature as a conscious and forward race of Intelligent beings.
reply to post by ecapsretuo

When you look at human history it shows our proper nature. How can there be an improper nature? If you accept that in the wild it is natural for alpha males to fight (sometimes to the death), how can you not accept the very same trait in the human animal?

In order to change our path that leads to self-destruction we need to shut off all that is natural within us. Things like:

It is natural to look at certain strangers and without even saying a word to them we dislike or even hate them. How can we stop this?

Love of family, the opposite sex, and of our separate nations compels us to draw lines in the sand. If someone hurts a member of my family, my girlfriend, my country, it is natural to want to fight to seek revenge. Love leads to war. How can we stop this?

When it comes to survival we think of our loved ones first. Would you feed a stranger's child before your own? Would you pull a strangers child from quicksand before your own? Of course not. We must make a stranger's child as important as our own. Could you do that? I know I couldn't.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
jiggerj-- Exactly right. Human nature is the reason for the vast majority of problems we currently face and our ancestors have faced before us.

Until they find out a way to eliminate GREED from the human psyche, nothing will ever change. I've seen many threads on revolutions, how that time is coming, etc.

What happens after a revolution when humans as a whole are still greedy? We may revolt and take down the people we feel are responsible, but there will ALWAYS be somebody directly underneath them ready and willing to take the reigns. Revolutions have happened before, are we any better now than when we had a revolution in this very country?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by oldetimehockey4
jiggerj-- Exactly right. Human nature is the reason for the vast majority of problems we currently face and our ancestors have faced before us.

Until they find out a way to eliminate GREED from the human psyche, nothing will ever change. I've seen many threads on revolutions, how that time is coming, etc.

What happens after a revolution when humans as a whole are still greedy? We may revolt and take down the people we feel are responsible, but there will ALWAYS be somebody directly underneath them ready and willing to take the reigns. Revolutions have happened before, are we any better now than when we had a revolution in this very country?

Spot on, OTH. Whenever a government is toppled, the person taking hold of the new reigns will be power hungry, arrogant, greedy... Who will NEVER become leader? The average guy who just wants to settle down and raise a family (

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The problem with the world is ignorance , misguided purpose in life , greed , corrupted world leaders and a bogus value system.

If it were not for ignorance the few would not be able to rule the world.

Then again, perhaps the world is functioning as its suppose to. If we look at nature , we could considerate it to be pretty cruel as well and ill guided for that matter.

edit on 23-7-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
the only difference between the greed and corruption we see now and the greed and corruption we saw 5000 years ago is scale, the same motivators that drove people then drive them now.

there have been moments in history where the best of humanity shone for a short while in a localised area but overall we are the same ego driven species we always have been.

we may be evolving physically; but mentally, not so much

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by Ralphy

We might actually be in better shape then ever before. The entire world was like Africa is now not to long ago. Maybe even worse....

Why do you think it's bad in Africa? Why are we any better?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The problem with the world is that it's inhabitants are too busy glued to the television, believing the lies and propaganda spewing from it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join