It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marshals Lose Track of Encrypted Radios Worth Millions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Marshals Lose Track of Encrypted Radios Worth Millions

online.wsj.com

The U.S. Marshals Service has lost track of at least 2,000 encrypted two-way radios valued at millions of dollars, according to internal agency documents, creating what some within the agency view as a security risk for federal judges, endangered witnesses and others.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bullfax.com

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I searched and couldn't find it, and it was just breaking.

Oh boy, this is just too convenient for anyone to ignore. With these radios in the right hands, big people could start dropping like flies. With the elections coming soon, and these radios being the kind that are used by police and U.S. Marshals, this could get really interesting.

I don't know about you all, but I would not be surprised if these radios end up being a part of a major conspiracy that has yet to unfold.

EDIT: This isn't a loss of the radios all at once, this is the story breaking that over 2,000 radios are unaccounted for in the records, which is just now being revealed.

~Namaste

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-7-2013 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2013 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Cool, so you could probably use one to find out which judges are corrupt?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
They'll be on Ebay, for sale, in about a week or two.

Or they're already off to Russia or China, for reverse engineering purposes....

I'm glad to know there are geniuses in positions of power and authority. Makes me feel extra safe living in states.

Regardless, I give it another 15-20 years before they start pulling people out of their homes for re-education camps for posts like this one I'm leaving here.

We're seeing the last few years of freedom of speech

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

The real concern is not people using these things to directly monitor law enforcement organisations, but the possibility that having these items may lead to the encryptions being broken, and the access to those channels sold to the highest bidder, or worse, to many factions, from organised criminal enterprises, to terror groups and foreign interests.

This is what my countrymen traditionally refer to as a right bloody balls up, and someones head is bound to roll, if there is actually any justice or sense in the world (which means that nothing will happen, and no one will be held responsible for these incredibly expensive and important radios).

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

TPTB seem to be getting extremely desperate in their looting and lying........

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
i think i remember reading something about the mexican drug cartels somehow getting ahold of these.

operation faster and more furious?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
geez....how can you lose 2000 radios, are they having part-time, McDonalds working, high-school kids running their logistics???...sorry high-school kids, I didn't mean to insult your intelligence, of course they didn't

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Can you hear me now?
What we have here is failure to communicate.
Put some gps in those things.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Radios like this require key fills in increments using a device called a CYZ-10 most of the time the timing and radio "keys" are always adjusted to zulu time dated of of a ceaserian date calendar, if I say more I may be in violation of something. My point is, is that if they are missing and you aquired one, they will not work without the keys the cyz10 and ignorance of timing. it is a loss of money but for opsec its not a big hit we are only speaking of little small town ppl like cops more or less they are not running ops in other countries with real bad guys hunting them, if anything the ppl these guys are looking for are trying to avoid contact, lucky them, the saying complacency kills time wins again oh yeah complacency kills tax dollars too

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
At that rate I wouldn't say they lost them, but handed them over to a secret project somewhere, and now it's just in their books as lost. And somewhere government spies are picking up their encrypted walkie-talkie out of a secret compartment in a trash can, with a rubber band of cash and a map around it, looking for their next contact. The military is tracking all the signals anyways. It just reminds me of bureaucratic waste because now who does the tracking of that, or do they just let the walkie-talkies surface on their own?

This means that be extra skeptical of anybody looking official now. And they are being reverse engineered.

new topics

top topics

join