It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI agent gave Whitey Bulger explosives to send to IRA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Wow

Big surprise america funding the IRA

I was once in a bar in the us when a geeza shoved a bucket in my face

and demanded a contribution to the "cause"

As an English man with Irish/Scottish parents

I had to explain that i couldn't contribute to the death of innocent men, women and children

It didn't go down very well

Strange how the funding stopped as soon as the american public experienced a bit of senseless death and destruction in their own back garden.
edit on 22-7-2013 by marvinthemartian because: oops dyslexic

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by thefifthcat
reply to post by Chipkin9

Your absolutely right about the British Government also supplying arms to terrorists as well, another reason why I don't believe you will here too much complaining from here. None of them have clean hands.

Well I am at least glad someone here agrees with me; Everyone else ignored to comment after my Rhetoric.

Each to their own I suppose.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This trial has been #ing awesome. I can't wait for a TV series...hopefully HBO is working on it so we can have all the blood & guts.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
They may have given Whitey Bulger the C4 but did it ever get to the IRA.
Or did the British intercept it and arrest the IRA smugger.
Or did Whitey Bulger give it to mob friends for busting safes

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chipkin9
Alot of people condemning this as treason from the US towards Britain because they are allies; and they souldn't have armed the IRA "Terrorists".

Well the USA and UK are allies of terrorism. You don't see the IRA invading countries for oil and their own financial gain.

The Irish natives of Ireland were subjected to Imperialism and domination from the UK who occupied our territory, murdered our woman and children and divided our beautiful country.

The native Irish suffered years of slavery, starvation, murder, persecution, and genocide from the British imperialists, yet THE IRA ARE TERRORISTS?

That doesn't add up at all!

After partitioning Ireland into two, the Irish population of the North were treated like dirt.

The IRA were established to fight back against British oppression that had occurred to them; to fight back for equal rights and to have a political voice for the Irish people.

Violence, bombings and murder occurred from the IRA because they were terrorized AGAINST in the 1st place from state sponsored terrorism, in the form of UVF, UDA and all other loyalist terrorist groups that murdered innocent Irish people 1st!

I don't view the IRA as terrorists, they were fighting for a just cause in they're own country against a foreign country who invaded and occupied our land, and then subjected us as slaves and everything else.

If anyone of your countries were invaded and your country had no official military to fight back, what would your citizens do?

Think about that long and hard!

To finish my post I'd also like to add that after the Boston bombing, there were a large majority of people who hailed it as just desserts or Karma for the simple reason that Boston has a large Irish American populace who raised money for the IRA; what does that say about the people who rejoiced about this as being just desserts?

One man's terrorist is anothers freedom fighter. If governments oppress citizens of another nation and bomb them to oblivion then it's ok.

If ACTUAL fighters for freedom bomb back against the governments who are oppressing then it's called terrorism; tell me the difference?
edit on 21-7-2013 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

Would that be the same IRA who collaborated with some of the worse mass murders in history? The Nazi's
Yes i thought so

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Chipkin9

Well I am at least glad someone here agrees with me; Everyone else ignored to comment after my Rhetoric.

I think it's been firmly established that the UK government had links with elements within the loyalist para-militaries.
Personally I find that inexcusable and I would have no problem with those responsible being prosecuted.
But as with many things that happened during The Troubles, on both sides, many things have been either swept under the carpet or conveniently ignored in an effort to further the peace process.
Is that a bad thing? - I honestly don't know - and I suspect we've barely scratched the surface regarding some of the shady dealings that went on during that period.

On reflection I do understand your perspective.

My point was that I thought this thread was about American involvement with terrorist groups and organised crime figures.
Imagine the uproar if an MI6 agent had been using British based Muslim criminals to supply explosives to active Al-Qaeda terrorists in the USA.

Each to their own I suppose.

Indeed.
Something more people should bear in mind.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
I guess you could add the IRA bombing of London to this meme

I liked your contribution so I have doubled it.

Sadly, America is too distracted to notice; far more important things to be doing. like waiting for Justin Beiber to tweet another pic of himself playing with his monkey.

Sad times!

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I never considered that the IRA packed it in because of the lack of funding from the US after 911.

I always had an idea that they thought that the jig was up after these attacks.

One reason was that funds for counter-terrorism was going to go though the roof
The other reason was that in the new century, we are going through a technology revolution, and that would include surveilance equipment.

I think someone in the IRA hierarchy realised that their war was unwinable.

Anyway, back on topic. It doesn't look like here will be any media interest in this story, the only sources seem to be from Irish based sites. I wonder if the British press have been told 'don't go there'.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

It doesn't look like here will be any media interest in this story, the only sources seem to be from Irish based sites. I wonder if the British press have been told 'don't go there'.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least - it might be a mighty large can of worms they'd be opening if they did.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join