Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What The Hell am I Doing on ATS?

page: 1
17
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
And you thought it might be another rant right?


Nope. Just a musing as to why I'm here and what keeps me here. For me, it's many things actually.

When I was young I ignored the news because I always thought that if something important enough were to happen that I needed to know, I would find out soon enough. How naive.


Now I have a thirst to know what is happening around the globe because I've come to realize that it's my World and everything that happens has some effect on my life whether I know it or not. Maybe not at the moment but in the future.

So why ATS?

Quite simply because I can trust the news here more than most other sources. It comes from real people with a desire to share, vent, argue, discuss etc. And then we have a lot of experts on certain subjects as well. Have a question? Just ask.

I also have a need to feed my ADD and ATS satisfies that to no end...
With something new popping up on the pages every few minutes I can click, click, click,click, click, click...all damn day!
and then we ....oooh....looka da squirrel!


The best part? Look at the front page sometime. We got Sasquatch, UFO's, Govt. Corruption, Police Brutality, Art, Music, Religion, Recipes, Animals, Pets (Needs a Forum BTW) and so much more.

We have people from every corner of the globe so we get to experience different views that we might never have otherwise.

I have made a few friends and probably a few more enemies.
But even that's ok.

And then there is the certainty that when the SHTF in a major way I'll know about within minutes because that's what we do...we sound the alarm for all to hear. Ok, some alarms are not needed but you get the picture. Where else will you know within minutes that it's time to grab the BOB and get outta Dodge?

But best of all....When I feel like I'm the only one thinking and feeling that the World is seriously coming to a boiling point and I try to talk to friends or family with them looking at me as if I'm ready for the rubber room...I come here and know I'm not the only one...we're all nuts!


Yeah I get frustrated sometimes with policies, T&C etc but all in all, it's still better than not being here at all.

So that's me...What the hell are you doing here?


Just a lazy Sunday afternoon Non-Rant for a change...


Peace



edit on 21-7-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)




posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm glad it wasn't a rant - and I'm surprising myself here when I say it makes a nice change.

I come to ATS for the news, and the large member base - I hope I can learn from others and they can learn from myself.

If you can tolerate some of the boards negative aspects - you can utilise it's positive aspects quite well.

By negative, I mean it is by default quantity rather than quality over here, but if there was ever a 'mainstream' conspiracy site, it would be ATS.



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Out in the real world, what people talk about is somewhat boring. Nobody talks about bigfoot around here unless they are talking about me and my 15EEEE feet. So I don't get to hear about it. Nobody wants to mention their UFO sightings, except if you ask in a conversation that is adequately steered. I know two people who have seen them in person. A person hates to bring up weird things with people they know because they may start talking behind their back to others. Here, you can let go a little but always remember that it may be seen by someone you do know. It gives a little suspense to life for both parties though. If I think someone I meet here could be someone I know, how can I be sure. Mystery in life helps make it interesting.

When out in public, the same kind of conversations come up over and over, nobody wants to take sides, nobody wants to talk about controversial things unless they are with very good friends. Small talk is abundant. Since the net was created, people have learned all sorts of new things, the conversations have gotten better somewhat. The problem is that people who don't use the net much aren't able to join in some of the conversations with people they know anymore.

It will soon be like the seventies when the quality of pot caused a class division amongst the people, the ones with the better smoke hung around with each other. This broke up the big social gatherings. Who would think that a social structure would form from something like that. I see the same thing happening with cell phones to an extent. It happened with computers too. It happens in sports a lot. This does not seem logical to me.

So I joined ATS where any nut with internet access could go as long as he followed some basic rules....
I think I may have just broke one.



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
I'm glad it wasn't a rant - and I'm surprising myself here when I say it makes a nice change.

I come to ATS for the news, and the large member base - I hope I can learn from others and they can learn from myself.

If you can tolerate some of the boards negative aspects - you can utilise it's positive aspects quite well.

By negative, I mean it is by default quantity rather than quality over here, but if there was ever a 'mainstream' conspiracy site, it would be ATS.


I enjoy a good rant now and then...
Who doesn't?

But I got to thinking that although many of us do rant, what keeps us here?

Peace



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse
 




The problem is that people who don't use the net much aren't able to join in some of the conversations with people they know anymore.


Agreed 100%

Just had another conversation with a friend about 30 minutes ago. It's always the same with us.

Her: I love Obama!

Me: ^&#@$(^*&%) Obama...


She doesn't understand what I really mean because she never heard it on CNN...

Nuff said.

Peace



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
ATS helps distract me from my health issues.
Helps keep my mind off what's going on with them.
Nothing fancy. That's pretty much it.



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
ATS helps distract me from my health issues.
Helps keep my mind off what's going on with them.
Nothing fancy. That's pretty much it.


If it works for you, I'm glad.


Peace



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


what are you doing on ats the night jude you should be getting well oiled as it is not everyday you hit the half ton .

i am going to party like a mad man in 3.4 years when i hit it



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Happy Birthday Jude11!
To answer your question "What the Hell are you doing here?"....I must respond, "Where the Hell ELSE would you be?". (LOL)
This is the happening place to be! Where anything and everything is possible!
Where some people believe everything....and others believe nothing. A place where your own personal experiences are scrutinized, marginalized or trivialized.
Where stars and flags are strewn about like confetti, and trolls lurk behind Nibiru waiting for Bigfoot.
It's way more fun than hanging out at Walmart.
That's why I come here. Cuz it's better than Walmart.
jacygirl



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


So you're fifty, Meh...Big deal...just another day, been there, done that. Wait a second....



Just keep being you, it's all good!




Here's to more fun days in your future!



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl
 



Originally posted by jacygirl

It's way more fun than hanging out at Walmart.
That's why I come here. Cuz it's better than Walmart.
jacygirl


Wait... are we talking "Wal Mart at noon" or "Wal Mart at two AM during the Christmas season"? Because while I agree with you about one of those... the other is definitely debatable.



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
reply to post by jude11
 


what are you doing on ats the night jude you should be getting well oiled as it is not everyday you hit the half ton .

i am going to party like a mad man in 3.4 years when i hit it


Still at work Junior...


Gonna have me some Korean BBQ tonight tho.


Peace



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by jacygirl
 



Originally posted by jacygirl

It's way more fun than hanging out at Walmart.
That's why I come here. Cuz it's better than Walmart.
jacygirl


Wait... are we talking "Wal Mart at noon" or "Wal Mart at two AM during the Christmas season"? Because while I agree with you about one of those... the other is definitely debatable.


I have to agree Heff:

People of Wal Mart



Peace



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Here Here jude11! I come because of I find kindred spirits in people such as yourself. Although we may not always agree.....most of us are here for the same reasons you so eloquently mentioned.



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 





Where else will you know within minutes that it's time to grab the BOB and get outta Dodge?


There's only one problem with that idea...

As soon as someone were to post an end of the world thread, some debunker would come along and tell everyone to calm the hell down and quit posting the doom porn threads.

Then everyone would think, "Oh yeah, forgot about the doom porn... can't take this crap seriously. Every second day on ATS is the end of the world."

And that's it.

Nobody would take it seriously, and we'd all be dead by morning.




posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
reply to post by jude11
 





Where else will you know within minutes that it's time to grab the BOB and get outta Dodge?


There's only one problem with that idea...

As soon as someone were to post an end of the world thread, some debunker would come along and tell everyone to calm the hell down and quit posting the doom porn threads.

Then everyone would think, "Oh yeah, forgot about the doom porn... can't take this crap seriously. Every second day on ATS is the end of the world."

And that's it.

Nobody would take it seriously, and we'd all be dead by morning.



Many of us are awake and aware. We can distinguish between trolls and reality.

We'll know..


Peace



posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
is there a betty ford clinic for ats users out there
.

your a mad funkie jude



posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
is there a betty ford clinic for ats users out there
.

your a mad funkie jude


I know.

I need help...Please?



Peace



posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Who know's little buddy boy.Maybe Gilligan abandoned you
edit on 22-7-2013 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


the knock will be at your door anytime now just hold on it will soon be over i am thinking of that song there coming to take you away ha he ho
of to the funny farm you go






top topics



 
17
<<   2 >>

log in

join