It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impossible! I'm of the body of Christ.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

You begin your post with a statement do you have a scripture to back up what you are stating?

It seems to be Ephesians 6:11

Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.
(2011 NIV)
and then onward through verse 18.
The author of this blog post pasted into the OP seems to be trying to rationalize that verse against his dogmatic cult belief that he cannot be anything but saved in a "permanent" sort of way.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

If that is true why does it say in Revlations that a name can be bloted out of the book of life? And if I remember correctly Moses state that names were to be bloted out of the book of the congergation too. The once saved always saved is a dagerous concept. Paul even said it was to put to shame Christ if one came to the knowledge of Christ then turned away and the turned back it was the same a crusifing Christ afresh.

Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

If that is true why does . . .
I've only seen the thread starter person answer a post once on any of his threads, and that was to do some mutual back slapping with probably one of his fellow cult members.

That's why I went ahead and tried to answer your post, since I already knew the OP was never going to, as he continues on with what I think is really pathetic behavior, which I would consider plagiaristic spamming.

I reply to this member's threads only to counter what I see as the most dangerous sort of bad pseudo-theology out there.

edit on 22-7-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I agree with you that the once saved always saved is a dangerous concept along with predestination.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

He isn't real.

It's pretty freakin' sad when this has to be pointed out. And it does have to be pointed out.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

If that is true why does it say in Revlations that a name can be bloted out of the book of life? And if I remember correctly Moses state that names were to be bloted out of the book of the congergation too. The once saved always saved is a dagerous concept. Paul even said it was to put to shame Christ if one came to the knowledge of Christ then turned away and the turned back it was the same a crusifing Christ afresh.

Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

In a religion supposedly based on peace and love and forgiveness, it's sickening to think that it's foundation is that of torturing and crucifying its leader. That is truly disgusting, savage, and written by ignorant men in an ignorant part of the world.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

That is truly disgusting, savage, and written by ignorant men in an ignorant part of the world.
It was actually a warfare tactic that the Romans would use in battle, where they would send out one of their well-liked members by himself against the enemy line, where of course he would get killed, but it would get "the blood up" in their own soldiers who would want to wreak vengeance on the opposing army.
edit on 8-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by newnature
If Satan cannot touch the body of Christ, then why did Paul instruct us to put on the armor of God, to resist the devil, to stand firm, and to be alert?

The body of Christ is what you can see, hear, taste and touch.
Satan is the one inside the head - the thoughts that deceive and tempt. No thought can touch the existence that is appearing in presence as presence.

If we are not susceptible to being wounded or trapped by Satan, why does Paul describe our relationship to the powers of darkness as a wrestling match? Those who deny the enemy’s potential for destruction are the most vulnerable to it.

Thoughts take you to places and times that do not actually exist - in the darkness of mind. Those who do not keep an eye on those thoughts that arise are most vulnerable to being deceived.

Even though our eternal destiny is secure and the armor of God is readily available, we are still vulnerable to Satan’s accusations and temptations. If we give into these, we can be influenced by Satan, and if we remain under his influence long enough, we can lose control, if we fail to stand against him. Ownership is never at stake, Satan cannot touch our new identity, but as long as we are living in this fleshly body, we can allow ourselves to be vulnerable targets to all Satan’s fiery darts. How do you think Satan carries on his worldwide ministry of evil and deception? He is a created being; he is not omnipresent, omniscient, or omnipotent. He cannot be everywhere in the world tempting and deceiving millions of people at the same moment.
Everywhere you are thought arises - thought is always appearing and tempting you - it shows you better times and places and promises you more. This moment is god given but the voice (thought/satan] distracts you and makes you deny God.
The Glory of God is right here and right now - God has given you his present - the light of consciousness is appearing now.
But Satan tells you there is better elsewhere and else when so you only see in the darkness of mind.

God’s Reconciliation of Man

Come to this moment where the body is - it is the body that has ears that can hear and eyes that can see.

Edit:
After writing this I went online and put in 'the mind is the devil' and was surprised to find this interesting page.
www.truthcontest.com...
I am going to read the whole thing - I don't know who wrote this but it seems it is a recent translation of the bible (for the open minded) and it seems to me to be spot on so far.

edit on 9-8-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join