It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impossible! I'm of the body of Christ.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If Satan cannot touch the body of Christ, then why did Paul instruct us to put on the armor of God, to resist the devil, to stand firm, and to be alert? If we are not susceptible to being wounded or trapped by Satan, why does Paul describe our relationship to the powers of darkness as a wrestling match? Those who deny the enemy’s potential for destruction are the most vulnerable to it. Even though our eternal destiny is secure and the armor of God is readily available, we are still vulnerable to Satan’s accusations and temptations. If we give into these, we can be influenced by Satan, and if we remain under his influence long enough, we can lose control, if we fail to stand against him. Ownership is never at stake, Satan cannot touch our new identity, but as long as we are living in this fleshly body, we can allow ourselves to be vulnerable targets to all Satan’s fiery darts. How do you think Satan carries on his worldwide ministry of evil and deception? He is a created being; he is not omnipresent, omniscient, or omnipotent. He cannot be everywhere in the world tempting and deceiving millions of people at the same moment. He does so through an army of emissaries “fallen angels called evil spirits” who propagate his plan of rebellion around the world. The Bible does not attempt to prove the existence of evil spirits any more than it attempts to prove the existence of God, it simply reports on their activities.

God’s Reconciliation of Man, read more about it at godsreconciliation.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Nevermind. I'm just going to see how this plays out.
edit on 21-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by newnature

. . . why did Paul instruct us to put on the armor of God . . .
That is in Ephesians, which is not believed by most biblical scholars today to have been written by Paul, but was a forgery, meaning that it was written after Paul was dead, but made to look like he had written it.

Even though our eternal destiny is secure and the armor of God is readily available, we are still vulnerable to Satan’s accusations and temptations.
These two things seem to be mutually exclusive.
I would say that the one that is wrong is the first one, which sounds like once-saved-always-saved.
My advice to the writer would be to read the Bible to see what it actually says and to forget the cult indoctrination which is blocking his seeing the truth.
Success in this life, to be acceptable to God, is not based on believing that your "eternal destiny is secure", but you need to repent from sin and ask God to give you His spirit through Christ to overcome those things that are causing you to fail.
edit on 21-7-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You know it seems God couldn't do any fighting....

Until he hatched a devious plan that would rival Obi Wan Kenobi's lasting death...

One man...One quest....One plan....

God's plan was to become a mortal and experience pain and death therefore allowing himself to serve out some righteous justice with roundhouse kicks. He became Jesus, his divine white robes soaked in the blood of mortality...struck down by his own children, he learned what pain truly was.

Strike me down and I'll become more powerful then ever!

Then he arises in unique red robes of destruction ( +10 attack ) since he owned the other pieces of the set, he was granted set bonuses and arch angel fighting abilities...

Thence he became SSJX3 God to the tenth archangel power. Now armed with the holy kamemehah of antioch, he fought back against the serpent.

Yea...this is how silly the bible is, greatest story ever told.
edit on 21-7-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

Now armed with the holy kamemehah

It's kamehameha. Never again speak of such maneuvers in my presence...you have proven you are unworthy of uttering their names.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Oh yea? Well I heard "The Bible 3" is going to be online only and feature a dollar based currency.

KAMAMEMAHEMAH! - sent from Hadouken, New Jersey.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

KAMAMEMAHEMAH! - sent from Hadouken, New Jersey.

You, sir, are a disgrace.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

How does Satan carry out his plan?

Simple: religion, every form of it.

Satan is what has kept religion in business all these years, so I wonder if he's the CEO?
edit on 21-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

He isn't real.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

why did Paul instruct us to put on the armor of God, to resist the devil, to stand firm, and to be alert?

Is this imaginary armor like in video games? Or just the ability to resist video games?
edit on 21-7-2013 by intrptr because: quote

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

If Satan cannot touch the body of Christ, then why did Paul instruct us to put on the armor of God, to resist the devil...

"Resist not evil"?

Stick to the gospels my friend

Paul didn't have a clue in my humble opinion

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Not in the red-skinned, pitch fork wielding way, no. But as a human construct, the evil side of human nature, yes "he" (it) does exist.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

How do you define evil?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

How do you define it? I'm not going to get into semantics, I can already tell that you are going to disagree with everything I say.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Paul didn't have a clue in my humble opinion
Paul didn't write Ephesians (which the OP was paraphrasing), it's a forgery which was probably ripping off 1 Thessalonians 5:8

But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.

which was written by Paul.
edit on 21-7-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

True enough...

Though most christians believe it to be authentic paul... likely why the op is using that quote

Either way, i have no use for paul or pseudo paul...

edit on 21-7-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

How do you define evil?

There is no single definition. Thats a trap. There are however evil acts. One form of evil would be murder...

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Becoming part of the body of Christ is a mystical experience.

Mystical experiences are always followed by The Dark Night of the Soul.

Just as night follows day.

Thanks for reminding me of that, OP. Sometimes it's hard to remember.

edit on 21-7-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
What are called demons are not fallen angels.This false doctrine is not in the scriptures or reality.angels are messengers.their nature is not explained whatevery they are they are notcapable of falling to be demons.that is dungeon and dragons fantasy.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by newnature
If Satan cannot touch the body of Christ, then why did Paul instruct us to put on the armor of God, to resist the devil, to stand firm, and to be alert? If we are not susceptible to being wounded or trapped by Satan, why does Paul describe our relationship to the powers of darkness as a wrestling match? Those who deny the enemy’s potential for destruction are the most vulnerable to it. Even though our eternal destiny is secure and the armor of God is readily available, we are still vulnerable to Satan’s accusations and temptations. If we give into these, we can be influenced by Satan, and if we remain under his influence long enough, we can lose control, if we fail to stand against him. Ownership is never at stake, Satan cannot touch our new identity, but as long as we are living in this fleshly body, we can allow ourselves to be vulnerable targets to all Satan’s fiery darts. How do you think Satan carries on his worldwide ministry of evil and deception? He is a created being; he is not omnipresent, omniscient, or omnipotent. He cannot be everywhere in the world tempting and deceiving millions of people at the same moment. He does so through an army of emissaries “fallen angels called evil spirits” who propagate his plan of rebellion around the world. The Bible does not attempt to prove the existence of evil spirits any more than it attempts to prove the existence of God, it simply reports on their activities.

God’s Reconciliation of Man, read more about it at godsreconciliation.blogspot.com...

Where did you get this concept that the body of Christ is untouchable? You begin your post with a statment do you have a scripture to back up what you are stating?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join