It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the difference between Extra - Dimensionals and Extra -Terrestrials?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Sup folks, I have been wondering about this for the past week now, and have been noticing that alot of people like to separate these two into their own individual categories. Now some folk would say E.D's are utter gods compared to E.T's due to their origins being on the other side of the quantum universe. The very definition/or perception of an E.D to our view is utterly ghostly, when I believe that E.T's given their economic status of their civilizations(Type 1 - Type 3) are very capable of performing similar feats.

Now the definition of E.T is that it pretty much just like us, they need air, food, and liquids to keep their bodies healthy, and are pretty much in our carbon based neighbor hood. While E.D's are pretty much to be beings of light(or energy), in other words. That they can go through walls, predict things that can happen, disappear and reappear, or another example of what they are capable of is talking to the dead in purgatory, that they are nether dead or alive. That they were around before the existence our string of time, will out live the end of it.

Now my comparison to E.t's to that of E.d's is rather, well rather technological. Take for example, an E.ts race(or better yet the human race) has just started taking it first step into traveling space. And that we have discovered that going faster then light was much easier then anticipated, or hell we don't even need to go faster then light, we just bring our destination to us really. You know, using worm holes, to jump the boundary of space time theories? Wouldn't such a feat make the human race E.D right then?

Due to our ability to somehow pierce that barrier that keeps our world in balance with the quantum mechanics of this universe? I'm pretty sure that such a feat would make us E.D, albeit it would be such a small footstep.

Not only that, let say type 2 or 3 civilization, have the know how to push the envelope further, that they could have machines that interact with reality it self. Performing similar feats to the mythological uber powered E.D I had stated earlier. Walking through walls, perceiving time, etc.. Would they not be E.T's then, just capable of E.D feats?

Also I see a lot of people like to believe that the E.D are pretty much on the other side of that thin layer, we call reality, and that they are on a parallel earth, or time. If so, could they be our future descendants, that are pretty much part of some quantum intergalactic peace treaty that if ignored, they pretty much doomed themselves? Or are they time police, monitoring aeons of time periods cause some one tried F-in with that whole space time continuum, and God said "U Idiots", your going to have to fix it?

Who knows? But the overall statement of my thread, is whats the difference between these two titans of universal status. I wouldn't mind hearing opinion or observations, and it might be difficult for me to respond for the next little bit.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
There is a concept in philosophy called Dualism which states that the mind and brain are not the same thing. In spiritual terms this translates into the belief that we are spiritual beings attached to human bodies. When the body dies the spirit continues on. Now, if this is true of human beings it is also likely to be true of alien beings: They may be spirits attached to humanoid bodies just as human beings seem to be.

This idea of Cartesian Dualism would explain many of the strange things about aliens; they seem like solid biological bodies sometimes and other times they seem like spirits. In human affairs certain adepts are said to be able to leave down their bodies and travel in extra dimensions/the spiritual world. It has been suggested that aliens have mastered this technique. So they may be ET and ED. We humans seem to be T and ED!
edit on 21-7-2013 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
In my opinion, if the "visitors" have mastered faster than light travel, then slipping through theoretical dimensions would probably be easy. Maybe it is time now to combine the meanings into one umbrella term. I believe what ever it is we see in our sky is something our brains have not evolved far enough or are simply not "wired" to understand.

That would explain why, after all the countless hours of research and testimony, we still can not prove extra terrestrial or extra dimensional entities even truly exist.

Very interesting thread Op, thank you for sharing your thoughts. S&F

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EnPassant

Yin and Yang Ideology. A never ending cycle of forces, that push and pull. Matter and energy. Protons, and Electrons. I love mythology sometimes. Sorry, just wandering.
edit on 21-7-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Who knows, for hundred of years, we could't understand how the heavens looked like and the earth was the centre, but we know now. There is no up and down, or left and right in space. Thank you for the comment.
edit on 21-7-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If the phenomenon represents a conscious intelligence apart from our own, then the terms ET & ED or ID might very well, as you suggest, be a moot point.

However, trying to define such a difference, should one exist, might enable us to ask better questions about the nature of such intelligences and suggest future direction on how we might gather some evidence of proof.

You're a great addition here, Specimen. See ya' around.

edit on 21-7-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

Those terms are not mutually exclusive. Something can come from "off the Earth" (extra-terrestrial), and still come from another dimension.. Now there are 2 types of extra dimensional.

One is something that has a body like us in 4D like us, but then uses some technology to transfer matter into something like light, which then "warps" (moves through) higher dimensions then popping back out into matter and 4D..

the second type would be something like a god or demon that has no physical body and fully resides in higher dimensions (something like mind or the ether)...

Personally I call dreaming moving through dimensions and so I am an extra dimensional entity.

Let's not get dimensions (measurements of reality) get mixed up with parallel worlds.. These are two different concepts. Everything that exists would exist in all dimensions since that's just a way of measuring reality. Parallel worlds would be separated from the very source some 11-12 dimensions up..

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
My eyes see color spectrum only. One gazillionth of "known" spectrums out there. Like trying to describe a dark room while blindfolded.

But hey, I have seen both spirits and an "unidentified". Now that makes me crazy, right?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Good question - and no one in all honesty can say for sure.

What the new age literature says is that there is a continuum between dense matter and pure energy.
Remember E=MC2 (squared) equates matter and energy and speed.
The contention is that matter vibrating at a higher frequency than what we are used to in the Earth plane
will approach that state which is more energy (spirit) and less matter, and as the frequency rises, the
visibility of the material manifestation of that energy becomes less and less visible to our senses.
This would explain dimensions that are side-by-side with us but invisible. There may even be planes
or dimensions that are denser than Earth too, but again we would not be able to sense them.

The Extraterrestrial hypothesis is something different - as defined by the words themselves, it means
outside of the Earth. Away from the Earth.

Of course BOTH extraterrestrial AND inter-dimensional might occur at the same time.
A light-being on Mars vibrating at a higher frequency would be both inter-dimensional and
extra-terrestrial. A visible martian, on the other had, would be simply extra-terrestrial.

My 2-cents.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
My eyes see color spectrum only. One gazillionth of "known" spectrums out there. Like trying to describe a dark room while blindfolded.

But hey, I have seen both spirits and an "unidentified". Now that makes me crazy, right?

Welcome to the club. We even got a theme song.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
A question oft asked, but seldom answered in any meaningful way is: If we are dealing with Extraterrestrial lifeforms visiting our planet, then why are there so many differing descriptions of craft? Often from observers of the same incident.

I mean we talk and hear reports of the basic "saucer" which remains pretty consistent at times I agree, then again the "modern" UFO age started, allegedly, with Kenneth Arnold's sighting of basically delta-shaped craft misidentified as "saucer-shaped."

What Vallee, Keel, and others suggest is that the reports throughout recorded history remain much the same...only the "identity" of these elusive intelligences seem to change.

At the turn of the century they were "flying ships" replete with descriptions of, basically, sea-going ships but flying in the air. Then, once science, technology, and sci-fi start to cross paths...we have spacemen.

I don't profess to have the answer, but I do suggest the questions and items listed above are worthy of consideration.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

At the turn of the century they were "flying ships" replete with descriptions of, basically, sea-going ships but flying in the air. Then, once science, technology, and sci-fi start to cross paths...we have spacemen.

Maybe they saw what they wanted to see. Reports of "wheels" in the sky kind of look like chariot wheels or water wheels because it was the only thing from their time they could compare it to. Theres descriptions of "Pilllars of fire" (rockets) and sound of "many waters" or "many chariots" (rocket engines).

"Space men" were unknown to them. If I saw "those who came down", I may not have known where they come from, only that I saw them "coming down".

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Thanks for the tune. Fit my mood crazy perfect.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Maybe they saw what they wanted to see. Reports of "wheels" in the sky kind of look like chariot wheels or water wheels because it was the only thing from their time they could compare it to. Theres descriptions of "Pilllars of fire" (rockets) and sound of "many waters" or "many chariots" (rocket engines).

"Space men" were unknown to them. If I saw "those who came down", I may not have known where they come from, only that I saw them "coming down".

I hear that explanation a lot and I respect your opinion, intrptr, but it falls somewhat flat with me. The reason being is that most of the ancient accounts weren't from a time when the forging of metals and stupendous building and architecture weren't known.

If a witness, familiar with a sword, say, saw a metal nuts and bolt craft--especially one as simple in construction as the typical saucer--I'm pretty sure that at least some of them would deduce that what they were seeing was "crafted."

But that wasn't my point: What about the wide-variety of craft we have reported in modern times?

It's hard to get around the observation that the phenomenon itself seems--both literally and figuratively--malleable.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

If a witness, familiar with a sword, say, saw a metal nuts and bolt craft--especially one as simple in construction as the typical saucer--I'm pretty sure that at least some of them would deduce that what they were seeing was "crafted."

Okay on that. What does a "chariot" of fire look like?

But that wasn't my point: What about the wide-variety of craft we have reported in modern times?

I can only surmise that like us they have many different types of craft that are mission specific.

Plus a bit of embellishment on the part of untrained observers who are doing their best to interpret what they have no frame of reference for (even today).

For instance, how does any "thing" defy gravity or inertia?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

...For instance, how does any "thing" defy gravity or inertia?

The apple "floats" rather than falls upon Newton's--or King Tut's for that matter--head? If I understand you correctly...

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Aren't they kind of the same? After all, if humans can astral travel, why not advanced beings? Think of it as the internet of the universe...why travel so far when you can go without your physical body in order to observe or communicate with other beings?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

reply to post by The GUT

Taken as a whole, the wheels in the encounter here were the least and simplest part of the experience. Nothing in the whole of UFO lore even comes close to what happened here.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

...For instance, how does any "thing" defy gravity or inertia?

The apple "floats" rather than falls upon Newton's--or King Tut's for that matter--head?

What I saw wasn't a floating apple. It made an abrupt change of direction at impossible speed. I couldn't describe the 'object' because it was only apparent as a totally silent Extremely vivid blue sometimes orange or red light. From my perspective it was eye level across a valley. With witnesses.

For what its worth.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This might be an inappropriate analogy but I'll try anyway.

No matter how many times you explain the rules of poker to a pig; you will never get the pig to sit down for a friendly game of holdem or deuces wild.

Whatever the phenomenon we are witnessing; we are the pigs and will never be able to understand it. Our arrogance tells us that given enough information we could understand it but all we can really see with our primitive 5 senses and our crude intellect is the barnyard and the food buckets.

It's gonna take awhile before the cosmos makes any sense to us.

Please pass the pork chops por favor....
edit on 21-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join