It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

NY food stamp recipients are shipping welfare-funded groceries to relatives in Jamaica, Dominican Re

page: 9
32
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by undo
 


If we keep giving more and more to those on welfare, then what incentive will they have to better their own lives? Cause its obvious that self-pride isn't one in many cases...



you misread. we demand the gov quit spending our tax dollars on world domination and instead spend them on the poor in our country. no new taxes are needed because we already give plenty to make every man woman and child in this country, blissfully comfortable for life. if everyone's tune changed from blaming each other and put the ownus where it belongs -- on the gov, things would change in a hurry.




posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by undo
 


I don't know about that, taking into consideration that recent statistics shows that about 49% of the population is on some kind of social dependency from the government. I don't think that the rest of the income earners and tax payers can hold any longer the burden of the welfare system and growing, when soon millions more will be able to call themselves Americans and collect welfare with amnesty.



posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by undo
 


I don't know about that, taking into consideration that recent statistics shows that about 49% of the population is on some kind of social dependency from the government. I don't think that the rest of the income earners and tax payers can hold any longer the burden of the welfare system and growing, when soon millions more will be able to call themselves Americans and collect welfare with amnesty.



what's the budget for world domination? (i don't mean the normal military budget, cause we need to have a military) i mean, what's the budget for war.



posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by undo
 


I know what you mean Undo but remember we need jobs, more jobs and that is what the government seems not to be delivering this days after all the promises, welfare was mean to be help during a transitional stage until the person will find a job, but now is becoming a way of life.



posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
people probably don't realize this but there are over 300 different 3 letter agencies in the usa. we pay for that out of our own pockets. what's the budget for that? why do we need 300+ of them? where's our industrial infrastructure? where's our job market? they are using it as bargaining chips for world domination instead of helping our poor and needy, they are actually making new poor and needy in the process. both sides of the political field should start demanding they stop that nonsense, and fix the crap they screwed up.
edit on 22-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by KnowledgeSeeker81
reply to post by GrantedBail
 


Actually quite to the contrary I am one that can speak volumes on this. Currently I am starting my own business, as a direct competitor to a nation-wide large company. I'm doing this on a fast-food managers salary. I'm taking business from this large company, soon I will start employing people myself. Why? Because I am giving everything to this.

I also have been near homeless, and myself applied for government benefits years ago. I got approved the same week I got a job, yea a fast-food mcdonalds type job. I bought myself one weeks worth of groceries, called the welfare department and told them I'm employed now and don't need help. I stuck with my crappy job and was the best and most motivated employee I could be. My crappy fast-food job promoted me.

Now years later through hard work and dedication I am becoming my own boss. The entire time I was struggling, I was paying for others struggling who didn't try. I had/have the determination to SURVIVE in general, and the yearn to always pursue greater things. It's not my fault nor burden to support those not willing to try.


And, if your hard work and wise decisions make you successful, you will transform into the "evil, underserving, selfish, exploitive, wealthy."

You have no idea who I am or the kind of person I am, or what success will or will not make me. Think about that before passing premature judgement.



posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I'll ask again, to everyone that thinks its ok, do you think their claims for government assistance would be approved if they told their intent when applying. Hey I don't really need food stamps, but you know, my family back home is hungry, can I have some for them?

I'm not against charity or helping the hungry what so ever, I'm just against doing it illegally. If people want to help their families back home, do like several Mexicans I have met in my work history do, get a job and send them money. That's perfectly fine and even honorable, but don't commit a crime when there are ways to circumvent that and achieve the same results.



posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
What an unchristian, disgusting and disappointing thread, except for the rare sanity and empathy injected by a few good people.

You know what else is illegal to do with food stamps? Cooperative kitchens. Yeah, that's right. It's against the law to use foodstamps to go in with your sister's family and/or your church friend's family to go to Costco and buy in bulk and/or use that food to cook multifamily meals, and/or divide the food up for consumption of more than one family! NO SOCIALISM ALLOWED!

Health departments around the USA are trashing privately own farms, killing animal, destroying milk and cheese, forcing neighborhoods to destroy gardens, all in the name of health. NO RAW MILK FOR YOU!!!

UPDATED: Nevada Health Dept Raids Private Organic Picnic: Cited "Food a Biohazard"


A private picnic was raided. Veggies grown on an organic farm and organic meat certified in Utah, had to be thrown away and covered with bleach to prevent it from being fed to pigs.


Mayor Bloomberg is disallowing food donations to the homeless shelters because there might be too much salt or fat content!? NO BAGELS FOR THE HOMELESS!

I'm all for civil disobedience in these cases, including the one the OP's so upset about.

Really!? You guys really need to wake up.



posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnowledgeSeeker81
I'll ask again, to everyone that thinks its ok, do you think their claims for government assistance would be approved if they told their intent when applying. Hey I don't really need food stamps, but you know, my family back home is hungry, can I have some for them?

I'm not against charity or helping the hungry what so ever, I'm just against doing it illegally. If people want to help their families back home, do like several Mexicans I have met in my work history do, get a job and send them money. That's perfectly fine and even honorable, but don't commit a crime when there are ways to circumvent that and achieve the same results.


who does this country belong to ? the politicians or the people? if the people, then why is it okay for our politicians to give our stuff away to foreign countries but it's not okay if our people do? who said so? if you're okay with the gov giving your tax dollars to other countries, and you believe this nation belongs to the people, then i have to wonder where the disconnection comes in your train of thought? there's a hopping off point there somewhere.



posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
let me clarify what i mean:
i do not think it a good thing that people are breaking the law in order to help family members in foreign countries. but i don't see this as the actual underlying issue on the topic. the real problem is that the more poor we create the more taxes we have to pay to sustain them and the more we have to pay to sustain them the less we can create infrastructure and jobs for them to be benefit from and the less we have for them to benefit from, the more they suffer and downward it spirals into misery and suffering.

we need to lift each other out of the morass, not by blame gaming, but by insisting the government behave itself. blaming poor people for helping other poor people is not the right focus.
edit on 22-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnowledgeSeeker81

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by KnowledgeSeeker81
reply to post by GrantedBail
 


Actually quite to the contrary I am one that can speak volumes on this. Currently I am starting my own business, as a direct competitor to a nation-wide large company. I'm doing this on a fast-food managers salary. I'm taking business from this large company, soon I will start employing people myself. Why? Because I am giving everything to this.

I also have been near homeless, and myself applied for government benefits years ago. I got approved the same week I got a job, yea a fast-food mcdonalds type job. I bought myself one weeks worth of groceries, called the welfare department and told them I'm employed now and don't need help. I stuck with my crappy job and was the best and most motivated employee I could be. My crappy fast-food job promoted me.

Now years later through hard work and dedication I am becoming my own boss. The entire time I was struggling, I was paying for others struggling who didn't try. I had/have the determination to SURVIVE in general, and the yearn to always pursue greater things. It's not my fault nor burden to support those not willing to try.


And, if your hard work and wise decisions make you successful, you will transform into the "evil, underserving, selfish, exploitive, wealthy."

You have no idea who I am or the kind of person I am, or what success will or will not make me. Think about that before passing premature judgement.


True, he doesn't. But he wasn't making a judgment on your character. He was merely pointing out how the left will portray you for having the audacity to be successful.



posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by windword
 



What an unchristian, disgusting and disappointing thread, except for the rare sanity and empathy injected by a few good people.


Bullocks. People here have consistently stated that people who are in genuine need who are applying for help should be helped. Our problem is with those committing fraud. Christ never advocated fraud in fact there are commandments to not steal and to not lie, which fraud entails.



posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by undo
 


Way to side-step the question I asked, so I'll respond in fashion. Are politicians not people? Are they not voted in to power by people like you and I? Does this blatant abuse of a system not buy them votes to keep them in power? Would you change that if you could? You CAN, oppose misuse of government sanctioned programs.

I am all for foreign aid. I and most in this country have it better than many people around the world. I have NO problem with my tax dollars being used for that purpose. It is intent and for a great cause. However, individuals taking it upon themselves to fraudulently use my tax dollars for the same purpose is not ok. I'm being double taxed at that point, and it is theft and fraud.

There are perfectly legal ways and methods to help those in need, most require hard work though. If an individual is not willing to help others through honesty, hard work, and good nature, they certainly should not do so at another persons expense. That is exactly what this is. The person sending food-stamp food is a hero to some, but a criminal to all.

* Noticed your second post, thank you. That is what everyone who is against this is basically saying. Allowing this to happen keeps those officials we don't want in power in power. They will receive votes as long as the handouts are ready and able.
edit on 22-7-2013 by KnowledgeSeeker81 because: slow poster hehe



posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KnowledgeSeeker81
 


my point is, it's a matter of the heart. you are not double taxed. you are taxed once, they give the excess to their family members. where the bulk of your taxes go is to world domination.



posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by KnowledgeSeeker81
 


my point is, it's a matter of the heart. you are not double taxed. you are taxed once, they give the excess to their family members. where the bulk of your taxes go is to world domination.



Like I said, I'm all for helping those in need. False claims of welfare and aid can and do indeed raise my taxes. When a budget surplus is met, more is needed, hence tax hikes. If part of my taxes go to foreign aid, and then part of my taxes go to American aid, but the American aid I pay get shipped out, then indeed I am double taxed.



posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
government organizations have quotas and allotments. they know from experience that if they don't maintain the appearance of needing a thing even when they don't, that they will lose their allotment size and may have to fight tooth and nail to get it back again in the event it was seriously needed. so everything is planning for down the road, the next year, the next decade,etc. this is particularly worrisome where the poor are concerned.

they have people so busy worrying about the poor and welfare programs, they have distracted you from the kajillions of dollars they give to foreign nations and spend on foreign wars, including using our infrastructure to muscle their way into foreign nations. don't be distracted. use your heart not your wallet.



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
government organizations have quotas and allotments. they know from experience that if they don't maintain the appearance of needing a thing even when they don't, that they will lose their allotment size and may have to fight tooth and nail to get it back again in the event it was seriously needed. so everything is planning for down the road, the next year, the next decade,etc. this is particularly worrisome where the poor are concerned.

they have people so busy worrying about the poor and welfare programs, they have distracted you from the kajillions of dollars they give to foreign nations and spend on foreign wars, including using our infrastructure to muscle their way into foreign nations. don't be distracted. use your heart not your wallet.




Hate to be a broken record, but again premature judgement. I am very aware, and very against this. You may think something like the op's topic is small potatoes on the bigger picture, but there are so many of these instances. One small potato isn't much, but lots of them will eventually equal a sack of potatoes.

These things BUY votes, keeping the people with bigger agendas in power through "democracy". Have you ever heard someone say "Ivoted for Obama because he won't take my benefits", I have.
edit on 23-7-2013 by KnowledgeSeeker81 because: clarification



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KnowledgeSeeker81
 


well see there's the issue.
your money is worth the same it was, spending wise, in 1959 or thereabouts. your buying power hasn't improved, in fact, it's degraded significantly.
this effects the poor even moreso than it does those who manage to keep their heads above water, who did so by not only going the extra mile to get a good job, but by being fortunate enough to still have a place to work after the market crashed the last time.

so rather than having all of us looking at them asking WHAT THE FLIP ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING? they have us blaming each other and the poor. this is not a good way to solve the problem. it just redirects it to those least able to defend themselves.
edit on 23-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


If you have a group of say 10 Haitian/American family's in New York, pooling their legally attained food stamps and buying food in bulk, which is illegal, and they find that they actually have a surplus of food, so that they can send bags of rice and beans to Jamaica, that is civil disobedience, not fraud.



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by KnowledgeSeeker81
 


well see there's the issue.
your money is worth the same it was, spending wise, in 1959 or thereabouts. your buying power hasn't improved, in fact, it's degraded significantly.
this effects the poor even moreso than it does those who manage to keep their heads above water, who did so by not only going the extra mile to get a good job, but by being fortunate enough to still have a place to work after the market crashed the last time.

so rather than having all of us looking at them asking WHAT THE FLIP ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING? they have us blaming each other and the poor. this is not a good way to solve the problem. it just redirects it to those least able to defend themselves.
edit on 23-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)


I get your point, I really do. But not doing or saying anything about this kind of stuff lets it get swept under the rug. We are a majority ruled country. When the majority feels something like this is ok and doesn't stand up for it being wrong, those politicians you mentioned win. They may not get your vote now, and they probably wouldn't have in the 1st place, so really what did your vote matter? They did, however, keep a large number of votes by allowing their fraudulent programs and keeping people happy. People WILL vote for those that give them free stuff, especially when it's just extra free money to them. That is the real underlying issue here, and people need to realize that.



new topics

top topics



 
32
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join