It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY food stamp recipients are shipping welfare-funded groceries to relatives in Jamaica, Dominican Re

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I asked you pointed questions. They were devoid of any religious references.

Not really made more statements than anything else that were filled with nothing but DOGMA.

. I am still waiting for your response.

Must have mistaken my opinions were ever up for debate they aren't.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

It is people who are sending the food...and once again, the far right finds it vile when the poor get fed.

Absurdly stupid. We don't have a problem with the people who are starving, we have a problem with people scamming the system and committing fraud. If a person desperately needs assistance that should be provided. People who are receiving food aid and they don't consume that food yet send it overseas is fraud. If they aren't using the food to sustain themselves then that is clear evidence that they do not need that food to survive.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The US Government isn't sending the food?

Sure is they are sending aid to the tune of half a billion dollars for those who did not bother to read the article.

Maybe people should actually read the op ?

The United States spent $522.7 million on foreign aid to the Caribbean last fiscal year, government data show.

It is people who are sending the food...and once again, the far right finds it vile when the poor and starving get fed.

Nice political trolling there

It is people who are on US government assistance that is suppose to feed themselves who are committing fraud.

Rather hilarious comment to make after all the Us is the FATTEST nation in the world so who is starving?
edit on 22-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You guys pick and choose your verses to justify your abhorrent behavior. You make me sick to my stomach. So self-righteous. So above anyone who doesn't see things the way you do according to your selective scripture.

If you didn't piss me off so much, I would feel sorry for you.
edit on 22-7-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

You brought scripture up lady, not me. And you missed the principle, that a person should work and not freeload off others if they are healthy enough to work. The greatest motivating tool to get a man to work is a hungry stomach. The Bible is consistent that God hates laziness. Now, if the person is sick or crippled that's one thing, but able bodied people need to work.

And I don't need you to feel sorry for me, nor do I need you to support me. I'm not running for office, I don't need the votes.

edit on 22-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by Kali74
Once it is their money, it's none of your business. If they choose to eat less so they can send their family that barely eats at all, food... it's none of your business.

Prov. 19:17 When you help the poor you are lending to the Lord--and he pays wonderful interest on your loan!

If only the far-right read the bible once in a while.

First of all, I agree. Where is the separation of church and state? Should I as an agnostic be ruled by Biblical principles?

Secondly, the Bible is full of encouraging charity and most "right wingers" support charity quite often. Where, Oh where, in the Bible does it say to take from one man to give to another? Where does it say to perform charity by force? Where does it say to be charitable using someone else's goods?

Read the Bible indeed.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Not much really to debate here. Feeding the hungry is OK with me and most Christians I know....I am thankful I don't carry such hate in my heart that I freak out when some person decides to send food to Haiti and other impovershed places. Hope you find what you need some day Neo.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Not much really to debate here. Feeding the hungry is OK with me and most Christians I know....I am thankful I don't carry such hate in my heart that I freak out when some person decides to send food to Haiti and other impovershed places. Hope you find what you need some day Neo.

No one would care if they did this on their own dime, that's the difference here. But if they receive welfare benefits under false pretenses that is fraud. You're pushing an appeal to emotion fallacy to justify welfare fraud. How honorable of you.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
Where, Oh where, in the Bible does it say to take from one man to give to another?

Where does it condemn one man GIVING to another in need?

They are sending thier own food....because someone needed it more.

You can throw a fit that SOME of those people purchased that food with food-stamps...but they made those purchases and made the decision to go without so someone more in need would not.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Not much really to debate here

True which is why I have no clue why so much trolling has went on in this thread

As the initial post that clearly said:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Direct quotation:

If you need help fine, but to people and their families HERE.

Then later :

This post

Don't need anyone looking down on me because they can't read further more don't need anyone's empathy,compassion, or pity don't need it nor want it.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
You're pushing an appeal to emotion fallacy to justify welfare fraud. How honorable of you.

And you, under the pretense of conservatism, are pushing Big Government that demands proof that those in need actually consume that food rather than send it to family that might be in greater need. How you of you.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Nothing wrong with sending food to Haiti. I've done it myself. I just use my own money to buy it, not someone else's. Charity is easy when you use someone else's money.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

If you need help fine, but to people and their families HERE.

I guess we simply differ in our thinking. I do not believe acts of charity or morality should be dependant on citizenship, and can't find it in my heart to fevershly condemn anyone feeding the starving.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
Where, Oh where, in the Bible does it say to take from one man to give to another?

Where does it condemn one man GIVING to another in need?

They are sending thier own food....because someone needed it more.

You can throw a fit that SOME of those people purchased that food with food-stamps...but they made those purchases and made the decision to go without so someone more in need would not.

They are not sending their own food. They went to someone else and claimed that they needed the food and could not take care of themselves without assistance...which would be an obvious lie if they sent it to someone else.

The Bible does not condemn people for giving to another, the Bible condemns THEFT, a type of which is acquiring goods through false pretenses.

You can throw a fit all you want about it being "their" choice, but they did not earn the food stamps, they were given to them because they said they could not feed themselves and so they were given to them to support them. When they send the food or other good, paid for by taxpayers with the intent of taking care a fellow citizen, they are being dishonest and, given how common this practice is, intentionally so.

The issue is not sending food, the issue is defrauding a program in an already stretched fiscal situation.
edit on 22-7-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Yep because Robbing Peter to Pay Paul is about as ridiculous as it gets:

Meaning To take from one merely to give to another; to discharge one debt by incurring another.

www.phrases.org.uk...

Straight up if a person can't take care of themselves how the hell do they expect to 'take care of anyone else'.

Which has lead us to a system where more people are getting more out of a system than they return to it that someone else who is need get's the same kind of help.

edit on 22-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
You're pushing an appeal to emotion fallacy to justify welfare fraud. How honorable of you.

And you, under the pretense of conservatism, are pushing Big Government that demands proof that those in need actually consume that food rather than send it to family that might be in greater need. How you of you.

Actually, I'm pushing Federalism and asking why is the Federal government even doing welfare in the first place since it's not one of it's enumerated powers granted under the Constitution.

Nice try at a red herring by the way, you didn't challenge what I said previously about you trying to justify welfare fraud by appealing to emotion.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Again folks...call it whatever you want, but from where I sit, far-right conservatives throwing fits about hungry children being fed...is exactly what it appears to be.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Again folks...call it whatever you want, but from where I sit, far-right conservatives throwing fits about hungry children being fed...is exactly what it appears to be.

Now you're straw manning. No one is complaining about that. Show a post where someone threw a fit that a child is being fed. Quit being a troll.
edit on 22-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Have they considered spending their own money and not buying IPhones and all the other luxury items that I see the Welfare class using on a constant basis?

For the fools that say its ok, consider that Grandma and Grandpa have to get by on far less than the average inner city baby factory gets in benefits so they really are screwing Americans out of their benefits.

If they really needed it they would not be sending it away.

link   
reply to post by neo96

Have they considered spending their own money and not buying IPhones and all the other luxury items that I see the Welfare class using on a constant basis?

For the fools that say its ok, consider that Grandma and Grandpa have to get by on far less than the average inner city baby factory gets in benefits so they really are screwing Americans out of their benefits.

link   
reply to post by neo96

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join