It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY food stamp recipients are shipping welfare-funded groceries to relatives in Jamaica, Dominican Re

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

What was it that your book you all profess to follow says about the poor:

"For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, If any will not work, neither let him eat."

2 Thesselonians 3:10

We should require something of the poor if and only if they are physically capable. Picking up trash perhaps.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by zero1020

The Earth has the capacity to feed around 12 billion at current estimates.

Yes it does and when I see mile after mile of crops used for fuel it makes me crazy.

You realize we have pulled the plug on the Ethanol program? The government stopped funding it when they realized how much it raised the cost of food and hurt people in poor countries.

They did?

when did that happen?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Once it is their money, it's none of your business. If they choose to eat less so they can send their family that barely eats at all, food... it's none of your business.

I disagree. It is not their money and they are getting other people's money under false pretenses. If one has to survive on the largess of someone else, then the people funding them have every right to seek accountability how their money is spent.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMagus

Once it is their money, it's none of your business. If they choose to eat less so they can send their family that barely eats at all, food... it's none of your business.

Originally posted by jude11

A decision to feed family is a no-brainer.

Peace

quoted 4 truth [and both posts should have more stars ]

funny how the tax slaves keep on insisting that it's "their money".
after they've handed it over to the gangsters for "Protection" *COUGH* I mean, paid their taxes.

to the grasping "my money" crowd :
Don't like it?
grow a pair and STOP paying taxes then.

simples.

of course, when these "folk" speak of freedom it's freedom to oppress and exploit those beneath them

Nonsense. Taxes are taken from one at the barrel of a gun. Those who vote to sanction theft from their fellow man are the real exploiters.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by zero1020

The Earth has the capacity to feed around 12 billion at current estimates.

Yes it does and when I see mile after mile of crops used for fuel it makes me crazy.

You realize we have pulled the plug on the Ethanol program? The government stopped funding it when they realized how much it raised the cost of food and hurt people in poor countries.

They did?

when did that happen?

July 2011.

2nd

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

I disagree. It is not their money and they are getting other people's money under false pretenses. If one has to survive on the largess of someone else, then the people funding them have every right to seek accountability how their money is spent.

Call it what it is. Receiving benefits under false pretenses is FRAUD.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Yeah screw another human being, let them die, i'm more interested and support giving money to CEO of private corporation as their yearly bonus, they are our future, they will eventually think about give us a job.

We must file a compliant, Less food for starving people, more money for CEOs!

some people make me sick! one day the world should just switch! all the suffering people should be able to live in a home and a rape free society, while all the snobs should get sent to a place where they have to fear rape and kill daily.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnowledgeSeeker81

Actually quite to the contrary I am one that can speak volumes on this. Currently I am starting my own business, as a direct competitor to a nation-wide large company. I'm doing this on a fast-food managers salary. I'm taking business from this large company, soon I will start employing people myself. Why? Because I am giving everything to this.

I also have been near homeless, and myself applied for government benefits years ago. I got approved the same week I got a job, yea a fast-food mcdonalds type job. I bought myself one weeks worth of groceries, called the welfare department and told them I'm employed now and don't need help. I stuck with my crappy job and was the best and most motivated employee I could be. My crappy fast-food job promoted me.

Now years later through hard work and dedication I am becoming my own boss. The entire time I was struggling, I was paying for others struggling who didn't try. I had/have the determination to SURVIVE in general, and the yearn to always pursue greater things. It's not my fault nor burden to support those not willing to try.

And, if your hard work and wise decisions make you successful, you will transform into the "evil, underserving, selfish, exploitive, wealthy."

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Yeah screw another human being, let them die, i'm more interested and support giving money to CEO of private corporation as their yearly bonus, they are our future, they will eventually think about give us a job.

We must file a compliant, Less food for starving people, more money for CEOs!

some people make me sick! one day the world should just switch! all the suffering people should be able to live in a home and a rape free society, while all the snobs should get sent to a place where they have to fear rape and kill daily.

Of course they should be able to live in a rape free society--and they would too, if the members of their community would not rape people.

Send all of the businessmen, bankers, and lawyers to the ghetto and it will stop being a ghetto.
Send all of the thugs and criminals to the country club neighborhood and they will still be thugs and criminals.

People decide for themselves how they want to act and no one is to blame more than themselves.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You guys pick and choose your verses to justify your abhorrent behavior. You make me sick to my stomach. So self-righteous. So above anyone who doesn't see things the way you do according to your selective scripture.

If you didn't piss me off so much, I would feel sorry for you.
edit on 22-7-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Taxes are part of living in a civil society. Who pays for your roads and street lights?? Who pays for your calls to 911? Who keeps the "beaners" out of your neighborhood?? Who lets you send your kid to school while you go make a living?? Who makes sure that your medicines and food is safe??

You don't want to pay taxes? Feel like you are under the gun? Go live off the freakin grid.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by NavyDoc

Taxes are part of living in a civil society. Who pays for your roads and street lights?? Who pays for your calls to 911? Who keeps the "beaners" out of your neighborhood?? Who lets you send your kid to school while you go make a living?? Who makes sure that your medicines and food is safe??

You don't want to pay taxes. Feel like you are under the gun. Go live off the freakin grid.

Firstly, don't pull the racist crap with your "beaners" comment. Why is racism first place leftists always go?

Secondly taxes are perfectly reasonable for the fulfillment of the enumerated powers of government.

However, paying taxes for things I use, such as roads, are not the same as using the coercive power of government to take from one person to give for another to buy vote...which is what we really are talking about once we get down to it.

We all use the roads, we all pay gasoline taxes to keep them up. Fair enough. Using force to take money from the guy who earned it and give it to the guy who didn't is simply state sanctioned theft and politicians love it because they know that they people they redistribute to then will keep them in power. They've been bought, plain and simple.
edit on 22-7-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Who pays for your roads and street lights?? Who pays for your calls to 911? Who keeps the "beaners" out of your neighborhood?? Who lets you send your kid to school while you go make a living??

Property taxes, then by other people living in other states who will never use those roads, or those street lights, and that 9-11 call service, or that 'school'.

Who makes sure that your medicines and food is safe?

Government that gives big pharma, and big agriculture billions in subsides, via foodstamps,, and China.

And No I will not stop linking WSJ.

And How bout some separation of church and State here eh?
edit on 22-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Your property taxes pay for your state services. Federal taxes pay for bullcrap that you don't get. Like blowing up brown people in far away lands. Like regulation and to make sure your food and medicines are safe. I never said that the system wasn't rotten to the core. But that has nothing to do with the young, illl and infirm that as a civilized society we are responsible for protecting.

Why don't you people bitch about corporate welfare and the revolving door of folks that go from government to industry and then back???

No, you people are sucked in by right=wing media outlets that are funded by the same people that are screwing you. They want you to focus on the rest of what is tied down so they can swoop up like vultures and collect it.

And on freaking edit: Do you not get who funds the rag that is the Wall St Journal?? It is your slave masters. It is a wholesale propaganda outlet funded by the likes of those that mean you harm. Back away from the ether.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Are they (the senders) making a profit or are they actually helping out someone in a worse position.

Not saying its right but its hard to be too mad about a small misuse of a 86 billion dollar budget when USA gdp is 15 trillion - when people are being helped.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Prov. 19:17 When you help the poor you are lending to the Lord--and he pays wonderful interest on your loan!

If only the far-right read the bible once in a while.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I find it absolutely hilarious with the religious quotes in this thread to justify Government actions.

To repeat:

Where is that 'separation of church and state' at now eh? to justify draconianism.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

or pick and chose what portions actually apply. Their slave-masters tell them that. Forget about the teachings of Jesus, just place a freakin cross on your avatar, that absolves you from any responsibility to those verses your advisers would have you ignore.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I never brought up religion to excuse my anti=social behavior but others did.

I asked you pointed questions. They were devoid of any religious references. I am still waiting for your response.

However, these Christian Fundamentalists and Right Wing Dupes have very much in common. You people are in the same voting bloc. Listen to the same kind of propaganda. You are so far removed from thinking for yourself that it is sad. How you have been conned.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I find it absolutely hilarious with the religious quotes in this thread to justify Government actions.

To repeat:

Where is that 'separation of church and state' at now eh? to justify draconianism.

The US Government isn't sending the food? You seem mightily confused. Maybe re-read your own OP? The gov. in your article actually condemn the practice and directed the states to crack down...

It is people who are sending the food...and once again, the far right finds it vile when the poor and starving get fed.
edit on 22-7-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join