It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY food stamp recipients are shipping welfare-funded groceries to relatives in Jamaica, Dominican Re

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

IT IS ILLEGAL......it is for the people that live in AMERICA.....and on the FOOD STAMP CASE.....RESIDING IN AMERICA!

Is it that hard to figure out that NO ONE wants to pay for some illegal immigrant and their family back home in Guadalajara or where ever the hell they are sending OUR TAX DOLLARS.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The only thing a person owns is what they EARN since they do not EARN that money going to FOODSTAMPS that is given in 'good faith' to FEED themselves.

This right here is why the entire system needs to be overhauled and given to the truly deserving anyone who is not able body or mind.

Anyone else?

Your problems.

As clearly the 'come one come all mentality' that has lead us to the fiscal brink.
edit on 21-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I dont normally see eye to eye with you, but this we clearly agree on.

The system needs overhaul from the ground up....its so corrupt and full of loopholes.

I wonder though if its manufactured....like a pyramid scheme? Here comes my inner NUT again

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by neo96

I dont normally see eye to eye with you, but this we clearly agree on.

The system needs overhaul from the ground up....its so corrupt and full of loopholes.

I wonder though if its manufactured....like a pyramid scheme? Here comes my inner NUT again

True we don't just think JP Morgan makes billions off those food stamps so the less people on them?

The less they make off us.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero1020
The system is broken. The Earth has the capacity to feed around 12 billion at current estimates. We only have 7 billion population so why are people starving? We should be able to fully feed every single human being on the planet but worries about compensation and "whos gonna pay for it" cripple our efforts.

I fully support them sending food to their malnourished families even if I have to pay a few extra dollars in taxes.

The real crime is not these immigrants sending food to their homelands, it's that we in the modern nations waste so much food. We throw away what others kill each other over and it sickens me. We place laws that force growers to destroy perfectly edible crops because of market manipulations.

Don't like America? Visit a dirt poor country and you'll change your angry little tune.

NO! The real crime is claiming to need the food then sending it abroad....its people receiving/benefiting from our meager beggings.....The programs are funded by american tax dollars.

They are not american....and it it not right.
I figure they are accomplishing what we as Americans are failing willingly. We should be spending a lot of our money feeding the world and uplifting other countries out of the stone ages. But no, we are stuck in an ideology of selfishness, greed and war.

Who cares if they are not American? Are your thoughts so little that you cannot see we are all the same human race? Do you not care that many people will not be eating tonight and for a few cents you could provide them life?

Do I feel angry that a very small percentage of my taxes go towards feeding entire families that are less fortunate than me thousands of times over? Not really.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero1020

I fully support them sending food to their malnourished families even if I have to pay a few extra dollars in taxes.

Then donate to charities of your choice.....hell hand deliver YOUR $$$ to the poor....dont volunteer every one else hard earned $$$

And quit advocating theft and fraud....ITS WHATS WRONG with the entire country!
Those "charities" take most of the donated money for themselves and their "fees". So that's a no go.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zero1020

Then fly or take a boat and give the money to a family you deem FIT.

Yes ideally we should unite together to overcome our problems as ONE RACE.....get the rest of the world on the same page and axe the corporate ideology.....then we can talk about helping others.

I like your kind thoughts and hopes Zero: but i dont see this happening anytime soon....until then ill keep trying to feed and care for the people of this nation first.
edit on 21-7-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

True we don't just think JP Morgan makes billions off those food stamps so the less people on them?

The less they make off us.

What do you mean, like transaction fees at ATM? you can only take 200, come back tomorrow so we can get another two fifty from you? OH but its to PROTECT the users accounts from unauthorized transactions....lol

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

What do you mean, like transaction fees at ATM? you can only take 200, come back tomorrow so we can get another two fifty from you? OH but its to PROTECT the users accounts from unauthorized transactions....lol

Up to you to make up your own mind on all I am doing is presenting a perspective.

www.rooseveltinstitute.org...

www.thedailybeast.com...

There are threads on ATS about it.

The welfare Industrial complex the largest wealth redistribution scheme in this country rob from peter to pay for pauls existence to go out and buy stuff, all financed by us where all that money ends up in corporate pockets, and the middle men?

The US government 'putting a human face on it', and selling it by emotion.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh my mind is made up already. We are doomed as a greed ridden nation.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Once it is their money, it's none of your business. If they choose to eat less so they can send their family that barely eats at all, food... it's none of your business.

Originally posted by jude11

A decision to feed family is a no-brainer.

Peace

quoted 4 truth [and both posts should have more stars ]

funny how the tax slaves keep on insisting that it's "their money".
after they've handed it over to the gangsters for "Protection" *COUGH* I mean, paid their taxes.

to the grasping "my money" crowd :
Don't like it?
grow a pair and STOP paying taxes then.

simples.

of course, when these "folk" speak of freedom it's freedom to oppress and exploit those beneath them

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMagus

Originally posted by Kali74
Once it is their money, it's none of your business. If they choose to eat less so they can send their family that barely eats at all, food... it's none of your business.

Originally posted by jude11

A decision to feed family is a no-brainer.

Peace

quoted 4 truth [and both posts should have more stars ]

funny how the tax slaves keep on insisting that it's "their money".
after they've handed it over to the gangsters for "Protection" *COUGH* I mean, paid their taxes.

to the grasping "my money" crowd :
Don't like it?
grow a pair and STOP paying taxes then.

simples.

of course, when these "folk" speak of freedom it's freedom to oppress and exploit those beneath them

Oh really?

Then the same would apply to all those evil rich folks.

After all it is their money.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I don't see a problem here. Once a gift is given, it belongs to the person you gave it to. They can do whatever they want with it. You can't police what they do with their aid, and if you do you'll just drive yourself crazy.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

If it doesn't bother you soo much than take 20% of you paycheck and donate it to charity. I'm struggling and I"m pissed that my hard earned money that is taken for taxes is going to people thousands of miles away that are too lazy or ignorant to make an attempt at bettering themselves.

As was already stated, we're already taxed enough, amounts of that tax money to towards the WS for people in this Country. Also, the card and the food bought by that card are for the people on that case load. I reiterate, The food bought with that card is for the people on that case load, not for people thousands of miles away.

I have an Idea, instead of sending food "bought" with the tax payers hard earned dollars, why not send them seeds so they can become self sufficient? I know, I know, it takes work, but Oh' well. People bust their asses here working to have an amount of that taken away overseas to people that are, believe it or not, unappreciative of it. (Yes, unappreciative, look at all the aid from the last Hurricane that was looted and the aid that was prevented from reaching others.)

Send them seeds, Damnit.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Deirdre

Perhaps if you were struggling to make ends meet then you'd see how people are upset about it.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Strange that you would make that assumption. I do struggle, and always have. I won't go into the details. But shrug. I'd rather my tax money go to feeding people than killing people, no matter who they are. That's how I see it. I understand how unfair and frustrating the system is, but isn't is weird to be pitting ourselves against others who are also struggling, rather than say, the elite and wealthy who are not paying their fair share in taxes, or any taxes at all?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Wow,
I soo wish the program for food stamps and welfare would end..
STOP FEEDING THE USELESS

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Deirdre

I'm sorry to have made that assumption. Some of us that are struggling tend to take things like this a little more personal, is all. I am guilty of that, I may take it a little too personally. I apologize for any hard feelings.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Wow,
I soo wish the program for food stamps and welfare would end..
STOP FEEDING THE USELESS

No, not all are useless, granted there are many that take advantage of the system. We all already know that some things need to be changed but, unfortunately, I think the government likes the system the way it is. It keeps people constantly in need.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Same thing in Texas but the send the food mostly to Mexico.. They also lie about how much cash is made in a household

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join