It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Massive Fire Reported In The Basement At The JP Morgan Gold Warehouse On Wall Street, 20 F

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Thanks for the clarification..I had more than one tell me differently

Originally posted by Rosinitiate

Originally posted by relocator
Can anyone confirm this comment posted on youtube...by korboismywaifu?

Just a heads up - that is no longer the JPM's gold vault. That building was sold in 2003, there are condos there now.

Read through this thread and you will have your answer.

edit on 21-7-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

Yes there are vaults and yes they are owned by JPM but likely not holding any of there physical gold. Papers? Perhaps... who knows.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Do you still stand by your statement?

Originally posted by Rosinitiate

Originally posted by relocator
Can anyone confirm this comment posted on youtube...by korboismywaifu?

Just a heads up - that is no longer the JPM's gold vault. That building was sold in 2003, there are condos there now.

Read through this thread and you will have your answer.

Yes there are vaults and yes they are owned by JPM but likely not holding any of there physical gold. Papers? Perhaps... who knows.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well, one of the huge mysteries around 9/11 was "what happened to all the SILVER stored in the basement of the World Trade Center, that was never seen again".

There are also some theories that the attack was a cover up for destroying banking servers that were housed in the building that could have explained where the missing $2 trillion from the Pentagon had gone.

It wouldn't surprise me if this fire was a cover for some sort of massive gold disappearance.

I mean really, it's gold secured with metal security bars, what's to catch fire?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Oh Really now...Which is it? JP still leases and theirs gold or it's condos and no gold or papers, etc?

I'm so confused reading this thread...

I agree with AlienDNA

Originally posted by alienDNA
this is the most fail thread on ATS this month.

on so many levels.

and its the TOP thread

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Don't see whats the panic about. Isnt gold hard to melt and can be re-smelted?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alatloc

because when there's a bunch of firetrucks, talk of a fire and no smoke.... and an article about a gold warehouse... It's our duty to question the very notion you just pointed out.

In other words... why is someone trying to make us think that gold is burning.

And we only naturally expect that some will go missing, not that it is actually burning.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

UPDATE SINCE PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO READ PRIOR POSTS!

(not trying to be a smart ass, but I have explained it several times already in this thread)

JPM doesn't own that building any longer. They sold it in 2003. There is likely a vault, as most of those buildings in that area do. But the building itself now contains condos. I have no idea what would be in that vault but it likely isn't the JPM gold holdings (what little holdings they have left)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
wasent this almost the exact plot of die hard 2?......some kind of incidnt in the gold room or what not? then sneak out the gold in all the chaos in the back of dump trucks? im with other memebrs was this an accident or was some one trying to rob the gold?

yup definitely sounds like this one: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
There was no fire.

Moving the Gold out of the Country. Before the economic collapse.

Would not surprise me if they now run a false flag and blow something up on wall street.

edit on 25-7-2013 by BornOfSin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

They probably stold all the gold, since there is about to be a world economic collapse of biblical proportions.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BornOfSin
There was no fire.

Moving the Gold out of the Country. Before the economic collapse.

Would not surprise me if they now run a false flag and blow something up on wall street.

edit on 25-7-2013 by BornOfSin because: (no reason given)
I must give you a star for that post my friend, you are right on the money.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alatloc
Gold really isn't that hard to melt, from what i've read Gold melts at approximately 1337.33 K (1064.18 °C, 1947.52 °F).

Now considering there was a fire at one of the most important spots in America, you would think they would have precautions for such predicaments.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormborn
Does gold burn/melt?
This is sorta awkward. Gold doesn't really "burn" in the general sense. Take some solid gold and heat it. When it gets hot enough (1064.18 °C or 1947.52 °F), it melts. It was a solid, and now the gold has changed state to become a liquid. But here's the catch.

Gold, which is called a noble metal, just sits there molten. That's because it doesn't like to react with anything, and that means it is extremely difficult to "burn" gold. It won't oxidize (combine with oxygen), which is the basis for most "burning" in the conventional sense. (There are other forms of burning, but we'll set them aside for now.) Our liquid gold? Continue heating it and it will change state to a gas and boil away. Just like water would.

The term "burning" doesn't really represent a change of state. A change of state is a transition from solid to liquid to gas to plasma or back the other way. (Yes, some things change from solid directly to a gas and such, but let's look at the basics.) If we take ice and heat it, it melts. Keep heating it and it changes to steam. But it is still water. That's the key to change of state. In a change of state you don't chemically change the "stuff" you are heating or cooling like the water we spoke about.

When we "burn" something, chemical reactions take place, and the original chemical elements and compounds involved are changed by rearrangement. Gasoline is composed of a bunch of different hydrocarbons. If we burn it completely in air (with oxygen), the end products are water and carbon dioxide. (Set aside the other combustion byproducts that occur at elevated temperatures and pressures and that appear with incomplete combustion.)

Burning liquid gasoline does not change its state but changes its chemistry. So burning something really doesn't represent a change of state. Gold is an interesting metal and an interesting chemical element.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by faust833
Now considering there was a fire at one of the most important spots in America,

So just why do you think a apartment building is "one of the most important spots in America"??

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by faust833
Now considering there was a fire at one of the most important spots in America,

So just why do you think a apartment building is "one of the most important spots in America"??
I didn't do too much research on the topic, so I guess I'm an Idiot. Oh well it happens
So it was confirmed officially to be an apartment building? Hmm, ok well now i'll turn into a conspiracy theorist and say this, maybe it was near the vault and they cordoned off a block, then snuck all the gold out when no one was looking

edit on 26-7-2013 by faust833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by faust833

Why cause a commotion when you can get to the ocean from just about anywhere on Wall Street by using the underground. You can also break into a subway tunnel or use one of the many old streets of old NY, now existing as tunnels and drainage canals. If there was really gold that needed to be moved, the last thing they would do is make a public spectacle out of the project.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
reply to post by faust833

Why cause a commotion when you can get to the ocean from just about anywhere on Wall Street by using the underground. You can also break into a subway tunnel or use one of the many old streets of old NY, now existing as tunnels and drainage canals. If there was really gold that needed to be moved, the last thing they would do is make a public spectacle out of the project.
After giving it some thought, you're probably right. I don't know the layout of NY well, but I did just look at a map of the location and it would be strategic common sense to have a secret underground pathway leading to the ocean in case the gold had to be moved in case of some kind of emergency.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by relocator

UPDATE SINCE PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO READ PRIOR POSTS!

(not trying to be a smart ass, but I have explained it several times already in this thread)

JPM doesn't own that building any longer. They sold it in 2003. There is likely a vault, as most of those buildings in that area do. But the building itself now contains condos. I have no idea what would be in that vault but it likely isn't the JPM gold holdings (what little holdings they have left)

Another Update for JPM Gold Holdings

As I prior stated, last Friday JPM was down to 1 ton of Gold.....and the COMEX had a 4 ton deficit on the books. Now JPM is saying they want to exit the Physical Commodities altogether.

So I guess the FED is going to have to print up some cash to take care of those suckers still wanting their gold?

But the kicker of it all:

J.P. Morgan has also reaffirmed that it will remain fully committed to its traditional banking activities in the commodity markets, including financial derivatives

So for those who perhaps think the government took care of that nasty piece of business think again. The big banks are still playing Russian Roulette in the financial sector.
edit on 26-7-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
depending on how hot the fire gets it could melt it but to lose any gold from it would be absolutely from not digging it out of the rubble, if its insured it should be covered, the ins company would then technically own the gold being covered by a cliam... if theyre dumb enought to say the gold that melts into the rubble isnt worth digging out and smelting id like to know which dump they plan on using for the debris.... but no the gold will not burn away, melt into the ground maybe, but no the temperature to melt is high and vaporising it would be pretty god like to happen... other than stupidity and acts of god the gold shouldnt see a big price change

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bryono
depending on how hot the fire gets it could melt it but to lose any gold from it would be absolutely from not digging it out of the rubble,

What gold are you talking about?
What fire are you talking about?
What rubble are you on about?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join