It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 Year Old Yemeni Girl on Forced Marriage "I'd Rather Kill Myself"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
She really is quite outspoken. And I cant really speak for these arranged marriages types as for some it works just as much as its plain that for others it does not. But marrying a kid off to an adult is just plain stupid, I get were she is coming from. And I also get how such situations for a majority of kids and people would lead to sex slave trade as they would get suckered and sucked into it just to escape there former life. The habits of a culture to force people into what they deem normal or has been done for centuries are so outdated its just ridiculous by now, just as the fact that there would even be people who would be for arranged marriages and for them it would work, for other it would not. Simple concept to grasp one would think.

Forcing one rule of law or another on such situations for the majority seems to have always lead to the criminal element being installed into the whole thing as the opportunistic nature of humanity takes effect and goes underground like so many other things and bright ideas which have completely failed. Usually leading to self structured systems which are just kept in check because nobody wants to shift that house of cards least the bull# its build on fall down. Its like one whole bot culture who consistently and constantly create there own undermining.

The simple fact that somebody may not want to or be prone to do as there parents or there whole culture did, is clearly an alien concept to many people, the more religion intoned cultures are just the most obvious culprits of this, but everybody is guilty of it to one degree or another. She seems quite outspoken clear and knows what she wants and is about. So why deny her that route? It's clearly illogical to do that, bordering on the unsane.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

What I meant by it, was that say a messed up in the head uncle or cousin or neighbor could convince the kid that they are whisking them away to freedom, but when they get there, a different reality occurs. If they had the kid thinking they are being saved, they could have them lie for example.

Back in the day, we didn't need passports to cross the border, but we had to have birth certifricites to verify they were indeed our parents. The first time my parents tried to take me over(I am the eldest), they got turned away at the border. I kinda assumed it was like that at every border.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

What I meant by it, was that say a messed up in the head uncle or cousin or neighbor could convince the kid that they are whisking them away to freedom, but when they get there, a different reality occurs. If they had the kid thinking they are being saved, they could have them lie for example.

I understood what you meant, and I appreciate your point, but the stringency of the Asylum Laws, and their ability to remain in the UK once they have entered would prevent such an occurence. Not to say that it is impossible, but it would be difficult. Illegal entry for the purposes of sex trafficking, even of a child, is much easier in comparison so I do not see any cross-over if you know what I mean. It would be very difficult to hide any nefarious motives during the Asylum process, and really, what would be the point, given that there are far easier, if less legitimate, means by which to exploit children. Asylum seekers have to register, and children are interviewed and assessed as part of the process, it would be very difficult to exploit that child, or to maintain a facade.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Ah, I guess I am just completely ignorant on the asylum process, thanks for explaining.

Another thing I thought of, if kids were able to come and seek asylum, the parents could claim your country kidnapped their children. And from a legal standpoint, they would be right. The kid soldiers I can see, as when they are taken into the "army", they are usually forced to kill their families.... So no parents to claim kidnapping, and most likely no one to even give a crap, besides warlords, and who cares about those scum.
edit on Sun, 21 Jul 2013 17:08:36 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I do see your point and I have Empathy and Sympathy.... I'm not a cold person. She does sound like quite a clever girl already so I'd presume she would be one such Advocate! She sounds like she could be interested in Law!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Wow, that's really sad. Just another reason why the Muslim religion and their primitive culture is evil and disgusting. This is nothing short of forced sex slavery orchestrated by this beautiful little girls parents. I hope someone sees this video and comes to this little girls rescue.

By the sounds of it, other Muslims did come to her rescue.

Great to see that she is only 11 years old and can tell that it is wrong given she was raised by these people. Hopefully the next generation over there will bring change to this disgusting culture.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I think this little girl has a natural sense of ambition, She knows without education and freedom to explore the world she will always be a slave to the culture around her. Very mature, very ahead of some of the adults around her. Nice to see a child with their head screwed on tightly. I have no doubt that she will grow into a person who changes the world around her - That's if her parents dont get hold of her for "honour" reasons.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by Ramcheck

Wow, that's really sad. Just another reason why the Muslim religion and their primitive culture is evil and disgusting. This is nothing short of forced sex slavery orchestrated by this beautiful little girls parents. I hope someone sees this video and comes to this little girls rescue. Parents threatening to kill their own daughter? If that isn't evil, I don't know what is. I'm glad this young girl has recognized the evil of her parents, and not accept their forced marriage. There's a place in hell for these parents. You have to wonder, if there is a God why he allows this to happen to young innocent children.

looks like your one of those who love to find an opportunity to call Muslims names
, tell me genius , where dose it say in Islam that you can force a girl to get married ? oh and to save you time Mr genius , it is not allowed to force any girl or a woman into getting married , in Islam law YOU HAVE TO TAKE HER PERMISSION .

what we have here is a barbaric culture that shouldn't be allowed , and her father or anyone else that allows this kind of thing should go to prison and be someones B--CH , period

and im waiting for this dumb question : ( then why it is happening in this Muslim country and that Muslim country ? aren't they Muslims too ? my answer is in the second paragraph , its a barbaric culture.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

I'll assume English is not your first language but still...

You're not helping the situation.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Dr UAE

I'll assume English is not your first language but still...

You're not helping the situation.

no its not my first language , Arabic is , and please tell me what should i do to help in a situation like this ?
just put yourself in my shoes, what do you think was the right way to react to the person i replayed to ?

dear slayer , ive been here on this site for a long time , i love it and cant imagine not visiting it and i come here everyday , tell me what to do and how to react to people like him ?

thank you

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

edit on 22-7-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

understood bro , i got angry at first because he was the only one labeling and accusing Muslims , everyone else knew its about culture not religion, to tell you the truth i couldn't watch the video posted because my heart cant take it ,you see i my self have two daughters all of them are older than the poor girl in the video , and i tell you no force in this whole world that will make me force them into getting married , its their and only their choice .

and thank you for calming me down bro

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Aisha was a girl of nine when Muhammad consummated his marriage to her.

SAHIH AL-BUKHARI

Narrated Aisha:
The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234)

Accepted pratices since the founding of the religion.

SUNAN NASA‘I

… When Hadrat Aisha passed nine years of marriage life, the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) fell in mortal sickness… ‘A’isha was eighteen years of age at the time when the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) passed away and she remained a widow for forty-eight years till she died at the age of sixty-seven. She saw the rules of four Caliphs in her lifetime. She died on Ramadan 58 A.H. during the Caliphate of Hadrat Amir Mu‘awiya… (Sunan Nasa'i: English translation with Arabic Text, compiled by Imam Abu Abd-ur-Rahman Ahmad Nasa'i, rendered into English by Muhammad Iqbal Siddiqui [Kazi Publication, 121-Zulqarnain Chambers, Gampat Road, Lahore, Pakistan; first edition, 1994], Volume 1, p. 108)

May the young girl in the video survive to make her own choice out of love.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join