It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 Year Old Yemeni Girl on Forced Marriage "I'd Rather Kill Myself"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
11-Year-Old Yemeni girl Nada Al-Ahdal flees home to avoid forced marriage, and takes the time to record a very heart wrenching video recounting how she escaped her parents who wanted to force her to marry. Nada comes from a modest family and is one of eight siblings. I think this is a must-watch, a phrase I've rarely used before.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
She's a very mature young girl. I guess having to deal with what she deals with, she'd have to be.
A survivor. I'd adopt her if I could. There are many more young girls being mistreated like this
over there .... very sad. I wish the best for her ....

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

She's such a beautiful, intelligent, outspoken, wonderful girl.
I hope this poor child can find the resources and willing helpful people to be smuggled out and away from this culture somewhere she can LIVE, get an education, have a choice about what she wants in life, and pursue those choices.

11 years old! that's pedophilia!

Her aunt set herself on fire at 14 years old, self immolating to escape an abusive marriage where the "husband" beat her with chains.

Marriage in these cultures is slavery!

It's utterly horrible and barbaric the treatments what girls are expected to tolerate and submit to in these cultures.

It fills me with a righteous fury. I'll not go on with what I'd like to do to 'cure' these cultures of this behavior and treatment of children, girls, and women.
It isn't pretty by any means though.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

What a passionate, well spoken and poignant plea for sanity!

Children like this restore my hope in humanity. It's makes me think that there may be something to the idea of "avatar" children.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
A very beautiful and wise child. It infuriates me to see these things are still allowed in some countries. They are pedophiles to marry children, barbaric and cruel and should not be tolerated on any level!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
She's an awesome little firecracker!

What I find so awful about these marriages is that it is as often as not done with not just the consent of the mother, and other female relatives, but that they are the instigators. In the UK, since the introduction of the Forced Marriage Act in 2008 the vast majority of those prosecuted for breaching orders, have been women.

I would very much like to see force marriage being integrated into our asylum laws, so that children, like this little girl, can, if need be, find safety here. But that only applies to girls like her, who have a responsible and caring relative who disagrees with the marriage, and so many do not.

I suspect though that when she grows up she will become an advocate for other children. Seldom did she talk about 'I' or 'me', mostly 'us' and 'our'. What a girl!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

We need to remember that this little girl's mother probably also married at age 11 or 12, and then popped out 8 children. This girl's mom is probably only in her early 20's herself, and is anxious to be free from some of her responsibilities to her children, and may have more on the way too.

edit on 21-7-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Wow, that's really sad. Just another reason why the Muslim religion and their primitive culture is evil and disgusting. This is nothing short of forced sex slavery orchestrated by this beautiful little girls parents. I hope someone sees this video and comes to this little girls rescue. Parents threatening to kill their own daughter? If that isn't evil, I don't know what is. I'm glad this young girl has recognized the evil of her parents, and not accept their forced marriage. There's a place in hell for these parents. You have to wonder, if there is a God why he allows this to happen to young innocent children.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I would very much like to see force marriage being integrated into our asylum laws, so that children, like this little girl, can, if need be, find safety here. But that only applies to girls like her, who have a responsible and caring relative who disagrees with the marriage, and so many do not.

That would be a great idea. These kids don't have anyone to turn to. Her parents will track her down in her country and kill her. No child should be burdened with being forced into marriage and being afraid of their own parents.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

We need to remember that this little girl's mother probably also married at age 11 or 12, and then popped out 8 children. This girl's mom is probably only in her early 20's herself, and is anxious to be free from some of her responsibilities to her children, and may have more on the way too.

I know, it is a vicious cycle and one that will not be broken until women are educated, and as importantly, given the ability to be economically self-sufficient.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Currently to seek asylum in the UK, you have to have already entered the country and be over 18, which is restrictive in the case of children such as this little girl. As it currently stands, the Uncle may be able to bring her here, but the claim for asylum status would need to be in his name, as in his life would also need to be in danger if he were to return to Yemen. It is a grey area I would have thought, and a very long way to come only to be deported back if the case for asylum cannot be proven. By extending it, to allow children, under guardianship, to make an application would be a viable solution, but also a can of worms. I know that in the past some children, such as former child soldiers, have been allowed entry, but I think that that has been as part of a larger scheme.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

As much as I agree about this moronic and barbaric way of life, i can't agree with those who say we should allow all children from these Country's to come here.... Sorry, but there would too many.... she is from a Family of 8, so you can only imagine how many would be coming here and we are out of room!

It is sad that they are treated like this but don't forget that they are also treated like it here already in some cases.... to escape one sh*thole and possibly end up in another isn't the best thing to do in any case.

The best thing to do is for that Country or those Country's to abolish their way of life so that the people of those Country's can live in a more free Society! That is the answer, not to bring everyone over here....

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Very brave young girl..... I do hope she finds someplace safe, away from her parents who are the most evil people in this whole episode!

This has been going on for Century's and it's really quite sad how it still goes on today.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I imagine that would open up a giant can of worms, giving the sex slavery industry a giant boost. When me and my sisters were kids, we had to provide all kinds of documentation to make sure we weren't kidnapped kids being brought across the canadian border. IMO, the potential abuse outweighs the potential help.

If you were going to allow runaway kids asylum solo, who would take care of them all?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It was a great idea back in the dark ages, it really doesn't have much of a place at this time IMO(arranged marriages). Although, maybe there is still a good reason for it there, I don't know, I never lived there.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I've never lived there either but you heard what the young girl said.... about her Aunt being kept like a slave and beaten and held in chains!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Giving this thread a bump for obvious reasons.

Good for her

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

As much as I agree about this moronic and barbaric way of life, i can't agree with those who say we should allow all children from these Country's to come here.... Sorry, but there would too many.... she is from a Family of 8, so you can only imagine how many would be coming here and we are out of room!

It is sad that they are treated like this but don't forget that they are also treated like it here already in some cases.... to escape one sh*thole and possibly end up in another isn't the best thing to do in any case.

The best thing to do is for that Country or those Country's to abolish their way of life so that the people of those Country's can live in a more free Society! That is the answer, not to bring everyone over here....

I assume that you meant to say that 'As much as I disagree...' Anyway, I hear what you are saying, and I agree, but that change can only come from with within, and for that change to take place we need to help those children get the resources and education that they need to be able to fight for the next generation. Asylum status is one way of doing that. We may be out of room, have been for a very long time, but there always seems to be room for some and not others, immigration tends to be economically motivated, and I think that that is an issue to be addressed. I am not suggesting bringing everyone over her, what I am suggesting is that those that make it here, should be given consideration, but as I stipulated, only if they are in the company of a guardian. Achieving Asylum status is no walk in the park, and so it shouldn't be.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

I imagine that would open up a giant can of worms, giving the sex slavery industry a giant boost. When me and my sisters were kids, we had to provide all kinds of documentation to make sure we weren't kidnapped kids being brought across the canadian border. IMO, the potential abuse outweighs the potential help.

If you were going to allow runaway kids asylum solo, who would take care of them all?

As I said, they would have to be accompanied by a guardian...

The sex slavery industry is already a huge, huge issue, especially sex trafficking. The statistics are phenomenal and it is a global problem. In the UK it is on the rise, despite efforts to prevent it, and much of that trade is due to open European borders not the Asylum system. A child, from any country, would find it near impossible to get into this country unaccompanied anyway, and like you and your sister, on entering their passports are checked to ensure that the adult that they are with has legal responsibility. So while I agree with may open a can of worms, amongst all the other cans of worms, it is a drop in the ocean, but one that could provide a viable long term solution to helping future generations by providing education and support that could eventually provide advocates that can one day go back and fight for the next generation of little girls.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
No Doubt.

Why kill her dreams?

She and others like her do not derserve that treatment,

They are not property they are their children.

And deserve so much more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join