It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do You Go To Church?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I don't know why you would take issue with Revelation. It was written by the same apostle who wrote the gospel according to John.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical

So you can't quote Jesus on that? Why are you focused on everything except what Jesus said?

Isn't he the guy you're supposed to be believing in?

Can't quote Jesus on what? Be more specific. Everything Jesus said was truth, but not all truth is contained only in what Jesus said. He left the administration of His church to the apostles.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Supposedly. Revelation is full of pagan symbolism dealing with constellations and such. I wouldn't be surprised if it is pseudepigrapha and is only "John" in name.

The tone of Revelation is completely at odds with John's gospel. Also, Revelation is largely a retelling of events and not a foretelling.
edit on 22-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If you knew the history of the Mezzeroth you would know that the Zodiac is a perversion of the original Mezzeroth. Just because pagans perverted the original doesn't make the original a pagan perversion.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hey, you are free to disregard whatever you want to from the Bible. But that's the source of the issues that you are dealing with not knowing many doctrines and Eschatology.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFinder
...your eternal soul? How do you know you have one?

The thousands of NDE's where people have died and come back with undeniable evidence for starters...

Ian McCormack & Dr. Rodonaia are two good examples:

"So I tried to find a light switch, thinking I was still in the hospital - but as I reached out into the dark I couldn't touch anything. Reaching to touch my face I found my hand go straight through it. It seemed so bizarre, as I knew I was standing there but couldn't touch any part of my physical body." Ian McCormick's NDE

Ian McCormack was night diving off the island of Mauritius when he was stung multiple times by Box Jellyfish, which are among the most venomous creatures in the world. His testimony relates how he clung to life while getting to hospital, was declared clinically dead soon afterwards, and how during this time he had an encounter with Jesus, which radically changed the direction of his life. Link

"Dr. Rodonaia was a vocal Soviet dissident killed by the KGB, pronounced dead, taken to a freezer vault in the morgue for three days and returned to life during his own autopsy. Dr. Rodonaia was a psychiatric researcher who worked for the KGB and later became a dissident. He was a scientist trained in historical materialism and did not believe in God." Of all the cases I have investigated in my 26 years of work in the field, his is the most dramatic, the longest, the most evidential, and the most soul-stirring. LINK

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

I don't know why you would take issue with Revelation. It was written by the same apostle who wrote the gospel according to John.

Well... Johns gospel deals with what Jesus did, and what he said... with little influence from john aside from his narration which in some cases I also take issue with... Revelation is supposedly a visit from Jesus... wherein he changes his attitude... and his speech patterns... in my personal opinion revelation is purely John... in his final attempt to write something worth while... and I believe he may have been suffering from some form of dementia.

Plus I don't buy into any doom and gloom reading...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
I don't buy into any doom and gloom reading...

Hell is full of those who USED to agree with you...

Unlike them, you still have a chance to listen.

Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

I don't buy into any doom and gloom reading...

Hell is full of those who USED to agree with you...

Unlike them, you still have a chance to listen.

Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Funny I've heard hell wasn't for humans... but the fallen angels who defied God...

You should chat with your fellow Christians on that issue...

Hell doesn't exist... so im not really worried about those who dwell in said mythical place... and what they used to believe before they landed there

edit on 22-7-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Mazzaroth is only mentioned in Job, and Job was written anywhere between the 6th and 4th centuries BC. Greek mythology and the Zodiac originated somewhere around the 5th century BC, and even they copied their Zodiac signs from Babylon, so there's no way Judaism or Christianity invented constellations or the signs associated with them.

If anything, the OT copied the concept of a Mazzaroth from the Babylonians, those who Yahweh supposedly condemned.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Sure, because you've been there right? That's the only way you could know that it's real after all.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Funny I've heard hell wasn't for humans... Hell doesn't exist...

I've heard that as well...

Never been a big fan of fiction myself.

"All men ARE liars" ~ Psalm 116:11

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Funny I've heard hell wasn't for humans... Hell doesn't exist...

I've heard that as well...

Never been a big fan of fiction myself.

"All men ARE liars" ~ Psalm 116:11

Yet you have little issue with a talking snake...

Oh... and guess who wrote the bible?

Men... so what does that tell you?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Except the ones who wrote the bible and put it together.... right? They're definitely not liars, but all men are liars.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

Well... Johns gospel deals with what Jesus did, and what he said... with little influence from john aside from his narration which in some cases I also take issue with... Revelation is supposedly a visit from Jesus... wherein he changes his attitude... and his speech patterns... in my personal opinion revelation is purely John... in his final attempt to write something worth while... and I believe he may have been suffering from some form of dementia.

Plus I don't buy into any doom and gloom reading...

Your prerogative. And I don't see how Revelation is "doom and gloom" unless you're cheering on the wicked and rebellious and against the end of sin on Earth and against the reforming of Earth the way it was initially created before the fall of man.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Mazzaroth is only mentioned in Job, and Job was written anywhere between the 6th and 4th centuries BC. Greek mythology and the Zodiac originated somewhere around the 5th century BC, and even they copied their Zodiac signs from Babylon, so there's no way Judaism or Christianity invented constellations or the signs associated with them.

If anything, the OT copied the concept of a Mazzaroth from the Babylonians, those who Yahweh supposedly condemned.

Job is the oldest book of the Bible, so bit was written before Moses wrote his books. And the Mezzeroth was corrupted at Babylon

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Except the ones who wrote the bible and put it together.... right? They're definitely not liars, but all men are liars.

The Christian perspective is that God authored the books of the Bible, that men only held the writing utensils. And that is authenticated by hundreds of detail specific prophecies showing the origination of the information is from an entity outside the dimensionality of time itself.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

You mean the prophecies that could be self-fulfilled? Powerful men run the world with LOTS of money at their disposal. They can accomplish more than you think.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You mean the prophecies that could be self-fulfilled? Powerful men run the world with LOTS of money at their disposal. They can accomplish more than you think.

The powerful and elite generally are secular and couldn't care less about trying to self-fulfil Biblical prophecy.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The people in power are the same people who set up religion and continue to propagate it. If those in power didn't care for Christianity, it wouldn't still be around today. Christianity is a main part of their power structure, as is most every religion in the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join