It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do You Go To Church?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You just proved my point more than you'll ever know. Your focus is on what Paul said, not Jesus. The gospels are contained in Mark, Matthew, Luke, and John, not Paul's epistles.

I find it strange that Jesus even needed someone else to speak for him. Why didn't he say all he had to say while alive? Why did he need Paul to speak for him, saying things that he never even hinted at while alive?

Funny thing is, Paul quotes the OT 183 times and only quotes Jesus once. If he was spreading Jesus' gospel then why doesn't he quote him more than one time? Paul's message is nothing like Jesus', AT ALL.

Oh, and to debunk Romans 10:9-10:

Matthew 7
21 Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Doing the will of his Father was loving one another, not believing he rose from the dead.

Loving one another covers all of the law, something Paul says Jesus ended.
edit on 21-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

why dont u just wait and ask him,,when he gets here?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

He's already here and always has been. Jesus is the light, something we all already have, except most don't recognize it.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
DP

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

He's already here,,,wrong,,,,

Matthew 24:30
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFinder

For encouragement, fellowship, education, praise and healing.

The encouragement is because there are many unfriendly forces in the world that would drag you down.

The fellowship is being amongst people who share your beliefs, many whom you come to love.

The education is because God's will is often slowly revealed at a pace we can handle.

The praise is because I see a great transformative work happening in and around me.

The healing is because we all have various degrees of damage (of all kinds) so the natural balance is to constantly work against those damages.

... and my soul is already saved, so it can't be for that reason.

edit on 21/7/2013 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Sure, the gospels do contain the gospel of Jesus. But so do the apostles epistles. And the verse you posted deals with the Great White Throne judgment at the end of the 1000 year reign of Christ on Earth. And if you look elsewhere in scripture it says every knee will bow and every tongue will confess Jesus is Lord. Every person being being judged will say "Lord, Lord..". Christians are not judged at the GWT judgment, they are participating as co-judges, judging the fallen angels. Christian's works are judged at the judgment seat of Christ after the marriage supper of the Lamb. The GWT judgment takes place in Jerusalem, the GSOC takes place in heaven.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Wrong.

Matthew 28
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

You're talking about Him being here in Spirit, what the other member is flrefering to is His bodily return spoken of by the angel that was present when Christ ascended to heaven. Who told the apostles that He would return someday in the same manner they saw Him ascend.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Hebrews 10:24-25 "And let us consider how we may spur one another on to love and good deeds, not giving up on meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing."

1 Corinthians 14:26 "When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation."

Ephesians 4:16 "From Him, the whole body, joined and held together, grows and builds itself up in love by what each part supplies."

That is church, in my opinion. Not one guy standing up there lecturing the masses in his thousand-dollar suit. A collective experience in which everyone contributes and everyone benefits.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Where does Jesus even hint at the GWT in that verse much less that passage? You are making your own context to fit your argument! It's so obvious. What was Romans 10:9-10 referring to if not the GWT? Let me guess, it wasn't.
How convenient for you.

The "every knee will bow" verse was penned by..... guess who..... Paul! Huge surprise there.
You focus way too much on Paul's words instead of Jesus'.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Jesus never said that either. Context is key, what you're referring to was said in Acts 1:9, AFTER Jesus supposedly floated into the clouds never to be seen again.

Also, Jesus being here in spirit is what I was referring to. We all share the same spirit or essence, that of consciousness.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Akragon

What is corporate worship?

I've never heard of it...

Corporate means as a group of people.

Synonyms would be: "joint", "collective", or "common".
edit on 21-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Perhaps collective would be a better word.... corporate sounds like one of those "churches" you see on TV...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I'm not making up the context. There are three judgments in scripture. One for the elect, one for the wicked, and one called the "sheep and goats" judgment that happens immediately upon His return and deals with how people treated Israel during the tribulation. At the GWT judgment spoken of no one is going to heaven, their works are judged to determine their level of punishment. At the GSOC no one goes to hell. Works are judged to determine if rewards are given or lost. At the S&G judgment the sheep are allowed to continue on to the Earthly kingdom to live out their days and the goats are thrown into hell.

So that is the context. If Christ is speaking about some being judged and rejected it's referring to the GWT judgment. At that judgment there will be no members of the church, the bride participates as co-judges there to judge the fallen angels. Simply because a person calls Him "Lord" is irrelevant. Everyone at that point will know He is the Lord, and it says at that judgment "every" knee will bow, and "every" tongue will confess Jesus is Lord. Hitler will be addressing Him as Lord at that judgment.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Please show me where Jesus said any of that. Chapters and verses please.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

wow...

How about a few citations for that mess of words there... lol

Where did you hear that story bro? Its like a mash of parables and Paul...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No, corporate VS individual is common speech. No offense friend, but I shouldn't change terminology because you don't know what corporate means. Corporate means as a group. That's why publicly traded businesses are called corporations instead of private ownership. A group of people called shareholders own the corporation.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

wow...

It may sound like a mash to someone who doesn't study scripture. Look up the difference between the "Great White Throne Judgment", and the "Judgment Seat of Christ" and the "Sheep and Goats Judgment". There is no way for me to copy/paste a systematic breakdown of all the verses associated with these three judgments on my phone.

edit on 22-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

wow...

It may sound like a mash to so.done who doesn't study scripture. Look up the difference between the "Great White Throne Judgment", and the "Judgment Seat of Christ" and the "Sheep and Goats Judgment". There is no way for me to copy/paste a systematic breakdown of all the verses associated with these three judgments.

Ah.. right I forgot revelations...

So Parables... Paul, and revelations...

I suppose this depends on what one considers "scripture"... I have no use for two of those three

No, corporate VS individual is common speech. No offense friend, but I shouldn't change terminology because you don't know what corporate means. Corporate means as a group. That's why publicly traded businesses are called corporations instead of private ownership. A group of people called shareholders own the corporation.

Fair enough...

You don't find mat 6 in conflict at all with that? Or is that what you were referring to in your other reply?

edit on 22-7-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

So you can't quote Jesus on that? Why are you focused on everything except what Jesus said?

Isn't he the guy you're supposed to be believing in?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join