It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Future Plans Include Brain Chips

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name.

I got one word for ya..Psychotronic Tranceivers.

…8And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication. 9And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

edit on 21-7-2013 by truthermantwo because: (no reason given)

13:11-18 Those who understand the first beast to denote a worldly power, take the second to be also a persecuting and assumed power, which acts under the disguise of religion, and of charity to the souls of men. It is a spiritual dominion, professing to be derived from Christ, and exercised at first in a gentle manner, but soon spake like the dragon. Its speech betrayed it; for it gives forth those false doctrines and cruel decrees, which show it to belong to the dragon, and not to the Lamb. It exercised all the power of the former beast. It pursues the same design, to draw men from worshipping the true God, and to subject the souls of men to the will and control of men. The second beast has carried on its designs, by methods whereby men should be deceived to worship the former beast, in the new shape, or likeness made for it. By lying wonders, pretended miracles. And by severe censures. Also by allowing none to enjoy natural or civil rights, who will not worship that beast which is the image of the pagan beast. It is made a qualification for buying and selling, as well as for places of profit and trust, that they oblige themselves to use all their interest, power, and endeavour, to forward the dominion of the beast, which is meant by receiving his mark. To make an image to the beast, whose deadly wound was healed, would be to give form and power to his worship, or to require obedience to his commands. To worship the image of the beast, implies being subject to those things which stamp the character of the picture, and render it the image of the beast. The number of the beast is given, so as to show the infinite wisdom of God, and to exercise the wisdom of men. The number is the number of a man, computed after the usual manner among men, and it is 666. What or who is intended by this, remains a mystery. To almost every religious dispute this number has yet been applied, and it may reasonably be doubted whether the meaning has yet been discovered. But he who has wisdom and understanding, will see that all the enemies of God are numbered and marked out for destruction; that the term of their power will soon expire, and that all nations shall submit to our King of righteousness and peace.

edit on 21-7-2013 by truthermantwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Good points made ... what about your brain chip being hacked? What about your brain chip getting a virus? It can be used as a two way transmitter and you'd never know it. And whoever was in charge of the chips (really in charge) could send frequencies that calm or irritate .... what if the government wanted a riot someplace to take peoples attention away from what they are really doing? etc etc ....

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The tech already exists (and has done for quite some time) to alter human behaviour through sound, EM interference, colours or even smells. Anything you fear that this chip could do is simply an extension of already existing tech (stimulating the brain directly as opposed to externally), yet none of the fears have materialised have they?

Now, you can refuse this if you like but don't start spreading fear based on religious mumbo-jumbo - After all, we're already several centuries behind where we should be owing to all this God bothering that has been going on and I for one am sick of it - don't hold the rest of us back just because some book written by moronic goat-herders thousands of years ago says so.

To be honest, this sounds like the conflict between the Alterans and the Ori in Star Gate. The ancient civilisation was split in two at some point in it's history - one the one hand you have the Ori, who are total religious whackjobs who hold everyone back from true enlightenment and progress, whereas the Alterans shunned religion in favour of technology and the true advancement of the Human race... Which are you?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

We can 'hack' and modify our own Android phones right now.
There's instructions online how to hack/convert your own Android phone to NSA level security standards and encryption.

People are already coding their own personal and specialized custom open source hacks for the Google Glass.
Google is, in fact a little upset that there's 3rd party work going on to enable facial recog against their publicly voiced wishes (publicly voiced, that is. Conspiracy away on that one if you like).

As to brain chips? or any other augment hardware?
You bet.
We'll be able to hack it and customize it to our own personalized standards and comfort levels.
Stick it in there and leave it default?
That's just ASKING for trouble.

Lock it down, strip it, and burn a whole new secure and customizable 'unhackable' OS for use by you and only you.

edit on 21-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Your mention of transhumanism: 2045.com. Open letter from several to the UN Secretary General about the necessity of this devvelopment, for the "future of the planet." Mr. Kurzweil, of course, is a signer of the letter, amongst others, and of course, works for Google.

As to OP: interesting thread, of course, and I always wait for people to bring up the obvious realilzation that a line in is a line out, a two way street, as it were. You made that point well and eloquently, covering most of the bases of caution that concern me with it, as well.
Respectfully,
Tetra50

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
A chip in my brain that could make me completely susceptible to outside control and manipulation? No thanks.

Even though yesterday I was thinking about the invention of a 'thought machine' that involved a chip in the brain that would broadcast every though, image, dream and intention going on in your brain on a tv screen.

Cool idea, but could be too easily hijacked to influence one's thoughts and life.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Euphony

Why though would it neccesarily make you "susceptable" to outside influence?

This is all based on supposition - without knowing exactly how this works, it is impossible to say anything for definate.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

We can 'hack' and modify our own Android phones right now.
There's instructions online how to hack/convert your own Android phone to NSA level security standards and encryption.

People are already coding their own personal and specialized custom open source hacks for the Google Glass.
Google is, in fact a little upset that there's 3rd party work going on to enable facial recog against their publicly voiced wishes (publicly voiced, that is. Conspiracy away on that one if you like).

As to brain chips? or any other augment hardware?
You bet.
We'll be able to hack it and customize it to our own personalized standards and comfort levels.
Stick it in there and leave it default?
That's just ASKING for trouble.

Lock it down, strip it, and burn a whole new secure and customizable 'unhackable' OS for use by you and only you.

edit on 21-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Right, until the government finds an altered chip and sends you to prison for hacking their system and implants another unhackable chip in your head. This is not only the next step in human/cyborg evolution, but a more complete human controlling system.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Euphony

Why though would it neccesarily make you "susceptable" to outside influence?

This is all based on supposition - without knowing exactly how this works, it is impossible to say anything for definate.

Well none of us have the answers, so all we are left to do is base our thoughts on supposition right now... thats what pretty much every thread is, the facts mixed in with our own take on the matter. Unless you are the engineer with google who invented this, then you are also presuming outcomes. Even the inventor (person who knows the most about this) can only make assumptions as to the outcomes as well.

What do you mean how can we be influenced WITH A CHIP IN OUR BRAIN?? Biased search results giving your brain answers, thoughts that you think are yours but are not, etc..

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Euphony

Right, until the government finds an altered chip and sends you to prison for hacking their system and implants another unhackable chip in your head. This is not only the next step in human/cyborg evolution, but a more complete human controlling system.

Oh you alarmists are all so predictable and cute in your overwhelming paranoia.

You're on the internet, right?
The government, or even myself could be sending special subliminal electrical pulses to your monitor to trigger an optical hypnotic subliminal suggestion and programming into your brain RIGHT NOW.
Wait.
I, or WE could have done that as soon as you clicked onto this topic thread.

Wait, you're not using a monitor? You're using a cell phone? You actually HAVE a cell phone?

Do you realize that wearing shoes with rubber, or polymere based soles is a carefully crafted government campaign to keep your natural bioelectric field insulated from being grounded so that the satellites can track everyone's unique identifying bioelectrical signiature?
That's why I NEVER wear shoes!!!!

Oh wait, I'm all for technology and evil mind probes with technology that I don't understand and so must fear and be super paranoid about.

No matter what your excuse against any of this, there isn't any technology that you aren't already using right now that probably can't already do the very same things you're scared of this proposed technology being able to do if said technologies were compromised to such extent to do the very things you're so terribly scared about.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I am with you on the eventual move to an augmented world. A somewhat natural (and, I think quick) progression to transhumanism will take place given how globally interconnected we have become over the last twenty years and how human demand for semantic universal communication is exponentially growing. Look at the work of cybernetics professor Kevin Warwick at Reading University in the UK who, over the years, has been pioneering ground-breaking research in neuro-surgical implantation.

Kevin instigated a series of pioneering experiments involving the neuro-surgical implantation of a device (Utah Array/BrainGate) into the median nerves of his left arm in order to link his nervous system directly to a computer to assess the latest technology for use with the disabled. The development of the implant technology was carried out by a team of researchers headed by Dr Mark Gasson who, along with Kevin, used it to perform the ground-breaking research. Kevin was successful with the first extra-sensory (ultrasonic) input for a human and with the first purely electronic communication experiment between the nervous systems of two humans. His research has been discussed by the US White House Presidential Council on BioEthics, The European Commission FTP and led to him being widely referenced and featured in academic circles as well as appearing as cover stories in several magazines – e.g. Wired (USA), The Week (India).

Kevin Warwick

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Thanks for that. My level 2 paranoia just jumped to level 9.. lol

I'm off to ground myself now...

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Ah, I know that bloke, I only live a few miles from Reading myself. I actually went to the robotics lab when I was in my final year of School as a school trip to have a taste of Uni. The guy is a pioneer, but also a bit whacky - he has a few augmetics of his own design implanted within himself - future Borg if ever there was one!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Euphony

People have had electronics within their brains for quite some time, you know. To date, not one of them has been turned into an all-assimilating drone bent on humanities destruction!

As it stands, the chip would just be an "interface", turning bio-electric signals into ones that can be chucked out over the Wifi - fundamentally, it isn't something someone can "hack" - it's like saying someone can hack a USB port, which itself is just a bunch of physical connections. The actual software that runs over the interface port is what is hackable, not the physical port itself.

What do you do if you have a compromised USB device? Unplug it or otherwise disable the port. It would be highly foolish if such a brain-chip did not come with even the most modest safeguards.

Also, the only way a USB could be compromised is locally, in so far as the hacker has to be physically present to put his compromised device into the USB port of the machine he wishes to hack. I would imagine you would notice someone fiddling with your brain.....

Or, to use another exaqmple, the compromised chips found in US military hardware that was made in China - yes, some of those chips could allow foreign agents to gain access too and even control US hardware, but the hacker has to have physical access to the chip - again, someone would notice a gaggle of Chinese spies hanging around Edwards AFB just waiting for their chance to jump the fence and hack as many F-22's as they could.

As a mental exercise, are you against prosthetic limbs, by any chance? The most advanced ones are robotic in nature and use chips as an an interface to interpet bio-electrical signals - by the logic on display in this thread, these too are hackable - I imagine they are, actually, but again it would require the person wanting to do the hacking to be physically present.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

You do realize that those who have implants in their skull are by in large disabled physically and confined to wheelchairs due to paralysis . . . .? Your point on this issue is completely moot as it does not address the impact of millions or even billions of people capable of actually walking and picking things up being chipped.

USB is a physical device that can store software which can be used to boot programs without engaging the OS currently running on the device. . . Again your point is moot because the chip operates on wifi which will likely possess features for automatic updates via a, wait for it . . . . wifi internet connection. Again your point is moot as all modern portable technology with access to the internet has this feature.

If the device powers itself from a static field generated by the brain it still posses the risk of affecting the brain due to the nature of its operation. A computer runs on electricity which generates a magnetic field, of which there is volumes of information demonstrating the effect of such fields on the human brain.

The PRISM fiasco has already demonstrated the intrinsic distrust of the governing bodies towards the populace and chips in the brain would only invite increasingly dystopian control systems to be put in place.

If the chip is reading the electrical signals of the brain to operate one should investigate the current methods of "reading thoughts" which rely on measuring activity in certain areas of the brain through electrical currents and magnetic fields. Essentially this technology requires the ability to read and process the unique thought patterns of individuals, see PRISM.

Your ridicule of people opposed to such intrusive systems is rather telling.

Also you claim religion has put mankind back hundreds of years and to quote just about every internet warrior atheist, the burden of proof is on you.

-FBB

EDIT
To add calling something bio-electric is retarded as the signal being interpreted by the interface in the prosthetic is purely electric . . . it is not interacting with the chemical structure involved in the signal. Bio-electric is merely a fancy marketing ploy for a centuries old phenomena called electricity to make a new gadget sound 'high-tech.'

Also before they can really get to work on this they need a working model of the mental process called consciousness which thus far has eluded all attempts to emulate or measure it. See binding problems 1 and 2 in conjunction with the hard problem of consciousness.
edit on 21-7-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthermantwo

Originally posted by Samuelis
I personally am ok with this from google. It just seems like the logical next step in human advancement, to be able to interact with each other as a sort of synthetic telepathy, or to be able to take photos through your eyes and upload it directly to your feed. We shouldn't let fear stop us from moving forward should we?

I am trying hard to contain my anger at your post, thinking logically, how would you like it if i caused you a severe headache through your google chip, or hacked your subconcious mind? Started to make you hate yourself or omething..didn't think so.

Eh, I kind of agree with him to a point. I agree it's the most logical step, career depending. I don't think there'd be too many fields that would make use of something like this other than medicine, though. For example, I think I'd prefer a surgeon operating on me to have full mental access in real-time to a surgical database while wrist-deep in the incision than one who might not be so sure about some potential complication and lacking the time to double-check what he's doubting. That could be very beneficial. And if you're afraid of the chipped doc, because he could be brain-hacked, well, they can be bought off and make you die on the table from "complications" just as easily.

I don't think I'd personally do this unless it was to "download" information and subsequently remove the device. Like if I wanted to insta-learn a new language because I'm moving to X country for Y amount of years next week. Maybe. Then again, maybe I'd just deal with my poor language skills from cramming on the flight, IDK. Point is, I highly doubt anyone is going to be forced by law to do it, because I'm fairly certain being forced to submit to implanting would be the national rioting tipping point. No one would put up with it. We'd probably settle for it being strictly voluntary.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The farther people distance themselves from the natural world, the more stress and unhappiness they will bring to themselves. Has anyone noticed stress levels for the average person has been skyrocketing with the advent of all this so called "progressive" technology which makes their lives allegedly more convenient. Next time anyone has a vacation, take a trip to an isolated mountain community. It has done wonders for myself. It was only 3 years ago that I swore when they finally made a chip I could implant that could bundle all my discount cards, subscriber id's and credit cards I would be in line instantly.

After spending more time with my partners family out in New Mexico, and being completely stranded from technology, I realized I had never felt so spiritually liberated in my whole life. her family is not poor or anything, they just choose to live more simple. For crying out loud they have a huge 30+" console TV that barely works, but they don't even use it. no internet. regular cell phones that are rarely on. Just land and a wonderful view of the mountains.

The kids loved it. And every time I come back from that and return to this fast paced commercial lifestyle in sunny Florida, I feel like I have left a piece of my soul behind. I feel like I am returning to an illusion we humans have set up. Lately I am of the opinion it is not humans at all that have created this illusion of technology and convenience that has separated us from the natural world, but the forces of evil.

I am not one to spout biblical passages and condemn people to hellfire at all. I just feel that we are losing our way spiritually in the Western world with all these technological illusions to keep us away from the Earth. We are indifferent to the plight of the less fortunate. We are indifferent to our own oppression from those in charge of our society and they continue to demand we run to these illusions, these distractions.

Those of you who choose to believe that putting a chip in your head will be a liberation point of humanity are simply in denial. the truth is you are running away from reality, so you choose to bury yourselves in distractions. The distractions make you believe your happy, temporarily. Until you have to get back to your ever increasingly stressful day to day jobs and social isolation.

Maybe you have five hundred friends on Facebook from all over the world. But how many of your neighbors do you actually speak to in your own community. You speak, tweet, Skype, and interact with dozens around the world in front of a screen. Do you even come anywhere close to that number of hours of interaction on a weekly basis with the humans on your own block?

It almost sounds like some people would be happy simply plugged into a machine where their body was immobile 23 hours a day as long as they can "feel" like they are truly living in a virtual world. Break out of that machine and enjoy the real world with your real life body that has possibly been neglected due to making virtual interactions a higher priority than reality itself.

I just hope all this personally convenient technology will make a difference when the forces of evil finally reveal themselves and come to your community to let you know you are no longer an individual, but property of an unseen force barking orders to their enforcers to make all your efforts, your labors, your daily toils serve only them. At that point your only escape will be to immerse yourselves in the illusions they have entrapped your soul with as a distraction from the sad affair you have finally come to realize, that you ARE IN FACT just somebody else's PROPERTY. And with a chip in your head, eventually it will no longer even bother you.

I also will choose death before that dishonor. only the damned live forever. Embrace the inevitability of mortality, and you will have truly liberated your soul.

As far as this brain chip goes, based on the continued compounding rate of global events, it is highly doubtful the system which supports this rate of technological development will even last long enough to see Google's ambitions become reality. Humanity has been here before, and it will be here again. We are already close to next reset. I'll expect we will have this conversation again in another age far from now, just as it has already been discussed eons past.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Wow! There's people just lining up for this crap.

Common sense has just left the building - and humanity.

We are close to the end.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I bet there will be a war between the chipped and non-chipped when it finally happens, just as there is a secret war against so called schizophrenics and hallucinators today via stigma, medical dictatorship, and psych law that takes freedoms away and places them with 90$/month in a shared bedroom suffering voices, snorring, and forced meicine that once im leader of this country, will stop and give people proper blocking materials and knowledge on how to quell them. I know, you hate me so much because im so right.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

Looking at this crap, one has to ask - Who are the sane, and Who are the insane?

I agree with you - nature vs. mechanical.

Don't fool with mother nature - she always wins.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join