It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Future Plans Include Brain Chips

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Yes .... a chip in your head to access the search engine.

Stage one = Google Glass.

Independent - Google Future Plans Include Implanting Chip in Our Brains

The rapid evolution of mobile technology has brought new opportunities to a business generating annual revenue in excess of $50bn (£33.7bn). It began, just 15 years ago, as a service that enabled you to type a request into a personal computer and be given links to associated websites. Things have rather moved on. Soon Google hopes to have the ubiquitous presence of a personal assistant that never stops working, capable of conversing naturally in any language. Ultimately, as Page and co-founder Sergey Brin have asserted, the goal is to insert a chip inside your head for the most effortless search engine imaginable. Some will find this prospect exciting. Others might want to call for Dick Tracy.

The first stage of this new level of intimacy is Google Glass, which I am invited to trial as part of a briefing on the company's future plans.

Now bring in ... 'Knowledge Graph' ....

But none of these caveats can conceal the scale of Google's ambition. It is staking its future on a vast store of information called the Knowledge Graph, which is growing at an exponential rate. When it launched in May 2012, Knowledge Graph was a pool of 3.5 billion facts on 500 million of the world's most searched subjects. In a little over a year the knowledge held on the Google servers has grown to 18 billion facts on around 570 million subjects.

Now the question and concern .... a chip in your head that can access all that information ... what if the company holding all that information wants the flow of information to go the other way? Instead of YOU accessing your chip to get the information, the powers behind that company decide to flow things the other way and put information into your chip/brain?

I'm not a computer person. So perhaps because I"m not computer savy I don't 'get it'.
But honestly ... giving a corporation access to my brain on such an intimate level ....
YIKES! That's the word that comes to mind. Simply ... YIKES.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
trust me you dont want anything to do with neural monitoring brain chips, it sucks.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Allow me to be a bit more philosophical.

I can imagine the advent of "Knowledge Chips", but until we develop "Wisdom Chips" then all this will bring is more trouble.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And who knows if what is in the computer is accurate or not?
And if what is on the computer is tainted by bias and agenda!!
Who would want a chip in the brain that could flow information like that directly into you??

Spooky thought. Who controls the company that controls the chip .. etc etc

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

What if the chip were like Wiki? One (or more) persons opinion implanted in your head.

Politicians are probably drooling over the prospect. . . . .

But since I refuse to even get laser eye surgery, looks like I will remain a troglodyte.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Since when did we say Google can make God like decisions, after all if stick a chip in our brains isn't a God like decision what is?

Time to rope Google and any other corps who want to play God in, and make legislation to strip away their powers to create super technologies without public oversight and consent.
edit on 21-7-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

It sounds like one of those conveniences you might want to wait a few generations of development and observation of said development before getting on board.

Suffice to say, some career paths might not absolutely "require" the use of such augmentation, but, anyone not doing so may eventually find themselves at a disadvantage in what soon turns to a short lived run in that career path.
It'd eventually get to be equivalent to refusing to carry a cell phone or use a computer.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

It sounds like one of those conveniences you might want to wait a few generations of development and observation of said development before getting on board.

Suffice to say, some career paths might not absolutely "require" the use of such augmentation, but, anyone not doing so may eventually find themselves at a disadvantage in what soon turns to a short lived run in that career path.
It'd eventually get to be equivalent to refusing to carry a cell phone or use a computer.

And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18Here is wisdom. Let him that has understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred three score and six.

how did this knowledge come to us 2000 years ago? Time travel communications. Also i remember seeing on conspiracy sites back 10-15 years ago stories about a DNA data system they acronymed the B.E.A.S.T.

edit on 21-7-2013 by truthermantwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I personally am ok with this from google. It just seems like the logical next step in human advancement, to be able to interact with each other as a sort of synthetic telepathy, or to be able to take photos through your eyes and upload it directly to your feed. We shouldn't let fear stop us from moving forward should we?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Dodgy timing for Google to release this information, hot on the heels of the revelations of the total global spying network of the NSA being aided and abetted by Google itself...now they want to implant computer chips directly into the brains of the public?!

HOW many times has this been brought up as the goal of the controllers on this very website?

How many times has the very idea that TPTB plan to chip all of Humanity been scoffed at and ridiculed by 'the usual tptb arsekisser members' on here?

And now here we are, hearing it from the horses mouth...delicious.

Not for me though, thanks Google but i don't plan on becoming a cyborg whose entire being can be manipulated by programming a brain chip just yet.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
I personally am ok with this from google. It just seems like the logical next step in human advancement, to be able to interact with each other as a sort of synthetic telepathy, or to be able to take photos through your eyes and upload it directly to your feed. We shouldn't let fear stop us from moving forward should we?

I am trying hard to contain my anger at your post, thinking logically, how would you like it if i caused you a severe headache through your google chip, or hacked your subconcious mind? Started to make you hate yourself or omething..didn't think so.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

Please, go back to talking to and remote controlling UFOs, getting messages from time travelers, or watching out for all the gang stalkers including children following you around in black vans, or any number of the other stories you've presented in the hundreds of fanciful threads you've authored.

There's no call for all the religious mumbo jumbo.

Eventually, transhumanism will be a reality. We'll use our machines and inventions to direct our own evolution willfully on our own.
Eventually we may be 3D printing out entire biological replacement bodies and downloading our brains into these replacement bodies for life extension and eventual immortality.

There aren't any aliens, or biblical mythological hoodoo prophesies to do with it.
It's just technology, JUST LIKE the machine you're using right now to communicate on the internet.
I remember televangelist preachers raging against early computers, calling them agents of The BEAST, or somesuch.
Now everyone is using computers and they're no worse for it.
If you get an education and actually attempt to understand the technology that's developing instead f cowering in fear and giving the stink eye to every new nifty wizard thing that comes out, you'll find some benefits to the new and emerging technologies.

Of course, just like the Quakers and Amish, there will be a subset of humanity who choose to stay away from the "EVILS of Technology".

Embrace it or you'll be left behind and self marginalizing even more so than you do right now.
To each their own though.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

So you espouse transhumanism ay, wow that makes you both gifted and intelligent, way more intelligent than myself. yes ive said many things, thier true, you can acuse me all you want for your own agenda of ignorant bliss that ruins reality, go ahead walk through the door..CHIP..TELEPORT...SLAVE MACHINE INCOMING.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthermantwo

Originally posted by Samuelis

I am trying hard to contain my anger at your post, thinking logically, how would you like it if i caused you a severe headache through your google chip, or hacked your subconcious mind? Started to make you hate yourself or omething..didn't think so.

I'm already perfectly capable of hating myself without help from google.

But seriously, you would need to make sure you're running up to date anti virus software. You would be able to run a simple Mcaffee brain scan to make sure your self esteem is still intact.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Congratulations on your 1000th post, and doing it with humor as well.
McAfee?
Do you WANT your brain to get infected?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I understand your light hearted remarks and agreement with such a system, ive had fun times communicating using artificial telepathy, but if there is an audio function, it wont be like speakers you can just unplug, it will be hardwired to your audio cortex or whatever and if someone gets in they could program endless audio and you would promptly return to the hospital or beam center and want it removed. i guarentee it.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Haha thank you Druscilla.
I had actually noticed and was celebrating quietly to myself with some cheezles.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Eventually, transhumanism will be a reality. We'll use our machines and inventions to direct our own evolution willfully on our own. Eventually we may be 3D printing out entire biological replacement bodies and downloading our brains into these replacement bodies for life extension and eventual immortality.

You'll never take my humanity, which includes my original self, i refuse to become a 2nd generation copy of my former self. id rather die one death than be a fake copy unseen by the one TRUE GOD my creator whom i know dislikes my sin and immorality, but will shine a light and send me help to get out when i make that decision. Im still young, like to party, i dont need a computer chip to tell me not to, thats when i take a knife and stick in the outlet.

13And he does great wonders, so that he makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14And deceives them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. 15And he had power to give life to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

the sword is a psychic sword, i stuck it in..
that why it still "lives", it needs to be properly destroyed..

This your path if you agree with this technology. Eternal fire in hell, begging in thirst for water. But no one will answer you, and my death for refusal to worship and denial of past mistakes for not seeing my own deceived mind will be up to the Father in Heaven and the Lord Jesus Christ, much love Druscilla, find something else soon i hope.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Of course, just like the Quakers and Amish, there will be a subset of humanity who choose to stay away from the "EVILS of Technology".

Embrace it or you'll be left behind and self marginalizing even more so than you do right now.
To each their own though.

My new peeps!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthermantwo
I understand your light hearted remarks and agreement with such a short hort stem, ive had fun times communicating using artificial telepathy, but if there is an audio function, it wont be like speakers you can just unplug, it will be hardwired to your audio cortex or whatever and if someone gets in they could program endless audio and you would promptly return to the hospital or beam center and want it removed. i guarentee it.

It wouldn't be the best advertising for the product to have too many instances of people having their brains hacked. You have to remember we still live in a consumer driven society, and if it doesn't work properly or gets stuck looping one direction songs, almost nobody is going to want to get one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join