A Foot Soldier Throws Down His Gun

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Well I can dam sure bet he was about to retire anyway so this is hard from being a hero action. This is probably just another Acorn stunt to try and ruin America. United Americans can never lose and will prosper, divided we will fall to pieces and be slaves to another yet worse master.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Yes you are correct. Without a defense how will you live? Again we all know how this works and what happens if it doesn't.We fight ,that is what a soldier is,we aren't politicians ,philosophers or protesters.These are who must stop our misuse and the lies. Letting down our guard is biting you nose off to spite your faces.
And if you fail to figure it out I'm dead as are my brothers and sisters because THEY ARE MOVING AGAINST all of us. Pointing your collective fingers at us is puerile and a clear indicator who you are indeed serving to those of us skilled in WARFARE.
You ARE AMERICANS act like or die,not by me or some contrived racial crap but by oppressive apathy fed and distracted into you with expert planning money and of course all the pretty lies.
We dropped the ball by trusting them,tell me how YOU, ALL OF YOU, are doing so much better, at least I can and will fight.
And if they do win death is preferable.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Depends on which war you are fighting.

Nothing wrong with Afghanistan. Protecting young Afghan girls from getting their noses cut off by monsters is noble. That's worth dying for. That's worth getting disabled by combat wounds.

Syria...I don't know if we should get involved militarily there

The responsiblity for determining the correct fight can be mystifying for even the most informed nations like the USA in dealing with Syria. To2. Toe heads. If that is even right or correct.

The responsiblity for the correct fight isn't the foot soldier. It's the commander who places the soldier there in the fight. It's the commander's responsibility to place him in a noble fight. If he doesn't then you serve your time and get out..
edit on 21-7-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
If soldiers were to throw down their weapons and not fight, it would make waging war more difficult....For about 20 minutes. People are problematic little critters with consciences and health issues that complain about things, have bad days and can be inefficient.

Machines and computers are replacing workers for the same reason soldiers are being replaced by robots and drones, this world is going to be a mighty scary place in the not so distant future, and the corporations that produce these weapons will be protected from liability the same way big pharmaceutical companies are not responsible for death and damage through the use of their products.

When it comes right down to it, the only way to end warfare is to refuse to produce the weapons used to wage them, but once again, the industries are becoming mechanized. It's a conundrum and the only way to solve it is to approach the whole mess from a completely new direction, and then in come the drones and robots and banks with control of our resources to slap us down with no regard.

It won't be the utopia that was promised through technology and was never intended to be. It was and is all lies.

Enjoy!.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

1. Society as a whole is producing weaker people; mentally, socially and physically. 2. The increase in the size of military over the past 10+ years and the lowering of standards. 3. The economy driving people into the service who otherwise would have chosen another occupation.

I served from 1997-2005. I agree with your three reasons. I saw it firsthand when i was in the military how the recruits just got dumber and dumber and more and more "easily led".

I have been diagnosed with PTSD by the VA (after a few years of telling them something was wrong with me and getting blown off by them.) People that have not been there can not possibly understand.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I like to claim that I never had PTSD but looking at my actions post-deployment I could make the argument now that I did.

I know I did. But I kept telling myself what I had been hearing for so many years....

"Suck it up and drive on"!

I bet you wished you had a nickel for every time you heard that phrase.

I don't think war is a natural state for a human being. When people have to live in an unnatural state for so long there are bound to be psychological consequences.

edit on 22-7-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I see lots of folks asking why more soldiers don't "just quit" like this guy did.

This guy was a civilian contractor. CIVILIAN. He could "quit".

The guys that sign up for the military sign a contract. You basically sell yourself to the government for 4-6 years of your life. You can't legally just quit without going to jail. Otherwise, the U.S. military would have quite a high turnover rate when people get deployed first.

You can't quit. You can't leave. You can't even say anything detrimental about your unit, the mission or the united states army without having legal consequences implied.

Just something for the others to think about.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

Nothing wrong with Afghanistan. Protecting young Afghan girls from getting their noses cut off by monsters is noble. That's worth dying for. That's worth getting disabled by combat wounds.

That's funny. I went to afghanistan in 2004.

I never "protected" any young afghan girls. We barely ever patrolled any of the villages.

We sure patrolled the hell out of those poppy fields though. My butterbar told me its because, "that's the only way these poor farmers make a living."

What a load of crap.

If the number one export of afghanistan was broccoli do you think the US would have ever went there?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

When it comes right down to it, the only way to end warfare is to refuse to produce the weapons used to wage them, but once again, the industries are becoming mechanized. It's a conundrum and the only way to solve it is to approach the whole mess from a completely new direction, and then in come the drones and robots and banks with control of our resources to slap us down with no regard.

Personally, I think the only way war is ever going to end on this planet is if the human species dies out. But even then, monkeys do it too.

There has never been a period in history that was totally free of warring. Human brains evolved with the tribal mentality and it is still alive and well today. Even if there was some way to get rid of all the drones, tanks, rifles, people would just kill each other with their bare hands.

People seem to forget that we have been killing each other ever since the first two brothers existed, back when there was nothing to use but sticks and rocks.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

I know I did. But I kept telling myself what I had been hearing for so many years....

Oh, without a doubt. I do that to this day with everything. That's one of the greatest lessons I took from the Marine Corps....I know how to suck it up, deal with things on my own and push through.

I never went to the VA. I figured that was for people who really needed help...amputees and such. I used to resent people who claimed PTSD. Now I realize there are people who were seriously effected and enough isn't being done for them.

The only thing I have against this guy in the OP is that he's trying to use his 5 minutes of fame to basically advocate for desertion. One day he'll learn to own his own feelings. Either that or he'll throw his metals in the trash and become a successful Senator and then Sec of State.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Whats a butterbar and where did that name come from?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The only thing I have against this guy in the OP is that he's trying to use his 5 minutes of fame to basically advocate for desertion.

You can't really desert if you aren't enlisted.

That's the thing with the civilians, they can quit and just go home. If soldiers could just do that so easily then Darpa would have to get their Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminators ready real quick.

We would have some blackwater guys with us sometimes when I was downrange and I found the contractor types to be arrogant douchebags personally. They thought they were better than us regular joes even though they did the same things we did. They just got paid ALOT more money for it which totally irked me.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Whats a butterbar and where did that name come from?

Butterbar is a second lieutenant. Their rank insignia is a long gold bar that they wear. It looks like a stick of butter. They are usually the platoon officer in charge.

It is kind of a condescending term. Most officers fresh out from OCS think they are General Lee and Patton rolled into one. Usually these guys think they know more than the soldiers because they went to school for it.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Oh, without a doubt. I do that to this day with everything. That's one of the greatest lessons I took from the Marine Corps....I know how to suck it up, deal with things on my own and push through.

I never went to the VA. I figured that was for people who really needed help...amputees and such. I used to resent people who claimed PTSD. Now I realize there are people who were seriously effected and enough isn't being done for them.

The first time I went about a year after I got back. My family pretty much made me go. I kept telling them I was fine, but they saw me never sleeping and abusing the hell out of alcohol and such.

To make a long story short, they totally blew me off. I told the counselor before I left to go to hell and told myself I was never going to try to get "help" from that place again.

Fast forward 7 years and now I have to get expensive pain medicine from the cancer almost killing me. I don't have insurance, but I can get my meds for free from the VA. I had been having PTSD symptoms real bad and I mentioned it to my doctor. She set me up an appointment with their new counselor who I saw for several months there.

She said that most of her people that she counsels about PTSD are not returning war veterans. They are the older guys from the vietnam era. She said its normal if you have a fulltime job, family, and stuff to keep your mind occupied to not show any PTSD symptoms. Then all of a sudden when these guys retire and they have nothing but time on their hands then all hell breaks loose with them. I was in the same boat going from working 60 hours a week for years to literally doing much of nothing. So it made sense to me.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I couldn't read every single post sorry and if this has been said before sorry again. I believe that all wars are depopulation agenda's to kill as many people as they can while the puppet masters make a # load of money from the tax payers. They basically can kill two birds with one stone. Some join the military to try and change things but they can't as the PTB train them up to be killing machines and take experimental drugs to disable their emotions. So they aren't helping to stop the wars like they wanted as they signed up, they are the cause of the wars due to the drugs they are fed to stop their thinking process. The leaders of the world who are controlling this onslaught should be sent to gitmo they are the terrorists making people do bad things. Government says its against the law to kill someone when they have killed millions and not have been charged also people kill others in wars and they get a bloody award when they come home WTH. Anyway God will judge us all when the time is right hope your prepared.
edit on 7/22/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Cheers for the info on butterbars

I am glad you are getting help dude, you are far braver than myself and my hat goes off to you and others in your position.
Keep up the good fight dude.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I understand that but if you read the article this guy is advocating people desert.

I’ve always believed that if every foot soldier threw down his rifle, war would end. I hereby now, throw mine down.
OP's Source

It's just a bit much for my taste. He made his descision...no need leaning on others to follow. He reminds me of the John Kerry type. It's is right to speak out....he definitly earned that right. I just happen to think he's pouring it on a little deep and should chill. He's making himself look like a little punk IMO.

Just me $0.02!

edit on 22-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

We would have some blackwater guys with us sometimes when I was downrange and I found the contractor types to be arrogant douchebags personally. They thought they were better than us regular joes even though they did the same things we did. They just got paid ALOT more money for it which totally irked me.

Here's the kicker to contractors. They have to pay for their own healthcare and insurance, which is a lot more than Soldiers have to pay. That's one of the reason they get paid so well.

Can they be arrogent? Yep. But I also met some cool ones as well. The OGA's had some cool guys but for the most part, they were dicks. Most probably were forced out of the JSOC community because of it.
edit on 22-7-2013 by TDawgRex because: Big Paws and no thumbs

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You didn't even read the FIRST 3 LINES of the OP - let alone the actual link.....obviously! He was working for an industrial contractor, as a civilian. He didn't leave his "squad a man short".

But, it doesn't surprise me - your best trick is being oppositional just for the kick it gives you.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

See, that's not how I read it at all, seabag.
I imagine a battlefield, an actual fire-fight, where both sides get so exhausted and fed up with the gore and senseless destruction that they ALL just stand up, look at each other, and lay their weapons down. I don't think he was talking about 'running away in the night' - or going AWOL - which is 'desertion.'

Also, a few posts back you mentioned that they can "stop" serving when they want - and this is contrary to what I know of the military. Stop-loss can prevent them 'quitting', or call them back up ANYTIME after discharge.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join