Move over NSA, here comes the Obamacare Big Brother database

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Now we learn even more about Obamacare as we see more and more of 'what's in it'.

It looks like a massive database will be kept on YOU, ME, and everybody else too !!

This database will be at the fingertips of thousands of bureaucrats, many ill-trained, and many surely will be the nosy kind.

Not to mention the possible bribery and corruption that surely is well in the works too.

Just think, now we can deal with nosy ill-trained bureaucrats that will try to correct the mistakes of other nosy, ill-trained bureaucrats.

Good Luck.

And of course, the IRS is involved.

And naturally, the HHS says all this is 'secure'

Are WE supposed to just trust all this insanity ?

Read it and weep...

Would you trust thousands of low-level Federal bureaucrats and contractors with one-touch access to your private financial and medical information? Under Obamacare you won’t have any choice.

As the Obamacare train-wreck begins to gather steam, there is increasing concern in Congress over something called the Federal Data Services Hub. The Data Hub is a comprehensive database of personal information being established by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to implement the federally facilitated health insurance exchanges. The purpose of the Data Hub, according to a June 2013 Government Accountability Office (GAO) report, is to provide “electronic, near real-time access to federal data” and “access to state and third party data sources needed to verify consumer-eligibility information.” In these days of secret domestic surveillance by the intelligence community, rogue IRS officials and state tax agencies using private information for political purposes, and police electronically logging every license plate that passes by, the idea of the centralized Data Hub is making lawmakers and citizens nervous...........

So if you think the IRS targeting Tea Party groups was bad, just wait for the Obamacare Navigators to be unleashed.

“Trust us,” the administration says, no one will abuse the Data Hub.

Sure, because that has worked out so well in the past.

Move over NSA, here comes the Obamacare Big Brother database

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
WOW, you didn't get much traction here,

seems like an important topic to me.

As the Obamacare train-wreck begins to gather steam, there is increasing concern in Congress over something called the Federal Data Services Hub. The Data Hub is a comprehensive database of personal information being established by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to implement the federally facilitated health insurance exchanges. The purpose of the Data Hub, according to a June 2013 Government Accountability Office (GAO) report, is to provide “electronic, near real-time access to federal data” and “access to state and third party data sources needed to verify consumer-eligibility information.” In these days of secret domestic surveillance by the intelligence community, rogue IRS officials and state tax agencies using private information for political purposes, and police electronically logging every license plate that passes by, the idea of the centralized Data Hub is making lawmakers and citizens nervous.

They certainly should be; the potential for abuse is enormous. The massive, centralized database will include comprehensive personal information such as income and financial data, family size, citizenship and immigration status, incarceration status, social security numbers, and private health information. It will compile dossiers based on information obtained from the IRS, the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Defense, the Veterans Administration, the Office of Personnel Management, the Social Security Administration, state Medicaid databases, and for some reason the Peace Corps. The Data Hub will provide web-based, one-stop shopping for prying into people’s personal affairs.
- See more at: rare.us...

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This is not the first article I have seen that worries over our privacy.
These questionable "navigators" will have access to our most private info...and identity theft if bound to soar.

I think I'd almost rather pay the penalty.....
This fiasco is getting scarier and scarier as more info leaks out to the public.
edit on Sun Jul 21 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
This is not the first article I have seen that worries over our privacy.
These questionable "navigators" will have access to our most private info...and identity theft if bound to soar.

I think I'd almost rather pay the penalty.....
This fiasco is getting scarier and scarier as more info leaks out to the public.
edit on Sun Jul 21 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

One stop to all your information from death to birth, receive this chip or die
edit on 093131p://bSunday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I hate to sound too optimistic here, but perhaps with the Snowden revelations, the continued incompetence illustrated by the government, the onus of higher taxes being forced upon the American people, the delays of key parts of this tyranical takeover, maybe. . . just maybe. . . . . this thing will die before it can be inflicted upon the populace.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The health care data hub is huge bigger than NSA that was created with the care act

Then tie in the creation the the consumer protection bureau:

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) is looking to create a "Google Earth" of every financial transaction of every American, Sen. Mike Enzi (R-WY) warned today in a Senate speech opposing confirmation of Richard Cordray as CFPB director. - See more at: cnsnews.com...

cnsnews.com...

The largest expansion of spying of Americans in the last decade, and all they give a hoot about is the NSA

Hardly a peep about the datahub or the 'financial hub'.

Brought to you courtsey of the Care Act, and the Frank Dodd Act.
edit on 21-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wonderful....now I also have to get a fireproof container to stuff my money under the mattress.....but we'll probably soon find out cash is not allowed....especially to pay for doctor visits

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by neo96

Wonderful....now I also have to get a fireproof container to stuff my money under the mattress.....but we'll probably soon find out cash is not allowed....especially to pay for doctor visits

Eventually they will get rid of cash harder to track as most people use debit cards and credit cards these days.

So yeah one day probably soon cash will not be allowed because if you got it your a 'criminal'.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'd like to subscribe to your theory, Beezzer. Unfortunately, it describes my second thought, and not my first. My first thought goes like this: "Holy ####! So THAT was the whole purpose of Obamacare--to put this comprehensive Orwellian surveillance nightmare in place!"

There are reasons for wanting to have every known fact about every citizen in one place--and they have nothing to do (or only incidentally to do) with healthcare. It's on the fast track, and I'm afraid the database will still be in place even if Obamacare mercifully fails.

This is not good....

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

You make sense.

Healthcare reform, real healthcare reform would have included reducing costs, not finding ways to pay for the high costs.

It's always been about control, a central authority, information, and power.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hell, no wonder all of the politicians that thought up and designed this garbage didn't want it to apply to them....

They can't have all of THEIR information in this kind of database.... Someone might look at their personal information and notice too many "inconsistencies"... This just gets more and more depressing with every detail that comes to light.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The old proverb; "knowledge is power" is ringing in my head. What we are looking at could be the contemporary holy grail of power.

Through this collection of information it would not be unrealistic to manipulate, control, repress and predict.

With the above in mind, democracy would no longer be democratic, as those in power will have access to information that could predict future trends, reveal discension, reveal public opinion and allow for the development of greater controls over the population.

Like the original holy grail this could be something of great power and possess the potential for utter control.

I am both amazed and scared at what such a database represents.
edit on 21-7-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hot Damn! I was right on the money when the idea came to me last year.

See, with the database, if its 98% accurate, they'll know with 100% certainty how many men and women there are within that 98%. They'll know exactly how old they are. They'll know their racial background. They'll know where they live. And as the database grows over time, they'll know who is related to who.

So my guess as a way to save money for Obamacare, you get rid of the census bureau. Who needs an outdated census department that inaccurately counts people every 10 years, when the new system can count all of them in near real time.

A system like this is unavoidable for any modern country, so the question is, will they be able to lock up all this data and keep it out of the hands of political criminals?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Why is everybody mad now? Why didnt you get outraged 12 years ago when the patriot and victory acts broadcasted the intent by attempting to laying out the legal framework for most of it? What you thought they wouldnt act on it?

new topics

top topics

join