It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man saves his pet dog from rampaging raccoon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Looking at the video, the pet owner seems to act without hesitation.

I would venture to guess that most pet owners would do the exact same thing.

I do feel a bit bad for the raccoon though. I'm sure it wasnt personal on his end, he was probably just acting on instinct. Here's hoping that he had a pleasant landing.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I sure hope the dog and master had their Rabies shots.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

That is worrisome, a raccoon outright attacking a dog?I could understand it if the dog had gone after it.But with it able to get away and yet it stayed and fought? I hope that dogs rabies shots are current.I would take the dog to the vet in case the vet wants to give another rabies shot.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Absolutely I would jump in, my dogs are the nearest thing my wife and I have to kids.

Hell Id never hear the end of it if my wifes "favorite" dog was hurt and I let it happen lol.

But in all seriousness I have jumped in between my Dog and another Dog that attacked him, an Akita got in my yard and attacked my Lab. Lucky all it took was a good high powered hose (had been washing my car when it happened) Got right in between and hosed him down, sent the Akita running.

My lab lost a piece of ear, a tooth, and a small quarter sized chunk of fur and skin from her shoulder.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Heres what happened to me when trying to save my dog (he's ok BTW) but my hands weren't lol

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The relationship between a dog and its owner, is not so much about ownership; but companionship and symbiosis.
It's good to see that people care about their dogs this much. I would have done the same I suppose, but hehe, the racoon probably had the night of his life that day haha. Hope ot recovered and stayed away from dogs thereafter.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
WOW

Hope you and the pooch are ok.

And here is me thinking the racoons are all like this.

God I love the theme tune.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Yea I saw that video earlier.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Wow! Glad my dog kills racoons and brings them to me. He brings me at least 3 or 4 every summer. When he's tangling with one I just sit in the glider in the yard and watch- no way I'd ever stick my hands in there. Before anyone asks he gets his rabies shot every year, mainly because of the racoons. They multiply like rabbits around here.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

What were you saving him from?

new topics

top topics

join