It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashcroft Resigns!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Wow i didnt see that one coming. I wonder what this means for the direction Bush is taking this country. Who voluntarily gives up that power? Does anyone smell something funny or does everyone see this as normal? This will probably change the couse that our nation is going on a little bit hopefully for the better. Isnt it wierd how so many of the original Bush administratino are leaving maybe they dont want to be involved with Bush or his "doings"

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Kaiser617]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
He is finally gone! You see any similarities here?

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You didn't see it coming? Hiding under a rock I guess. Powell will resign next and Condi Rice will be the next Sec. of State.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Powell will leave, not sure who will be the SofS but Condi will be replaced as well as she is a complete no OP.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
OP? What does that mean? Sorry for being ignorant to that.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Check out this link. think its been covered.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
John Ashcroft is a true American hero who led the Department of Justice through some of the worst times in American history. From the moment of his appointment, Ashcroft was lambasted by the left for his strong moral standards and his religious faith, yet during his tenure the nation saw a phenomenal drop in the crime rate and his response to the 9/11 attacks were swift and sure. But for his health problems, the General might have served another four outstanding years.

Following the tragic attacks of September 11, 2001, Ashcroft reorganized the Justice Department to focus on its number one priority: to prevent another terrorist attack. Leveraging every legal tool available to law enforcement, including the critical tools provided in the USA PATRIOT Act, the Justice Department initiated a tough antiterrorism campaign that has assisted in disrupting over 150 terrorist plots worldwide, dismantling terrorist cells in 6 cities across America, and convicting 191 individuals in terrorism-related investigations to date.

Violent crime has dropped to a 30-year low as the Department has employed tough tools and tough penalties against criminals who have victimized the innocent. The Department has implemented President Bush�s Project Safe Neighborhoods� initiative, increasing federal gun prosecutions by 68%. The war on drugs has been reinvigorated and the country is celebrating record lows in student drug use while government seizures of heroin have doubled in two years. The Department developed the government�s first ban on racial profiling by federal law enforcement, successfully resolved decades-long civil rights investigations, and worked to bring communities together in a way that respects the rights of all Americans. At the direction of President Bush, the Department established the Corporate Fraud Task Force to restore integrity to the marketplace by cracking down on companies and corporate executives who abused the trust of their employees and investors.

www.usdoj.gov...

The only criticisms of Ashcroft I ever heard were from those who despise honesty, integrity, and morality and, most of all, Christians. He will be missed.

[edit on 04/11/9 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Grady, that is one way to look at him...

Thankfully, one of the scariest men to ever reign at the helm of Attorney General has resigned. This guy was one of the biggest supporters of the Patriot Act. He is the guy who sought to cover the naked breast of Lady Justice. (I don't remember what she is called. It's the lady who holds the scales blindfolded) He believes calico cats are harbingers of the devil. He is scary and I for one am grateful he is gone.

And if you don't believe he is scary, just ask the good folks of Missouri. You know, the folks who would rather vote for a dead guy than vote for Ashcroft...and Ashcroft was the incumbant(sp?).

Hopefully, the person who takes over the spot is not on par with him in the creepy factor.

Just fixed it...

[edit on 11/10/2004 by OXmanK]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
He is the guy who sought to cover the naked breast of Lady Liberty.

I would guess that Ashcroft got tired of photographers placing a naked breast next to his head everytime he gave a press conference. The Attorney General doesn't have the power attributed to Ashcroft. Whatever problems people have with the Patriot Act, blame has to be distributed througout the government.

Extraordinary times require extraordinary measures and I'm just glad we had an Attorney General who was willing to do what was best for his nation and not what was in his own best interest.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK

He is the guy who sought to cover the naked breast of Lady Liberty. (I don't remember what she is called. It's the lady who holds the scales blindfolded)

She is called Justice or ( Lady Justice) She is a depiction of the Ancient Roman Themis, the goddess of justice and law

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Ashcroft was a pro-facist nazi and I hope the door hits his arse on the way out hard enough to remind him that we never wanted his sweaty fear mongering in the first place. Tom Ridge is bowing out as well, America will not mourn their loss. Grady, you can have 'em, they dealt a mighty blow to freedom.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Lets see what ape the chimp pulls out of hes sleeve after Asscraft

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
People if you have problems with the patriot act don't blame Bush and Dont blame Ashcroft as neither one is responsible for either writing or passing it.
The patriot act was written by the democrats during clintons reign under the name of the Anti-terrorism omnibus act and was defeated in congress.
Then After 9/11 it was renamed the patriot act and passed into law by a staggering majority of both republican and democratic congressmen and senators.
Neither Bush nor ashcroft has the authority to make laws.
If you don't like the patriot act the find out who your congressman and senator is and tell them about it instead of whining about Bush or ashcroft.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The few people tha actually stood up the undebated patriot act are the ones that received envelopes of US military strains of anthrax, Paul Wellstone, the only senator to openly opposed the war in Iraq dies in a freak plane crash. Now you tell me what your congressman is going to do for you? Bought your senator a steak dinner lately, or made huge contributions to their campaigns? Complaining to criminals about criminality in the system is like barking at the moon.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_a_pilot
You didn't see it coming? Hiding under a rock I guess. Powell will resign next and Condi Rice will be the next Sec. of State.

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
Powell will leave, not sure who will be the SofS but Condi will be replaced as well as she is a complete no OP.

Still don't know what an OP is?? Hmmm, didn't want to say it when asked the question? Rice will be confirmed the next Secretary of State and she will be good at it. Her biggest hurdle is her gender. She would do well to get with Albright and talk about the Middle East. Most of the nations don't recognize women let alone women in power. THIS aught to be interesting. Congrats to Ms. Rice on her nomination

[edit on 11/17/2004 by just_a_pilot]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Bush nominated his personal lawyer Gonzalez, I think his name is. His adviser that told him the Geneva Convention was out dated and no longer applied so it was OK to torture people. Yea things are getting better

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Who cares? So he is a lawyer to President Bush. What I do want to know though is why he left the Air Force Academy. His four year enlistment included the Academy but why did he leave? Did he have to pay back the Air Force for those two years? Surely he must have signed something saying he would do four at the academy then 6 active duty.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_a_pilot
Who cares? So he is a lawyer to President Bush. What I do want to know though is why he left the Air Force Academy. His four year enlistment included the Academy but why did he leave? Did he have to pay back the Air Force for those two years? Surely he must have signed something saying he would do four at the academy then 6 active duty.

Yeah your right, who cares
here this is for you and your sweetheart and brother in arms Grady to ponder

Polar Bear

The SPEAKER pro tempore. Under a previous order of the House, the gentleman from Texas [Mr. Gonzalez] is recognized for 60 minutes.

Mr. GONZALEZ. Mr. Speaker, for many years I have been concerned that the U.S. financial system is vulnerable to abuse. I have said that for some 27 years. Though much attention has rightly been paid to the savings and loan scandal, foreign bank supervision has been almost nonexistent. Therefore, since becoming chairman I set course on exploring the inadequacies of supervision and regulation of foreign banks. As a result, the committee has had considerable success in tightening up the laws governing foreign banking operations in the United States. My main concern has been, and continues to be that foreign banks, which command well over three-quarters of a trillion dollars in assets in the United States, can easily abuse the U.S. financial system for nefarious purposes.

Exhibit A is the BNL scandal. Poor bank supervision allowed BNL's small Atlanta branch to loan over $4 billion to Iraq between 1986 and 1990 without reporting the loans to bank regulators or the bank's headquarters in Rome. What is worse, over $2 billion of the BNL loans went to Iraq's Ministry of Industry and Military Industrialization otherwise known as MIMI. MIMI used this illicit supply of cash to fund its secret military technology procurement network and to purchase technology for Iraqi weapons projects including the Condor II ballistic missile, Gerald Bull's super gun and Iraq's clandestine nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons programs.

The story of the Banca Nazionale del Lavoro affair is complicated in its details, but very simple in its outlines. Caught up in the costs of a protracted and ghastly war with Iran, Iraq needed food and military equipment. After the war, Iraq was determined to build its own military capability--both because Saddam Hussein wanted to remain the biggest military power in the Arab world, and because he wanted to build weapons of mass destruction, which he could not buy.

BNL was one of the key elements of Saddam Hussein's efforts to buy food and military know-how. this bank provided the most important financial link. But to accomplish his aims, Saddam Hussein had to operate in secret--and so he set up an elaborate clandestine military procurement network that operated in this country and throughout Europe.

www.fas.org...

Think about IT and read about and get back to me

p.s. He is in the Bush ciminal dynasty and probably used the same political
connections georgie used to get his coked up head out of guard service open your eyes next time you wake up

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Polar Bear]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Polar Bear

Think about IT and read about and get back to me

p.s. He is in the Bush ciminal dynasty and probably used the same political
connections georgie used to get his coked up head out of guard service open your eyes next time you wake up

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Polar Bear]

Um dude or er dudette whichever is the case. Um you have the wrong Gonzales. Bush nominated Alberto Gonzales not Henry Gonzalez! LMAO

Not everything is a conspiracy.

[edit on 11/17/2004 by just_a_pilot]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I don't think you follow pal, same family.

When forced to retire in 1998 after 37 years because of heart problems, Gonzalez only reluctantly gave up the office to his son Charlie. 'I am happy to be here' was all he said on the floor of the House when Charlie Gonzalez was sworn in as his replacement in January 1999. But Henry B. didn't look happy. He looked miserable. He wanted the filibuster to go on forever" (Texas Monthly, January 2001).

Gonzalez said the staff is going the week "with no regrets and hopeful for everybody�s personal future and proud of Chris Bell�s accomplishments."

An ethics complaint filed by Bell led to admonishments of House Majority Leader Tom DeLay.

"In his short time here, he�s made a bigger difference than many members who�ve been here longer," Gonzalez said. "He fought for the integrity of the institution."

Posted to MyPlainview: NOVEMBER 15, 2004 21:56 CST Seven Texans who will join Congress next year lunched with President Bush Monday, while seven departing Democrats were clearing out offices for their final days in Congress.. . .

www.myplainview.com...

We urge the U.S. Senate to carefully scrutinize the record of Alberto Gonzales, whom President Bush has nominated to succeed John Ashcroft as attorney general.

Mr. Gonzales has an impressive background, serving in Texas on the state Supreme Court and as secretary of state. He most recently has been counsel to Mr. Bush and held a similar post when the president was governor of Texas. He would be the first Latino to become attorney general.etc...

Then there is Mr. Gonzales' position as White House counsel. He issued the now infamous Jan. 25, 2002 "Memorandum for the President" which stated that the Geneva Convention on the Treatment of Prisoners of War "does not apply to the conflict with al-Qaida" or "to the Taliban," meaning almost anyone the government declared was involved in the war on terror arbitrarily could be held in prison without anyone knowing they were there or getting legal counsel.

www.vvdailypress.com...

Apparently you know very little about politics and even less about Texas Politics
it is all the same Texas Family now if you think you know go back and finish reading. And figure out who sponsered Sadam. I never said they were the same person. You understand yet SON

top topics

<<   2 >>

join