It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I'm 50 and this is what I've learned so far.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I've learnt nothing useful in 51 years but I'm still willing to learn something someday lol :/
I haven't had a calling yet and I hope whatever it is hurries up cos me joint pains are gettin worse every year

have a great day Jude

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50
reply to post by jude11

I've learnt nothing useful in 51 years but I'm still willing to learn something someday lol :/
I haven't had a calling yet and I hope whatever it is hurries up cos me joint pains are gettin worse every year

have a great day Jude

What you have learned is that you still don't know what you have learned.

That speaks of willingness to learn IMO.

Peace

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I suppose I've learnt how to kick shins and run away so I have learnt how to run faster than most gurlies of my age

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Well happy birthday Jude. Hope you have a great day, And there's some good advice there for sure. And i hope you get something nice

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
In my best singing voice.

Happy birthday to youuuuu
Happy Birthday to yoooo ahooooo
Happy Birthday Jude one one one...
Happy Birthday to a hoo youuuuuu.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Please don't make this a B-Day thread as it's not my intention. Rather just a reflection of a life that has existed for 50 yrs and a few things I need to get out there...
Thank you for your advices my friend,I still have so many years until I will reach that age,this why I will keep them in mind.

I don't know if they can apply at my age.

Happy Birthday to you my friend.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Great thread, Jude! S&F

But, I unfortunately I have eight more years of life under my belt and I can see things more clearly than you. Ya see, since coming to ATS I have learned soooo much, so please allow me to edit some of the things on your list.

1. Don't try to make everyone fit your perception of the norm. It won't work and would also be really boring.

Understand that NO one can fit your perception of the norm because everyone is either a Reptilian from the planet Ickibicki, a demon or a Hobbit.

2. Forget when possible and when not possible, forgive.

You can only remember what the government has fed you through the manipulation of MSM, and whatever you're breathing in from those chemtrails makes you passive and manageable. Forgiveness is assured because once our guns are taken away there'll be nothing left to fight with.

4. If someone smiles at you...return it. It's not always a sign of weirdness.

If someone smiles at you they're probably from the government and have been following you for years.

6. People aren't perfect...including you.

And that's why we now have drones flying overhead and watching our every move.

10. Be kind to the elderly, mentally disabled, children, the less fortunate and animals. They share your same dreams of peace, a warm home, full belly, love and in the last case, a good slipper to chew on.

Yes, be kind to them because the GMO's in their food (and in the slipper) is designed to shorten their lifespan.

You see! Thanks to ATS I am wiser than all of you, and I have come to grips with my alien abduction, and the fact that my father is a Sasquatch.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Nice one sir.

How do I add you as a friend?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

HEY JUDE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY It's so NIFTY Jude 11 is FIFTY !
Thank you for your wisdom and advice.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Happy birthday! I'll be joining your spot in the history books in 8 more years. Yikes!! Hard to believe how time flies eh?
Anyway, it's interesting you posted this thread because I was doing some reflecting too. Made a similar thread a little while ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Wonderful thread Jude! I know you didn't want to turn this into a birthday thread, but it is your birthday and one that should be celebrated. so...

Hope your day is special in every way!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Lovely idea 4 a post. I'm 54 and my greatest observations are:-

1) Their are only two constants in this life, the Universe and Human stupidity.

2) Not many who can spell gum and chew it at the same time.

Cheers.

SaulBass
edit on 21-7-2013 by CHALLENGER1959 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
heard a rumor that all the heat from you'r birthday candles have been starting forest fires

how is the hangover today young un

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
heard a rumor that all the heat from you'r birthday candles have been starting forest fires

how is the hangover today young un

Nope...too many for the cake. Just a big-ass one in the center.

Surprisingly no hang-over today...that's for tonight as I had to open the bakery today and hot ovens + alcohol DO NOT mix well in the morn.

Learned that the hard way (many times). Maybe that should have been on my list as well?

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
don't piss facing the wind

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699
don't piss facing the wind

Or fry bacon in the nude?

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link