It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BHO is registered to vote as Barry Soetoro

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I think riling the birthers may be exactly what it's about. Another subtle and back channel nudge to get that distraction fired back up.

Obama is pathetic on this stuff, and I'm not sure THIS was him, but enough other games have been. He could have cleared up all of this in 2008 and chose not to. He DID release almost everything that everyone asked for in 2010 but sure didn't make any big production about it and still ridicules rather than making all the FOIA stuff available in an easy to find and handle way.

The end result is, he plays off the best of both worlds. On one hand, he can say he's legal and it's all nonsense ...THEN show where it's all in the public domain to prove it. On the other? Not making any big deal of telling anyone it's out there, even when it comes up, lets people make their own assumptions and fight some more. All to his great amusement on this issue, I've come to think.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Even if it was a scam by a birther or some such...would it make Barry O any more of a trustworthy gentleman?

Jus' wonderin'...

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Shows how easy it is to fake a voter I.D. card

I wonder how many more places have Barry 'registered'

I bet he can even vote in foreign countries

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

If not made up wholesale - my guess would be some idiot who managed to slide a prank voter registration in just so that the birthers could have a feeding frenzy for awhile.

Must be Sum Ting Wong if anybody could slip one past our people that way.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

At no point in the article does it say BHO is the registrant. The WND charletons are too smart for that.

The article says: "Barry Soetoro' registered to vote in D.C." and at no time claims that it is really Obama. Yes, of course, WND is trying to suck people like you in, and seems to have succeeded, but WND didn't actually make the claim.

The thing is, the stunt was probably encouraged by, if not actually performed by them. And the screen shot was undoubtedly altered by someone connected to the WND story.

You folks are wondering why/how the website was altered after the WND screen shot. I want to know why WND would stoop to inventing the story and faking up the screen shot.

edit on 21/7/2013 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

WND picked up the story here:

“Barry Soetoro” Has Registered to Vote at White House Address

pjmedia.com...

Just checked the webpage and it is back to the screenshot image in the article. Not "Republican" anymore.

In my view, it is worse if it is a fraud because it illustrates the ease at which one can trick the system.

Oh, well................ What goes around comes around.

I'm done.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

In my view, it is worse if it is a fraud because it illustrates the ease at which one can trick the system.

Thing is, the system has not been tricked at all.

The registration is not accepted, it is "pending" the arrival of the required documentation. When that doesn't materialize it will be rejected. That is the system working as it is supposed to work, not being tricked.

It is you that is being tricked that this thing might have some kind of validity to it.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

You do realize that nobody would be stupid enough to commit a felony like voter fraud, just to play a stupid prank on "The Birther's" right? That seems so ridiculously detrimental to ones own cause, at the gain of a good chuckle.....

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Actually I was not suggesting that anyone would do this to play a prank on birthers. I suggested that birthers might do something like this to muddy the waters. Historically it does not seem out of character with certain elements of their movement at all. Spurious filings are rather common in that regard.

As for a felony charge? There is a voter registration to a Barry Soetoro... I am guessing that if law enforcement were to raid the address in question, they would not find anyone by that name present - IE tracing the origination point would probably prove quite difficult, if not impossible.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magister
At first I thought it was a prank. So I entered his current name. But it's not registered. Could he be going to Chicago to vote? Strange!

YES...He votes in Chicago as that is his premenent residence...

YES...WND celebrates BS on a regular basis.

YES...Anyone can enter online registration to vote but NO it is not legit until a signed application is reviewed and authenticated.

Here...you can enter anything you like for a name and information...then you need to follow it up with a full application...
www.dcboee.org...
edit on 22-7-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This sounds like something Cass Sunstein's crew would whip up to see how long it took to go viral..

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

"then you need to follow it up with a full application... ",,,,,and,, where might that take us too?,,ie: kept where ,this paper of which u speak?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by Indigo5

"then you need to follow it up with a full application... ",,,,,and,, where might that take us too?,,ie: kept where ,this paper of which u speak?

You are missing the point...I can fill out an online form in DC for a "PENDING" application to vote with the name "Bob AtHome" and it will show "pending" online. It then needs to be followed up by a full-application and reviewed before the applicant is actually registered to vote.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

full-application and reviewed,,,,,yes,,,,and????

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

full-application and reviewed,,,,,yes,,,,and????

And this shows "pending"...so....

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

pending since the initial timestamp of the on-line application,,,and being pending,,was never approved,, so if that person actually voted,,,,,it would be fraud.,,,,yes/no??,,,not sure how your system works.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Pending as in the fake application can not vote, has no voter registration card until the application is filled out and registered in person, with proof of residence and name etc. Then they recieve a Voter registration card.

See the website that this originated from:

Please complete all items on this form, print and sign your application, and return it by mail. You are not officially registered to vote until the Board of Elections has approved this application, and District law requires us to obtain an original signature to complete your voter registration.

If you are registering to vote for this first time and submit this application by mail, you may be required to submit a current and valid photo identification or a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or other government document that shows your name and address with this application or present it the first time you vote in a federal election. Your mailed application must be postmarked by the 30th day prior to an election for you to be eligible to cast a ballot; after that date, you can only register to vote in person.

www.dcboee.org...

For effs sake...ANYONE can fill out any name they like and it will be listed "Pending" when you check back.

Wow...can't believe the birthers still live.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

did the applicant actually vote, and is there an actually record of this applicant,,voting?.,,,i think thats what everyone is wating too hear,,,,yes/no??,,waiting with baited breath.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

did the applicant actually vote, and is there an actually record of this applicant,,voting?.,,,i think thats what everyone is wating too hear,,,,yes/no??,,waiting with baited breath.

How would this applicant vote when according to the evidence they don't have a voter registration card and have only filled out an online form????

Are you OK? Or just trolling? Did you read the excerpt from the website above?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Baited breath? I surprised you can breathe at all! I understand you are just trolling, but this has got to be the lamest, most stupid, troll in the history of trolling.

A pending registration is not an authority to vote. No fraud has taken place. The registrant appears on no polling booth list. No vote has been made by the putative 'registrant'. By the way, has there been an election since the application was built?

All that has been done is some wag has put a fake application into the system. He could have used the name 'Mickey Mouse' and the entry would still be in the system, and in fact it probably is, unless they have got tired of pranksters and programmed checks to keep characters like Mickey and Donald (Duck not Trump) and Daffy out of the system.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join