It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spooky Smoke Alarm and Guru

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Here is a weird experience I have had with the TV, a cult figure and my smoke alarm. I would like to get feedback on this.

On my cable system on a public channel there is a cultist who has a sit down religious show from time to time. He and a few of his followers sit in his living room and he waxes philosophical for an hour or so.

Here's the problem

While channel surfing I have watched his show occasionally but lately every time I watch more than a minute or so MY SMOKE AND CARBON MINOXCIDE ALARM STARTS GOING OFF!. . . Something that literally has never happened in my abode.

I counted about 18 times that I did this turning from that channel to another were the alarm kept going off and on depending whether I was tuned into the cultists show or not.

I turn to other channels the smoke alarm is silent
I turn back to this guy and the alarm starts going off
I stay a few minutes and the alarm goes off again.
I turn the channel and the alarm stops.

When I turn from this show or when the program goes off the alarm is silent the rest of the night

This has happened 3 times at least the last times I viewed this show.
In-fact I had told 3 of my friends about this and the last time it happened I called one of them and he heard the alarm every time I turned this guys show on.

I thought it may be the channel but when I turn to that channel when the show in question is off the alarm never goes of.

Any suggestions other than stop watching TV?

edit on 20-7-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2013 by Willtell because: spelling

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Its not a smoke alarm, its a BS detector.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
DP
edit on 20-7-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

zing!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

You guys don't believe me? But this is a true story.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

That is a weird story Willtell!

Do you have a video recorder/camcorder/cell phone that records,
to record when this happens?

Would love to see it!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Its not a smoke alarm, its a BS detector.

If that was the case the alarm would go bat# whenever he viewed ATS.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I would get someone in to check your heaters etc, maybe you are having a CD leak...better to be safe than sorry.
And then get a new alarm.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Not sure but it sounds spooky. I would guess it had something to do with the channel but not if it only happens with one program. Maybe it has something to do with the guys voice?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

No I don’t have vcr access on my TV system.

People will just have to believe me,

I did call 2 friends the last time it happened and they heard the alarm.

One suggested it may be the network station but I believe the program is prerecorded and on htis channell no other program does this happen.

It’s no big thing. . . being towards the mystical, many similar things occur but this one I have no idea what it could be.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
maybe he's broadcasting from HELL!!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by playernumber13

Not sure but it sounds spooky. I would guess it had something to do with the channel but not if it only happens with one program. Maybe it has something to do with the guys voice?

Possibly. But what in his voice would provoke a Smoke and Carbon dioxide detector I don’t know how many miles away.

I am a pc and electronics expert and mystic, so maybe the gods are playing with me.

One friend suggested my house was haunted

When this first happened I thought it a fluke, but 2 or three other times is a mystery.

And I swear to God this stops every time the show is off.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Replacing the alarm might fix it.
yep. Dunno why it would do it on only one show though.

Maybe some signal interfering with the smoke detector, but that's a serious stretch.
Never heard of a tv channel messing with a smoke alarm.

I have a total of 134 apartments, and nothing like this happens unless someone takes a really hot shower and leaves their bathroom door open. Sets off alarms all the time.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Some of the new smoke alarms are designed so they have wireless integration into a network inside your house. I have a set that does this, so if I have a fire or CO alert in my garage, the alarms on the other side of the house, where the bedrooms are located, also go off.

If I were you, the first thing I'd check is if the TV remote is somehow activating the alarms.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Tompdx3

That’s a good one. Anything’s possible

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

That's a good idea there!

You never know with all of these new gadgets.
Could also be dust particles, or if someone shoots a laser beam into a smoke detector, anything that breaks the little beam in it.
Especially the new ones
edit on 20-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Oh, it's not that at all. That was just a good one liner. The B.S. detector would have been detecting the cultist's bull.

It is quite strange though.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Another thing to check...
I assume that this show is always on at the same time of day?
What else is going on at that time?
Are your neighbors cooking dinner? Do you have something that is on a timer clicking on, like your water heater? Furnace?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Some of the new smoke alarms are designed so they have wireless integration into a network inside your house. I have a set that does this, so if I have a fire or CO alert in my garage, the alarms on the other side of the house, where the bedrooms are located, also go off.

If I were you, the first thing I'd check is if the TV remote is somehow activating the alarms.

Now that makes sense. I do have wireless.

If that is true then this public channel or this guys house is broadcasting a signal to my smoke alarm…that’s deep.

Of course if he is doing it; he may be doing it to get followers.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Or, maybe your neighbors also have wireless, and just happen to be burning the evening dinner at about the same time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join