It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama keeping black community down

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I watched the Presidents speech yesterday, and unlike many people I thought that it was fine for him to talk about the Zimmerman trial, seeing as how it is became an issue on many peoples minds (thanks to the media and his previous comments).

Having said that, the content of his speech infuriated me.

He talks about how the system is skewed against blacks, and honestly I somewhat agree. I think it has more to do with economic factors of the black community than skin color, but I digress.

The real thing that angered me is that the reasons that many of these problems exist is because of Obama!

The big reason that many blacks are incarcerated, profiled by police, and in poverty is Obamas war on Drugs.

He claimed as a senator that the war on drugs was a bad idea, but now that he is president he has ramped up these efforts.

And this war has a direct effect on the black community.

During President Obama’s first three years in office, the arrest rate for marijuana possession was about 5 percent higher than the average rate under President George W. Bush. And in 2011, marijuana use grew to about 7 percent, up from 6 percent in 2002 among Americans who said that they had used the drug in the past 30 days. Also, a majority of Americans in a Pew Research Center poll conducted in March supported legalizing marijuana.

www.nytimes.com...

And Black "leaders" were upset with him over this too.

A group of social justice activists, including Rev. Jesse Jackson, rallied in Washington Monday to protest the Obama administration and its so-called "war on drugs," which they say has unfairly targeted black communities across the country.

www.usnews.com...

In addition to this, Obama's economic policies have disproportionally effected the poorest Americans, many of which include the black community.

NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Jealous said Sunday that black Americans “are doing a full point worse” than when President Obama first took office.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Now he gives this speech, and people all over the country, including some here on ATS are eating it up.

How dare he talk about these issues as if he isn't a contributing factor.

Isn't it obvious that he doesn't care about the black community other than to verbally placate them so they will continue to support him. He sees that people are waking up and realizing just because he looks a certain way doesn't mean he is helping people that look like him. So he has to say something that will make him look like he is sticking up for the black community.

And because he is so disingenuous it actually leads to his speech having the reverse effect of what people are hoping it will do. It is dividing us.

But that is what he wanted all along. The sad apart is that there are problems regarding race in this country, but we will never be able to solve them because the powers that be on both sides of the aisle, Republican and Democrat, just use rhetoric to keep us all divided so they can continue to be corrupt and push there agenda.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
and it makes u look like a country divided,,in the worlds eyes,,those eyes that, are sharpened ,with,,lip smacking,,,,well,,
,,,good luck.we all need it.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Even BET has recognized the dangers of NAACP..
www.bet.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I was at a bus stop the other day (part of my daily commute) and we were actually discussing this. No one person in our little chat was Caucasian. We were discussing Martin/Zimmerman and the host of issues.

One thing we all agreed on is that the biggest problem in the "Black Community" was that there was a "Black Community".

We segregate ourselves. By race, by religion, by economic status.

As long as we continue to do that, this self segregation, then there will always be oppourtunist-politicians willing to profit off segregation.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by introV

Excellent article.

Thats the point I am trying to make. Many black people are realizing that Obama hasn't done anything for them, and he realizes it. So all he had to do was wait for a case to come up, gin up racial tensions, and use cheap, cheap words to make it look like he is looking out for the average black man.

Newsflash! Obama doesn't care about the average black man! In fact more importantly, Obama doesn't care about the average man, woman or child period, regardless of color. He only cares about his corporate masters.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I agree with you that having a "black community" seems to divide us.

But we can't be naive. It is human nature to gather with like minded individuals. Rather it be geographic, economic, age or skin color, we all use all of these thing to gather in "communities". For example, Catholics, Yankee fans, Veterans, Old people, all of these are groups or communities.

Not only is this inevitable, it should be celebrated. To a certain extent, segregation is good. Now not when make laws, or providing opportunities, but in other areas of life. It encourages difference, which is good. This is how ideas formulate.

For example, the blues were created because one community came together and spoke to each other, as did almost all forms of art.

The key is to not lash out at people in different groups, and to treat everyone with respect.

Like it or not, skin color still is something people recognize, and as a result may come together as a result of.

The problem is when people start to claim they speak for these communities. It is belittling to the members of those communities to claim they are monolithic and all share the same opinion.

People like Sharpton are vile arrogant worms that use there platform for personal gain, and seek only to divide a wedge between all people.

But I wouldn't begrudge someone the ability to come together in a community with people of their skin color because of people like that.

edit on 20-7-2013 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

You cant really blame obama on that. the war on drugs has been around for a long time and it will never stop. If it did our economy would probably collapse.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
and it makes u look like a country divided,,in the worlds eyes,,those eyes that, are sharpened ,with,,lip smacking,,,,well,,
,,,good luck.we all need it.

Please wake up and smell the beverage of your choice! THe Country is divided on racila lines. Due process was performed during the Zimmerman trial and his background shows he was not a stone cold racist but colour has be the driving foce behind all the hot air spouted by Blacks and Whites!

The reason why race is an issue is because of history and an inability for both sides to have an honest dialogue and make changes. Instead we see pro and anti affirmative action fights and people talking as if the other side is monolithic and homogenous.

When will it ever end!!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Obama keeping black community down

Yes and no... because it is not so much Mr. Obama as those in our media, and people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton that are misleading so many to remain in the bondage of chains long gone.

Obama plays a small role because of his office... but the core is closer to the street level.

I fear the African-American community is being terribly misled... taken to a belief that the whole world is against them... and if they accept this spot being shoved at them, the whole world will then kneel to their every need.

It's horrible because it prevents equality by way of fear to join all around them of all ethnic backgrounds and because they are expecting something above and beyond equality,.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Wow all of these expwerts on the black community yet said experts know non-statistically significant levels of black people. One of the first signs of racism is the turn of the person with a different skin colour into OTHER.

Just an observation

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

It appears that Obama is trying to balance the populations energy being fueled by racial tensions & ignorance so 1 cannot say the is attempting to keep the Sapiens sapiens negro community down.

1 has observed the many laws shared in the OP and some statistically do make some points that more Sapiens sapiens negro and or the more poor of the nation are catching the slack & prison time from these new updated old laws. But currently he seems to be attempting to keep things from getting out of control to the point were those camps everyone worries about Sapiens sapiens negro & Sapiens Sapiens caucasian just say sapiens sapiens in general , trying to keep things cool so those camps stay invalid not filled with domestic terrorist... So 1 does not think again he is attempting to cause more aggression.

Perhaps there are Sapiens sapiens elite model powers (hidden) but not in soul --- just in flesh on EA*RTH somewhat who may be edging or pushing certain agenda on Obama as well as other individuals that may be seeming forced out in open to represent when tensions rise? subjectively speaking.

hmm Those model powers are equivalent to model powers of past that may have had influences on past presidential agenda activities. And so WHO? if thats the case or the interest...

Sapiens sapiens negro on the land mass AMERICANAZ specifically has been exposed to ignorances in the past by Sapiens Sapiens caucasian Yes... Somehow this is still the fuel for hatred today?

(specifically speaking because in the AFRICANAZ land mass directly its negro on negro Sapiens sapiens hate (not only) but on a wider scale-STILL SAPIENS SAPIENS ON SAPIENS SAPIENS HATE-? so specifically speakin on the AMERICANAZ)

Due to the ignorances in the past specifically, speaking on U.S.A issues related to Slavery with (Sapiens sapiens caucasian byers outside from AMERICANAZ dealings with Sapiens sapiens negro sellers inside native AFRICANAZ) and jim crow type laws in the AMERICANAZ and activities associated, many sapiens sapiens negro developed animosity with sapiens sapiens caucasian in the past and its affected negatively GENERATIONS since, in the U.S.A somewhat...

Its gotten better with the youthful minds over generations from then and now breaking the RACE barrier thank GOD
denying the logic in the racial ignorances. But racism still has ways to go but not much to be a complete memory of the past.

This is why today many Sapiens sapiens of multiple race (barriers) still 1? have conflict here in the AMERICANAZ from the past hate limiting development of the future potential due to ignorance.

And in the past those who HAVE tried to assist from all races of Sapiens Sapiens showed that the racial hatred logic is not consensus race based but more ignorance based no matter race.

But due to some chaff of the wheat being strong in their hateful/enforceful ways in the past spreading the non logic the non logic related to racial issues swims thru each generations DNA??? (this is not just in AMERICANAZ THIS IS A GLOBAL SAPIENS SAPIENS ISSUE) OT

And so Hatred is passed from grand parent to parent to child keeping the species in LACK if viewed as a whole for example.. And this LACK holds the species back from its potential all because of past generated animosity. Species sound familiar? (maybe to some) OT

Animosity Blocking further enlightenment for the conscious mind & body needed to ascend... hmmm and so as the hatred swims thru each generation its tackled and degraded more and more with love and acceptance that WE are 1 even if not accepted from many in the north south east west of this globe that the actions of we are ONLY against WE? and are not just as simple as some think if considering being viewed from a more Cosmic/Dimension PEER groups observative look AWAITING SPECIES PROGRESS...
MAN NEEDS to GROW UP & MATURE BEYOND THIS IGNORANCE.

FAITH exist this will be overcame its just WHEN???

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
NAMASTE

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

here this might help,,since u bought it up,,

remember ROOTS

i like history

en.wikipedia.org... just paste if u wish.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Its true that he didn't start many of these programs but he has continued them and in many cases made them worse. I am just saying that if he wants to give a speech about the plight of black people he should actually look at how his policies are hurting them before he points the finger at others.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
You know you guys aren't helping much.

You keep discussing it and you keep it alive. Constantly bombarded with this #. I don't care what your intentions are but as long as you categorize society into black/white, or any other category, the longer you keep those borders in place. Doesn't matter whether your intention were good.

Can ATS just shurup already? Now all of us look at our brothers differently. Thanks a mil!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grambler
reply to post by redoubt

Its true that he didn't start many of these programs but he has continued them and in many cases made them worse. I am just saying that if he wants to give a speech about the plight of black people he should actually look at how his policies are hurting them before he points the finger at others.

That's logical assertion

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JosephPalasky
You know you guys aren't helping much.

You keep discussing it and you keep it alive. Constantly bombarded with this #. I don't care what your intentions are but as long as you categorize society into black/white, or any other category, the longer you keep those borders in place. Doesn't matter whether your intention were good.

Can ATS just shurup already? Now all of us look at our brothers differently. Thanks a mil!

Keep Faith there are many ways for man to show its true potential as a species when tested, this will be overcame.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JosephPalasky

So you don't categorize people then. Well congratulations you are the first person in the history of the world to accomplish that.

I posted this thread because I noticed people both here and other places commenting on how great Obama's speech was and how it proved he was looking out for the black community.

I disagree and think his actions belie his cheap words. In no way is this an attempt by me to divide us, in fact I made it quite clear in the op that I feel Obama doesn't care about any of us regardless of skin color.

Is it your assertion that by criticizing Obama I am dividing us? I am sorry, I will go back to being a yes man and not question my master.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Yeah, yeah, no reason to get snippy, mate.

My post wasn't a personal attack.

I'm honestly just tired of hearing about racial issues. I live in a country where its ALL the majority can discuss.

Its in the news 24/7 and it hasn't served as a solution to anything. It only frustrates everyone because it honestly doesn't lead anywhere. No one ever comes to point where both parties can agree.

And when you think about it, your day to day life none of these little frustrations reflect in the relationships you have with people at work who are of another race. The only time it starts to show is when some politician opens his trap or the media sees an opportunity to get publicity for a story.

I promise you the less attention you give to it, the politicians and the media, the less its going to play a role in your life.

I get that you wanna prove a point. You're right, Obama couldn't care less. He has agendas of his own. He is just re-enforcing a victim mentality which is already plaguing the "black community". That somehow they're helpless.

I'm busy watching this vid on brainwashing I found in another thread - too lazy to post the link. Anyways, it discusses the different techniques the government uses to control people. One of them is by making them feel helpless.

Sure stories likes these just re-enforces that in African-Americans. Just serves to divide us. Whites feel they have to be apologetic, even though Zimmerman is a Mexican and black people feel like the world is against them. It's ridiculous.
edit on 20-7-2013 by JosephPalasky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JosephPalasky

Your right I need to relax. I am at work at a bar and just had to kick three drunks out. No need to be a jerk to others though.

But I agree with you that this issue is being used to distract us from a lot of the corruption that is going on.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

It's cool, no reason to apologize.

My previous post probably reflected a lot of emotion but it wasn't directed at you. And it's personal cause I live in South Africa and if you take the time to read any news from S.A. you'd notice half the stories are something related to race.

Honestly hasn't served any good except for being a tool used by those in power to stay in power. And South Africa is a great example of that. Just look at Zimbabwe and Mugabe's war on the "white imperialists". There are none of them in Zimbabwe, they've left a long time ago yet the people still hang on his every word cause they've got a common enemy now and he is going 'save' them.

I think America has just experienced something that Africa has been suffering for a while now - tyrants come in every form, shape and size. Sure most voted for him cause he's black - time for change - nothing changed. You've been bs'ed.

Obama honestly hasn't changed anything except keep agenda of those in power on track. Personally, I don't think there is such a thing as a good politician.
edit on 20-7-2013 by JosephPalasky because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join