It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH-6 little bird?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So, All afternoon, an MH-6 little bird has been buzzing my apartment complex. It hovered so low over our building that our windows shook. It sounded like it was right outside our window. I looked out of my balcony and saw it was so low that I was able to see what the pilot was wearing.

olive drab suit, greenish/blackish helmet and goggles. The helicopter was unmarked.

So, I don't know if this is actually a conspiracy of any kind. I was wondering if this was something anyone else has experienced? Could it just be a training exorcise? Why fly so low over an interstate highway and over residential areas?

I could have hit this thing with a baseball it was so low. That's what was so strange to me. I've never seen a black helicopter fly so low, except on one other occasion I saw a fleet of chinook helicopters (three of them, maybe that's not a fleet) but they just flew over like they were going somewhere. I do live near an airport (20 miles) and there's a military base about 30 miles from here.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Only one pilot...

It takes 3 to be a conspiracy

Read the rest of your thread, it's funny but that 3 formation of Chinooks flew right over my house today!
Appeared to be headed towards Seagirt national guard camp.
edit on 20-7-2013 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There are some police units that fly the MD500 which is the civil version of the MH6. The pilots wear military style flight suits.

It's marked somewhere, it's just in low visibility paint, so that you can't see it from far away. Odds are he was looking for something in the area, a specific vehicle, or something.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DarwinVsJesus

Unmarked, take note of any details at all and pass it to the military base in question as well as your civil aviation authority, I don't know about your neck of the wood's but flying a helicopter weather civil or military is against the law below a certain altitude as it can pose both a risk to the public and property and also is far more prone to a crash by hitting low objects.
Are you in an area designated as a military training or free flight space, or it may actually be on operational duty, still if it is not from the air base the air base would likely wish to know about it and the local airport would not be too happy as it may be deliberately evading radar, is this modal of at all available in a civil model as it could also be drug runners, you would be surprised what they will use.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

We had a South Korean version land in our AO over there MAN ,THOSE ARE QUIET.I wonder if the NOTAR is quieter?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

They're designed with quieting systems in them, so that when you hear them you have roughly ten seconds until they're there.

If you were to build a NOTAR with the same tech, it would be much quieter. The two loudest things on a helo are the tail rotor and blade tips. They've quieted the blade tips, so most of the noise is from the tail rotor. Get rid of that, and over half your noise is gone.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Is the NOTAR system difficult to maintain? I wonder why the military wont use these?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

From what I understand it's almost idiot proof. It didn't catch on like it was hoped. I was really impressed by what it did for stability and maneuverability, and am really surprised that there are hardly any out there. If you watch video of the nose pointing test, the stability of the NOTAR compared to the tail rotor is incredible.

new topics

top topics

join