It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violence erupts in France over police check of veiled Muslim woman

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Six people were arrested after overnight violence that erupted in a Paris suburb after police checked the identity of a woman wearing a Muslim veil, French authorities said on Saturday. Public disturbances have shaken depressed, largely immigrant quarters of major French cities at regular intervals for years, often triggered by resentment over spot police checks.

It is illegal in France for women to wear full face veils in public but the law is contested in the mainly Muslim suburbs that ring major cities - where tensions reign in relations between residents and police. In Trappes, a gritty suburb southwest of Paris, police said a crowd gathered in response to the arrest on Thursday of a man who had assaulted a police officer during an identity check on his wife, who was entirely veiled.

French police station attacked amid tensions over ban on Muslim face veils.

www.jpost.com...

www.theprovince.com...

Mmmm, again religion of peace is showing true face . It seems that French law condraticts with middle age sharia laws and other nonsences with religion of peace.France authorities must react more agressivly to stop this crazy sh*t.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

If people refuse to obey the law of the land and that law is by popular consent then they whom so refuse are undemocratic in there intent, it is well known that certain groups wish to forcible impose shariah law over the west, we have them in Britain and they certainly have them in france.

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Amazing isnt it?

In France, the police simply check a veil and the people ERUPT.

In the US, the police are conducting road side strip searches and the sheeple do nothing...

edit on 20-7-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Six people were arrested after overnight violence that erupted in a Paris suburb after police checked the identity of a woman wearing a Muslim veil, French authorities said on Saturday. Public disturbances have shaken depressed, largely immigrant quarters of major French cities at regular intervals for years, often triggered by resentment over spot police checks.

It is illegal in France for women to wear full face veils in public but the law is contested in the mainly Muslim suburbs that ring major cities - where tensions reign in relations between residents and police. In Trappes, a gritty suburb southwest of Paris, police said a crowd gathered in response to the arrest on Thursday of a man who had assaulted a police officer during an identity check on his wife, who was entirely veiled.

If they want to dress as they do in a Muslim it's time they got the hell out of Europe countrys as they are not happy here, maybe it is time they took notice of our Laws not there own.

French police station attacked amid tensions over ban on Muslim face veils.

www.jpost.com...

www.theprovince.com...

Mmmm, again religion of peace is showing true face . It seems that French law condraticts with middle age sharia laws and other nonsences with religion of peace.France authorities must react more agressivly to stop this crazy sh*t.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
LOL
i'm having a moment of "Sanity" here, so bear with me

perhaps the french authorities could allow muslim men who insist on having their women wear the veil a choice:
you may do so; however any woman who "chooses" to wear a veil is AUTOMATICALLY under house arrest.
they can choose having to keep their wives locked up at home or in jail; either way muslim men will then have to do all the shopping, taking kids to school, and other housewify things.

problem solved

ahhh "Insanity" returns...

...carry on with the two minutes hate disguised as concern with women's rights

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The Veil is not actualy part of Islam, it's from a culture hundreds of years ago.

Back in the day, the masters of the slaves forced the slaves to cover their face, as to make them appear sub-human, thus causing less guilt or effect on the masters concious. That is where it originated from.

When Islam spread and the slaves were no longer slaves, they kept the woman in veils as for the same reason the master of the slaves did, to make them appear suub-human to their owners (husbands, men, etc) and thus cause them less guilt when they punish them, or keep forcing them to act against their will (rape, sharia law etc).

If it had anything to do with Islam, every muslim woman would have to be covered, but they are not.
It is a sect of Islam that mixed with the customs of a land they expanded into. The religion got mixed with the culture, and thus now seem un-seperable.

My point is, the veil is not religious, it is cultural.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

carry on with the two minutes hate disguised as concern with women's rights:
@@: [/quo

How is this 2 mins of hate? he posted a link about an event.

wife breaks law by wearing burqa, which is banned in France.....
Police officer checks her ID
Husband assaults police officer
random person posts story
random person is the hater?

What I got from the story is the violence erupted when the man was arrested for assaulting the police officer.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The muslim man tried to choke a policeman because he simply wanted to see the womans ID.
The arab population is always causing total mayhem and violence over the simplest crap. The authorities are unable to do anything, and the country is being overtaken.

-And yes, I know, as usual, I will be accused of being a racist hysteric for saying that, by someone who doesn't live here. Oh well. Just watch and see. Christianity took over the world once, with violence, and now is the turn of Islam.
We say to ourselves that we have evolved beyond such things, but cycles turn and repeat regardless.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I wonder if the french ever think

"si vous ne l'aimez pas, vous pouvez sortir"

Surely, at least, one.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Lysergic because: whoa that picture was waaaaay too large

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinner07

carry on with the two minutes hate disguised as concern with women's rights:
@@: [/quo

How is this 2 mins of hate? he posted a link about an event.

wife breaks law by wearing burqa, which is banned in France.....
Police officer checks her ID
Husband assaults police officer
random person posts story
random person is the hater?

What I got from the story is the violence erupted when the man was arrested for assaulting the police officer.

patience, new member,
give it time and gain more experience.

but feel free to ignore me as I Am quite "Insane".

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
What a bunch of grade A imbeciles. These people do not care about justice, freedom or anything. They just want an excuse to cause trouble.

Now if they had rioted over something like this for example, then I would accept their cause as genuine:

A Norwegian woman has spoken out about the 16-month prison sentence she received in Dubai after reporting a rape incident to police.

Interior designer Marte Deborah Dalelv was on a business trip in Dubai when she says she was raped.

The 24-year-old reported the March attack to the police but found herself charged with having extramarital sex, drinking alcohol, and perjury.

Convicted earlier this week, she says she is appealing against the verdict.

The appeal hearing is scheduled for early September.

www.bbc.co.uk...

But no, they would actually support the disgusting, corrupt Islam-based laws that completely restrict humanity, and femininity, turning the victims into criminals and letting the guilty walk free. Twisted and evil.

So until they are facing such barbaric treatment as the above, they can go to hell. They live in a nation that is a million times better towards its own, and immigrants alike. What a bunch of total losers, the planet would be a better place without them.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Why do European bend over backwards to appease Muslims, even trying their hardest to get Arabs to immigrate to their country. What benefit is that to their societies?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

They arn't. Hence why France made the veil illegal in public.
And why this happened in the first place, for enforcing that law.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

You reap what you sow. The progressives over in France decided to be very tolerant towards Muslims and now they a reaping the rewards. You can not mix stone age thinking into today's world.

The grand progressive plan is falling apart all across the world. It might look good on paper and in the minds of teenagers but in the real world it will fail.
edit on 20-7-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I wonder if the french ever think

"si vous ne l'aimez pas, vous pouvez sortir"

Rarely. If they do, they are called a nazi. The french are focused upon the values of compassion for the underdog, (goes way back, to their own revolution, to their guilt about the Vichy regime collaborating with the Nazi's...).
There is a political party that asserts this idea, but it still seems radical to most french.

This culture has a lot of qualities, but they come with a sort of self- sacrificing back side.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Why do European bend over backwards to appease Muslims, even trying their hardest to get Arabs to immigrate to their country. What benefit is that to their societies?

That is a good question. But one must take into consideration the most popular ethics are what is often called "Catholic" based ethics- which means a sort of self sacrificing, egoless concern for others. Many arab peoples have become victims of their own muslim rulers. They are seen as victims, in need of compassion and saving, from individuals who are tyrants. Not from a belief system. For the europeans, individuals are capable of abusing belief systems.

I have now drank two glasses of wine, I think I am beyond my ability to explain what I actually mean. (I am a light weight) Please excuse my sloppy attempt.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I am highly conflicted on this story. On one side, I don't see where it is any of the governments business to pass and enforce such a law on what a person can and can not wear when it is non offensive or hurtful to others and I can understand resistance and civil disobedience from those who also see it as patently asinine. Not sure about choking somebody over it though.

On the other hand, that level of violence from the husband initially and then from the mob afterward makes me think these laws are in place for a reason.

I'm not sure but I'm going to have to side with the muslims on this one, seems like persecution a little bit but maybe I'm missing some of the facts.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Time and time again Muslims show how intolerant they are, it is so easy to upset / offend a Muslim

reply to post by TheMagus

or hey, perhaps when an officer wants to identify you, you lift your veil......INSANE I KNOW.

edit on 20-7-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I am not supporter of shariah or Islam, but just want to say, that wearing a veil is not a part of Islam or any religion. This is 100% cultural thing. There are millions Christian & Hindu minorities in subcontinent countries like Pakistan & Bangladesh. You can see Hindu & Christian women also wearing a veil in Pakistan, Bangladesh & also in India. It does not mean, that veil is also a part of Hindu & Christian religion. There are two dominant cultures in Islam. The Arab and afghan culture. They seem to be human but in brain sense they are actually reptiles.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
I am highly conflicted on this story. On one side, I don't see where it is any of the governments business to pass and enforce such a law on what a person can and can not wear when it is non offensive or hurtful to others

Your thoughts are rational. There was already an existing law that said nobody could hide their face in certain public areas (no helmets, masks...) because it made identification impossible when crimes were committed.
Robberies of stores and gas stations, violence and murder, were happening, but even with cameras, the perp could not be ID'd because their face was hidden by a mask or helmet. So this law was put into effect .

For many years, the muslims were not held to respect this law, out of concern for freedom of religion.

But with time, the question of their refusal to integrate their host country came to the forefront. They claim that the law of Allah is more important, so they are exempt from all other laws of man.. troubled young people of imimgrant descent began taking advantage of this idea. ("I don't need to respect the law here, I can beat or rob those who are not muslim").
There was also the problem of women coming to pick up their welfare checks, but could not be identified- the same woman could come several times, under many different names. A man could claim six wives who needed welfare, when in reality he had only two.

So it was decided that some insistance that they respect french law be asserted. That they be held to the same laws as the french population- and the law on covering the face was amended to include the veil along with masks and helmets.

Because this touched religious expression, it was also made illegal for any other religious persuasion to wear very evident signs of their religion- christians are not allowed to wear crosses or crucifixes, Jews are not allowed their Kippah in the same public spaces.

The whole issue of this population here is rather complex, and I understand how many would not understand it. But there is much more to it than meets the eye at first glance!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join