It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO Jars Of Urine Or Feces Found Or Confiscated At Texas Abortion Ban Protest

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Republicans like Erick Erickson were more than happy to spread the false information that jars of urine and feces were brought to the Texas capitol in the protest against the abortion ban.

DPS did not take the names of anyone caught trying to bring feces, urine or other forbidden items inside the gallery, the letter reads, because “no crime had been committed, and it would be unreasonable to document names of visitors based on what they might or might not do.”

DPS officers interviewed by The Texas Tribune on Friday said they had not seen any feces or urine themselves, with several saying the interview was the first time they had heard of people trying to bring either item inside the gallery.

McCraw added that while thousands of residents lawfully participated in the hearing, “there were some, albeit a small number, who came to our Capitol to engage in criminal activity, and our goal, was to prevent them from doing so.”

Howard said she was disappointed by McCraw’s letter. “There’s no information to explain why they suspected that” jars might contain feces or urine, she said.

samuel-warde.com...

www.texastribune.org...

Why lie for? Anything to make people advocating for freedom from government oppression in their bodies look bad....

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I think they should have been concerned considering what transpired at the first protests.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I think they should have been concerned considering what transpired at the first protests.

what happened at the first protest?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

I remember reading a story about a Texas Judge who sentenced a fast food worker to 2 years in jail for spitting in someone's food. I can imagine that bringing body fluids for the purpose of throwing blood, urine or fecal matter at lawmakers would require those people to be arrested and made to stand in front of a judge to explain themselves.

The fact that there no reported arrests for this supposed crimes, tells me the reports were false all along.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Texas State troopers confiscated urine, used tampons, feces and paint from protestors.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

I remember reading a story about a Texas Judge who sentenced a fast food worker to 2 years in jail for spitting in someone's food. I can imagine that bringing body fluids for the purpose of throwing blood, urine or fecal matter at lawmakers would require those people to be arrested and made to stand in front of a judge to explain themselves.

The fact that there no reported arrests for this supposed crimes, tells me the reports were false all along.

There were no arrests because those items were confiscated before they could be thrown. Its not illegal to carry around a jar of feces.. you're just a psycho not a criminal.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Texas State troopers confiscated urine, used tampons, feces and paint from protestors.

That wasn't reported to have happened until the second protest. There was no Tampax, urine or feces flinging or confiscation while Wendy Davis was standing.

There were no arrests because those items were confiscated before they could be thrown. Its not illegal to carry around a jar of feces.. you're just a psycho not a criminal.

There were no jars of urine or feces confiscated.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Oh okay, the second protest. My original point still remains just change "first" to "second" then I suppose. Thanks for that clarification.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

There were no jars of urine or feces confiscated.

That is not what he Texas State troopers reported.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I did find some photographic evidence of feces present at the capitol.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Read the article, nothing was confiscated....This is the whole point of the thread. The story about the jars of feces is suspect.

On Friday, DPS officers outside the Senate gallery and at each entrance to the Capitol told The Texas Tribune they had not seen or found jars containing feces or urine, and multiple officers throughout the Capitol said they had not heard of any jars being found until a reporter mentioned it.

edit on 20-7-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
edit on 20-7-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Nice

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

You're lying. The Texas Department of Public Safety issued a press release last Friday detailing what was confiscated by Texas State troopers. Feces, urine, feminine hygiene products and paint.
edit on 20-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

How can you call the OP a liar for posting links and citations from actual media articles, while you present no evidence of your claim at all? Where's your link? Where's your proof?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
well thats just not good,,,,thing too do....as we can see:

"Cyclospora cayetanensis is a protozoan that causes disease in humans, and perhaps primates."

and

Symptoms include "watery diarrhea, loss of appetite, weight loss, abdominal bloating and cramping, increased flatulence, nausea, fatigue, and low-grade fever," though this can be augmented in more severe cases by vomiting, substantial weight loss, explosive diarrhea, and muscle aches.

is this medievil Europe?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

How can you call the OP a liar for posting links and citations from actual media articles, while you present no evidence of your claim at all? Where's your link? Where's your proof?

Here ya go:

TDPS - 12 July 2013

Satisfied yet?
edit on 20-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I really don't understand. The first paragraph of The Texas Tribune article, which the OP uses as a source, reads:

Updated, July 17, 12:15 p.m.:

In a letter to state Rep. Donna Howard, D-Austin, Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steven McCraw said that some visitors to the Senate gallery did attempt to bring jars of feces and urine inside during Friday's debate on an omnibus abortion bill.
Which is the exact opposite of the point the OP is trying to make.

I also notice in the OP's clip, the refernce is made to the officers which were interviewed never hearing about it. That would worry me if we expected every officer there to know about it, but I don't see why they had to. Perhaps they just interviewed a few officers who hadn't heard of it.

Also, DPS has gotten rid of the words "alleged," and "suspicious." They've also explained why they don't have them to show to the press.

(Although, be honest now, if they did show jars of urine, etc. to the press, wouldn't some of you say it's fake, or it was planted evidence?)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well Wind,.. are you good now?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Here ya go:

TDPS - 12 July 2013

Satisfied yet?

Nope. That's old news. From your link.

DPS officers have thus far discovered one jar suspected to contain urine, 18 jars suspected to contain feces,

So, where is the verification that these jars DID contain urine or feces? How do we know that they weren't bottles of Snapple and granola bars? It's really not that hard to find out the difference.

McCraw says that suspicious items were not confiscated and that people could store them outside the gallery or throw them in trash bags.

The suggestion that the officers allowed women to store their jars of urine and feces outside the chambers and retrieve them later is preposterous and can be seen as an attempt to slander women who opposed the bill.

The letter in question, in the OP, demands proof. There is no proof and there are no testimonies from the officers that they actually saw of confiscated any jars of urine or feces.

DPS officers interviewed by The Texas Tribune on Friday said they had not seen any feces or urine themselves, with several saying the interview was the first time they had heard of people trying to bring either item inside the gallery.

With all the people there taking candid and spontaneous pictures and tweeting them out on their cell phones, surely, we should see at least one bottle of urine or feces. But no, not one. With no documentation of such items and no proof of such attempt of smuggling body fluid into the chambers, I have to conclude that it was a GOP maneuver to discredit the hated protesters as crazy and dangerous, out of control, nasty women.

edit on 20-7-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join