It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild wild times

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The times we are living in can be for sure called "Wild times".

Not far away we are of the "wild west" moments when the only law in function was the law of the gun.

But today because the times we are living in we can say that the "Wild wild west" is back and we can call it "wild wild times".

Only in the year 2013,with cars and planes and computers and also with guns,but guns not that aggresive as they were then.

In this modern era we are living in the clan spirit of the wilde wilde west is working very properly.

This why we have an anomaly of the human behaviour which is not compatible from a social point of view with all the modern features of the life.

This why I guess we can redefine Democracy and replace it with "Wild wild times" of the long gone "Wild wild west".

Because the spirit of the herd mentality is working very properly in a negative way at all the levels of human society.

I mean you can hear again like in the "wilde wilde west" the yells of the herd when getting to public square ,public persons and execute them without thinking.

Just because they have began the same way, have made them sick from this disease,
[SNIP]

Because the society cannot find herself ,has gone back in time by using the primates thinking of action without thinking.

And this is the truth.

Well and this kind of modern "Wild wild west" will accentuate and will spread as the time is passing leading to the "Wild wild times" era where nothing will have value of the initial value of the modern times.

Because if you cannot solve a problem you just yell,and just like the herd spirit,dozens,hundreds,thousands,or maybe millions will follow you in your yelling.

edit on 20-7-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

The mob mentality - Obsessed sport fanatics, flag waving patriotic masses, shoppers converging on a firesale. The wild west has been reshaped to fit into the modern corals. The scenery over the centuries changes but the underlying force driving the herd remains unchanged.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Not far away we are of the "wild west" moments when the only law in function was the law of the gun. But today because the times we are living in we can say that the "Wild wild west" is back and we can call it "wild wild times".

Actually, the wild west was not so wild as people have been led to believe.

You had alot of authors in the late 19th and early 20th centuries like E.B. Cummings that wrote stories totally glamourizing the outlaws and shootouts of the "wild west". People started believing they were true because people are gullible and easily led. There were a few shootouts like the OK corral that really happened but all in all the wild west was not so wild at all.

Kmow why that was? It was because everybody was Armed. An armed society is a polite society.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Kmow why that was? It was because everybody was Armed. An armed society is a polite society.
Except the yelling without thinking.

Oh and all the stories have a grain of truth.

And they are so many.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Except the yelling without thinking.

There are thinkers and yellers in this world. I think I am a thinker.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Of course the Bona fide born to be wild types can never have their true wild natures curtailed or corralled. If they did become corralled by external pressures they would become as featureless as a domesticated ornament.
edit on 20-7-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Sorry but you cannot ever,as my will and my will is law....

Oh and...stars?....flags?....I wonder...

edit on 20-7-2013 by piequal3because14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Posted to ?

Cody

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
Sorry but you cannot ever,as my will and my will is law....

edit on 20-7-2013 by piequal3because14 because: (no reason given)

I once was in a conversation I will never forget

In short

ask a question and I can make you look clever

Make a statement and I have no choice but to make you look stupid

Your choice

Cody

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

If you want some you will have to respectfully acknowledge and reply to posters.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Actually, the wild west was not so wild as people have been led to believe.
But it is today as the "Wild wild times" as proved by the replies in this thread.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

And before you answer that

I delivered the line

Cody

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

What the hell??? Is this one aimed at ME, like the "Monkey" thread was aimed at boymonkey?????

There is something profoundly wrong with your behavior.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

What the hell??? Is this one aimed at ME, like the "Monkey" thread was aimed at boymonkey?????

There is something profoundly wrong with your behavior.
Sorry but it has nothing to do with you.

I guess you should read the OP.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Well then, I guess I should be proud of the 'user name' I chose, because indeed, the "wild times" we are living in are what prompted it.

Perhaps it's your "style" that made it seem 'personal'.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Well then, I guess I should be proud of the 'user name' I chose, because indeed, the "wild times" we are living in are what prompted it.

Perhaps it's your "style" that made it seem 'personal'.

Sorry but the thread title is "Wild wild times" and it has nothing to do with you.

I apologise if you thought otherwise.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Yes, it is. Off topic, but, I think she's quite extraordinarily beautiful (and I'm a hetero woman!)

@OP - perhaps you might consider not using people's usernames in your strange and vaguely disturbing threads.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join