It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China blast at Beijing airport terminal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Not too much detail here yet but it appears to be a serious situation in Beijing.

There has been an explosion at Beijing Capital International Airport's Terminal 3, with a man in a wheelchair apparently detonating a device.

Photos posted on China's Weibo microblogging site showed a dark-haired man waving a white package in the air before the blast..

China is an uncommon place to hear of this sort of thing. Not unheard of, but uncommon at the least.

The man was named by Chinese state broadcaster CCTV as Ji Zhongxing, from Shandong province in China's north-east. He blew up a package of gunpowder and was taken to hospital, CCTV reported.
Source

I have a feeling he won't be enjoying life much as the Chinese get to the questioning part of just what he was thinking to do a thing like this. It's always interesting when someone like this survives it. I wonder how much, if any, updating the public will get beyond the immediate information about the event itself?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Since he survived the attacked I wonder what would happen to him. Why would a disable person in a wheelchair do this to themselves.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
you thing it would be Tibetan related incident? or am i just on another planet? lol

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by KurdishKing

There are other groups of people. Like ethnicity and maybe even Muslims who have disagreements with Muslims. We would have just wait to see what would happen. Wrabbit keep us updated!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The Chinese have a history of people with grudges taking extreme action and it seems this is no different , according to RT its being reported his grudge relates to a claim that he was left disabled after a police beating for running an unlicensed tuk-tuk service ( Auto rickshaw ).

A man in a wheelchair was responsible for an explosion that rocked Beijing Capital International Airport, Chinese media said.He allegedly attempted to blow himself up to protest a brutal police beating that left him disabled, Twitter reports claimed.
rt.com...

edit on 20-7-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
Why would a disable person in a wheelchair do this to themselves.

Why does a sucide bomber to that to themselfs?

Being disabled is irrelevent in the fact they like any humans can turn if given a cause.
edit on 20-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I just never thought someone would does this in that condition. I always imagined someone who was a fanatic and trained to attack people. This seems out of place.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

I just never thought someone would does this in that condition. I always imagined someone who was a fanatic and trained to attack people. This seems out of place.

I think anyone who is bitter enough and given a cause can do anything.

What ever happens now he will wish he had been killed by the device as he will be off to the Chinese GITMO.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Yes, you're right. I know the Chinese won't this too lightly. I still wonder why he would do this hopefully soon.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I'd say that's probably an accurate statement about wishing it had killed him. They won't be any kinder given what his motives turned out to be, I'm thinking. Political motives may actually have been better for his immediate future treatment?

This is a nation where some forms of pollution and white collar crime can carry the death sentence. I doubt he dies of old age at this point.

The setting is what kinda got me though. International Airport? It would be just as surprising here, if not more so there. I would have thought controls and monitoring were closer at their transportation centers because of their various internal unrest issues. I'll bet they are in the future, following this.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

His choice of target is the oddist thing.

If it was to protest police brutality you would think he would go for a police station.

But I guess the a Chinese TSA will soon be set up.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I'm wondering if the true nature of this was due to the extremists from their Western Provinces.

I smell possible indirect ISI related involvement, I mean a rat.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Using a wheelchair is no different that a lift in a pair of shoes. I'm not sure what qualities you attribute to people in wheelchairs that disqualifies them from feeling so passionately about something they want to make an enormous public statement.

So far the information seems very disjointed. I have to say kudos to the folks with the sense of mind to take pictures. I'm not sure if I could have remained calm enough to function through an airport discharge that this has been described as.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenAlot

I just could never imagine who would blow themselves up in a wheelchair. That's why I thought it was impossible to do so.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Here is a bit of an update. Breaking News has this as the alleged moment of the blast in the Beijing Airport. Not a very large one, as devices go.

Image Source

Then again, he did survive it, so it couldn't have been too big. I'll post more if I see or hear of it.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

join