It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Apple made a huge mistake with Logic Pro X

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
For those of us who make our own music on here. I am sure you will know about Logic Pro X, the reviews it is getting and the feedback of just how good it is. (I still don't have it, but will come next month).

For those of you who do not know, Logic Pro X is the VERY long awaited brand new version of Apple's leading DAW software. Or in simple terms, music production software.

So, why have they made a mistake?

Well, firstly, there is nothing wrong with the software. Apple has made a huge mistake by not marketing the software itself.

I completely missed the launch of this software, and I am a music tech buff! Yes I heard rumours, but it was not until yesterday that I head about it! I have since read reviews etc etc etc... And it got me wondering... With all the bad press Apple has been getting as of late, and the less than fan-fare welcome the new Mac Pro is getting, why not take a less mainstream product like Logic Pro X, that clearly HAS worked very very well, and market the crap out of it?

I think they could have had such a better launch for the program, and it would of got a lot of people converting to it I think. AND for the price it is, especially here in the UK, it is a bargain in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

I have never tried Logic Pro, so I cannot rate it.

Have you ever tried Ableton? I use that alongside few others (on Mac) and it is truly worth having a look into it. I don't know for what you use Logic Pro for exactly, but if it is for production then you should give Ableton and Cubase (though Cubase is a tougher cookie, it is a powerful program).

I am gonna have look into Logic Pro, so thank you for this thread

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by brace22

Because they dont need to.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

Sorry for the long time to reply!

I have tried Ableton. I am just not a fan of the interface. May sound corny but a tiny bit of my inspiration comes from having a descent interface and getting stuck into it.

As for Cubase, it was actually the first DAW I had, but when I got my mac I never got to use it properly, but I have heard it's a challenge to get used to quickly!

Logic is well worth a try, for the price and power of it, it's definitely worth it! If you have the money to freely do so. I guess the only reason I use Logic is 1, I have a mac and was easily available at the time, and 2, I like the interface.

I make Prog House style and instrumental music btw.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Surely by marketing a bit more they could target people new to music making?

Apple are ignorant in expecting people to just know when there new products are out, but they can't be that ignorant for a product that is not a giant commercial item like an iPhone.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by brace22

Great choice of genre you got!

I too use Mac, as i have learned my lesson way too well on PC - when it comes to music production. I have already looked into Logic, thanks to you, and i will definitely give it a go. I am first gonna try it out before laying out some cash on it. But, it rates up in the top 4 production software, which is a plus.

I have worked quite some time on the other named software. Still, i cannot say that the others are better, especially since Logic is by Apple.

Hope to hear some of your tunes one day!
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

I dabbled in loads of genres just playing around whilst learning how to actually make music. But I can't help myself and I love putting down a house beat.

Awesome!! The thing to remember is, although all these pieces of software are different in their own right etc... It really always boils down to HOW you use it, not WHAT you use. But, in saying that, it's always worth trying them all to see what you work best with.

Im working on some new stuff at the moment, starting fresh if you like. I will post links to my soundcloud in this forum once I have some solid tracks together!!

How about you? What are you making etc?

top topics

join