It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything you believe about the history of the world is False

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

Yes we could that is just a fib.
We will not though because we don't need to.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I'll take our ancestor's words any day over modern academia.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

No thanks, but thanks for the info.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Modern academia?

Herodotus

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I don't actually believe in cycles. They may coded into the plasma holographic school, but its always meant to be interactive. Even if one theory of this being a play, ie. the shadow of a higher realm so that we all come in and play our parts, then we still would be able to tweak things by waking up and working out the negative in us as Christ did, metaphor or real. Like Groundhog Day the movie.

Cycles look like circles to me. Spirals are more akin to infinite progression.

I think we're meant to move beyond cycles. And also just hold Love and Wisdom and Good things to your heart as envisioning, and see or draw out, as much as possible, the good in others. With faith and gratitude if we can, if we have faith. And not hold anything as a truth that is not Love, for thought can create.

I am NOT going to co-create cycles by believing in them.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I hate to do this because I know it is never met with a truly open mind, it's not the observers fault by no means. We're raised and trained in the art of dishonesty and guile, believing must be processed under a strict process determined by the observer.

Everything and I mean everything you thought you knew about history is fragile indeed. I witnessed -something- so spectacular that modern humans just could not process the idea. Yes no matter how much I try in my limited sense of knowledge try to convey what I saw and the reasoning behind why I personally believe it to be what I think it to be. No one seems to understand or is willing to attempt to understand.

One day, maybe even you will grasp the depth of what I mean by human history is fragile.

There is absolutely no point in trying to understand history once this concept or revelation occurs for the observer. It doesn't matter how much trust has been instilled in the person who is recounting the event. Even if your most trusted person on Earth were to tell you, you would still have concealed doubts.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I think I've finally come to a point in my life where I agree with you.

I just don't think given the unforgivable atrocities of our rulers for ages that we are going to escape it however. I know this is where we'll disagree, you think their hearts will be turned in the end. I think they're as hardened as the hardest metal, and there's nothing that can be done for this type of evil except for annihilation out of God's creation.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Unless there are true Higher Ups, Guides, HS and Agents for Source, and Source, watching over our every move and they're looking for signs of improvement and fostering them when this occurs. For what if, earth is a hotel, and so there is a common or default collapse of the wave, ie. arranged thoughtscape, and there may even be a few default rules in place, but, they're not hard in place. ie. for when you're here, you can be taken into the private rooms, and some of what happens around you is a perception, though your default position is never to see it that way, but honor life and soul in all you meet,and even nature, irregardless of whether all you go through is seemingly concrete and shared or if some of it is tweaked and illusionary.

To me its only the growth factor and Love that counts. Of course we do not know the level to which harm and depravity or corruption, murder and such, must be cleansed from a soul. But my default on that is to be mercy and choose to see only counseling, yet knowing that somehow souls need to face what they can face in themselves without losing it or going crazy for being overwhelmed by shadows would not foster growth either. In other words, while people may choose to face things and even take some responsibility for serious harm, and even their own HS may be tougher on them due to a strong need to perfect, none the less, will not power such a thing with my thoughts.

I feel people get roped into mindsets where there has to be punishment, and even to accept some kind of joint punishment for those they cannot stop, and this entire fabric of thought is partly what is holding in such realms and bringing souls to this, for its a frequency match.

Freeing the mind and heart to Love and concern for others is more important. To me its not about punishment, but growth.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
There is an element that rings true when I read it, and that should bring some awareness and keep us up and striving for our redemption and clean garments, or moving away from anger and faults in us.

That is that here we are wearing our actions all around us, as i just read elsewhere on line, we're in the hole we dug ourselves. And this is a part of the fly free idea. But its not just that simple, for in reality its more about waking up and awareness and then noticing you have a Team overhead, maybe that is the wrong word, maybe its within, and overhead is just more shadow.....but we're not alone, so its not cut and dried and one should never give up no matter what is around them. Raising frequency and saying, this is where I once was in a lower frequency state, and sending love to our daily problems, having humor makes the tasks lighter and burdens easier to bear.

If someone suddenly pops into existence as a spirit, plucked from Infinite Spirit/Consciousness, they would suddenly extend in all directions and all densities as well, so we're on a journey towards light as a feather, lets reach for that higher frequency now and start to deal with our situation and earth's collective situation, with that frequency instead of the current.

What does a good parent want, a child who never grows up, or someone who gradually is able to make good decisions on their own and use their gifts. And only lean on them from time to time. That is what I think this journey is about, drawing out our own skills and good, answering to ourselves and HS, and growing up, in love to be independent loving responsible people, with compassion and good problem solving skills.

And earth responds to this.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Except you forget the most obvious things staring you in the face, such as the pyramids. Modern man with all his so-called technological marvels and genius still can't build those things today.

There's a world of difference between "can't" and "don't need to". You should learn it.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

No thanks, but thanks for the info.

The mark of a true fundamentalist. Premise is wrong? Ignore it and stick to your conclusion!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

So my question is what is beyond the Iron Age? What is next?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium

We are at the end of the Fourth (Iron) age of humanity.

The Four great ages are:

Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Iron

We are in the Iron Age...so that's why you all are Iron Men.

Each age lasts a quarter of the Earth's precession of the equinox. Total that would be:

25,920 years

There is no such thing as a Gold age or a silver age, in fact Silver smelting only started a few hundred years BC and really only took off under the Romans, most of the silver at that time was a by-product of lead manufacture.
The Bronze age started about 3600 BC and continued till 600 BC so the Bronze age lasted 3000 years. Its a stretch to say we are still in the Iron age as very little in today's world is made of iron, Steel maybe but steel is not iron its an alloy, If you wanted to put a name on our current epoch then it would have to be the silicone age.

You've got it wrong. OP's idea is basically taken from Mycaenean Greek religion from Ancient Greece. Zeus created one set of man, didn't like them, eradicated them. Repeat a few more times until the "Iron Age" where we are the lesser humans he's created. I'm a little fuzzy on the details - I'm not a historian - but en.wikipedia.org...

OP sounds a lot like this, IMO.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

Yet you deliberately did not reply to the meat and sustenance of the point. Instead, you dismiss the books of people who were capable of astronomical feats to the extent of ourselves, and possibly even greater. They may be fairy tales to you, but the concept of the Earth experiencing "Yuga's" or Ages, not so dissimilar from our current four seasons, was a very hard rooted tenet of their beliefs and culture.

This is fact and science, as outlined by the Hindu's in their epics, which you have apparently sworn yourself to uphold. However, Mr. Scientist and Archaeologist, would you mind laying your credentials before us which authorizes you to determine what is factual and what is not? I don't believe I have seen it anywhere here...Just a lot of poor grammar skills, definitely not deserving of one who is to be so educated by the sciences.

The Cycle of Ages, or Yuga's, is a metaphorical aphorism for the illustration of Man's resemblance to the properties or symbolism of the four metals, during each age.

A discourse by Markandeya in the Mahabharata identifies some of the attributes of Kali Yuga. In relation to rulers, it lists:
Rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly.
Rulers will no longer see it as their duty to promote spirituality, or to protect their subjects: they will become a danger to the world.
People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source.
"At the end of Kali-yuga, when there exist no topics on the subject of God, even at the residences of so-called saints and respectable gentlemen of the three higher varnas [guna or temperament] and when nothing is known of the techniques of sacrifice, even by word, at that time the Lord will appear as the supreme chastiser." (Srimad-Bhagavatam (2.7) With regard to human relationships, Markandeya's discourse says:
Avarice and wrath will be common. Humans will openly display animosity towards each other. Ignorance of dharma will occur.
People will have thoughts of murder with no justification and will see nothing wrong in that.
Lust will be viewed as socially acceptable and sexual intercourse will be seen as the central requirement of life.
Sin will increase exponentially, whilst virtue will fade and cease to flourish.
People will take vows and break them soon after.
People will become addicted to intoxicating drinks and drugs.
Gurus will no longer be respected and their students will attempt to injure them. Their teachings will be insulted, and followers of Kama will wrest control of the mind from all human beings.
Brahmans will not be learned or honored, Kshatriyas will not be brave, Vaishyas will not be just in their dealings.

This describes the Kali Yuga, or Iron Age.

If you can not seem to understand this symbolism or the use of a metaphor, then it would seem that our discourse should go no further. I will not attempt to open the eyes of one who claims himself to be a man of action, yet require his hand to be held through the simplest teaching as to what a metaphor is.

The metallic ages you keep referring to as part of history are SEPARATE from the Yuga's of Hinduism... Please for all that is holy to you, even if it be your Science, go study the "Science" of English and discover what a homograph is. The definition alone should let you know how silly you are on insisting that these words only have one meaning or use...They do not...

I would also like to point out to you, that the people who wrote these epics, were real flesh and blood people; not fairy tales. The concept of Yuga's is in no way a fairy tale, and was laid out in the Epics of the Hindu's before the Modern Academia you swear yourself to even existed. To be fair; their claim to the definition of "Ages" far exceeds yours. The concept of a Yuga in no way involves witches riding on broomsticks, alleged nuclear weapons in ancient times, magic or any other 'nonsense' you may consider to be fairy tales...It is simply that...An 'effing concept.....Get it?

edit on 20-7-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

In the Creationist's world view, Earth was made by God some 6,000 years ago,

Anyone ever stop to think they made a typo or misplaced the decimal after thousands and thousands of translations?

Whodda thunk it ?

Correct the decimal place that's around 6 billion years old do love that people are suppose to take the 'bible' literally instead of figuratively.
edit on 20-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Some dude in the 18'00s added up every age of every person in the bible and came to the conclusion that the earth was 6000 years old.....
Bloody idiot.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkNite

So my question is what is beyond the Iron Age? What is next?

China? Titanium?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
reply to post by auraelium

Like I said, your beliefs are false because your assumptions are false. Radiocarbon dating and the like assumes that levels of the sun's radiation are constant, and they're not.

If we're all wrong, then you are too. Your smugness and dominant attitude are deafening.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Astyanax

Erm, you mean all that stuff about the world being flat, or on turtles, or having been hatched from giant ball of dung?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Xtrozero

Best not wait to long personally. Time has a nasty tendency to be in abundance until finally it runs out. Everything in the universe is cyclical, you should realize that by now, so why not Time?

You are right of course in that everything is cyclical, what will be has been and what has been will be, and so on, and so fourth...
add infinitum. It is said in some circles that the universe has a beggining and an end, the Big Bang and the Big Crunch, and then starts all over again , who knows how many times there has been a big bang and big crunch? Once, twice, a million times? And people who subscribe to this school of thought also believe that we have existed, all the same people, personalities, planets, animals, your old dog rover, have existed before in each new shaping of the next universe/Big Bang. So yes, everything IS cyclical.
edit on 20-7-2013 by DARREN1976 because: spelling mistake...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join