It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything you believe about the history of the world is False

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by auraelium

Ever heard of the Vedas, Bhagavad-Gita, or Mahabarata?

Yes i have, what about them? they are fairy stories about Gods, similar to any religion. They have no historical significance.They are just stories. If you are about to go down the path of Hindu stories about nuclear weapons and flying saucers don't bother its been debunked many times as well, It does'nt mention anything of the sort, all that stems from a spoof book written in the 70s that claimed they did, but nowhere in any of the sanskrit texts does it mention anything about these things.
edit on 20-7-2013 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

Wow, you got 60 replies for this in five hours on a Friday night into Saturday morning. You must be doing something right.

I'm curious about the time you claim that man lived long lives before now. All skeletal discoveries show life getting shorter and shorter the further back they go.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
This should have already been stated but your incorrect, most
of the folks who think about such things and decide ages need
a label would say we are currently in the golden age, IE the age
where the metal gold is driving our world, computing relies heavily
on gold as a conductor hence the name.

Also they already have a name for the age we are transitioning into,
it will be called the age of the mastery of the atom, you could say
we are actually in the age of the atom right now because the
knowledge of the atom has moved us forward beyond what
most folks realize.

Also your assuming there is a god and offering no proof other
than telling people they are wrong, which tells me you have
no good reason other than a belief in god to believe this stuff,
which then leads right back to religion, even if you don't prescribe
to the mainstream view of religion im sure there is a denomination
that agrees with you, many people have gone down this same
road and that's what led to thee being 5000 different versions of
the same religion lol

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium

Originally posted by CircleOfDust

That's because all your assumptions that you've started assuming since entering into this world have kept you from the truth. What you've been taught etc.

Show me some evidence to back up your assumptions............You have presented no evidence what so ever ..nothing....zero. You are just making it up as you go along, thats not science.Thats imagination,
edit on 20-7-2013 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

it has nothing to with science..... The OP is obviously speaking from a philosophical standpoint... no evidence required..

one cannot provide evidence for a thought process.. it's in the creationism forum and creationism has as much scientific evidence as Time travel

personally i think the OP makes a valid point regarding what we actually know and how we know it...

we are spoon fed so called facts from an early age and we just accept it because we are told it is "truth"

it wouldn't matter to me if you showed me evidence of the existence of god.. i would still question it because that is what science is all about.. question everything believe nothing

just because science says it is fact doesn't make it true...

edit on 20-7-2013 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Uhhhhhhhhhh . . . SOME Creationists believe in a 6,000 year old earth.

Most I know, do not.

We do not know what the world was

BEFORE

It was "void and without form" in the KJVersion of Genesis.

It COULD have had many eons of development and being recycled by the Creator before Adam.

Regardless, OUR TASK

is to deal with the realities in this era. Following The Creator's Manual can help tons with that.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by auraeliun
Im an archaeologist and a scientist i don't deal in fairy stories only physical evidence.The Hindus believe that the earth was created by a wild boar that hatched out of an egg, you will be telling me this is true next.

You are clearly well trained.

Unrelated tangent... but is blue true?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

So, if we're leaving the Iron Age, what age are we entering? The Digital Age? That can't be right.

We are already in the synthetic polymer age.

The modern age depends on synthetic polymers, you take those away and the modern world goes along with them.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Just to point out one error in the OT about most religious people do not believe in evolution..

It is more even than you would expect.
edit on 20-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
-blinks-

So, I read the first page, then page 4.

Gonna assume a few things:
Eventually someone asked for even a shred of evidence to this guys claims
Gonna assume there was none given outside of "evidence is all false also" and the like (also gravity doesn't exist).

And going to finally assume that we are now just entertaining the mindset of either a troll, or someone who is, as some say, "touched" in the head and could maybe benefit from some perscriptions.

Also, finally, gonna once again assume someone pointed out the iron age ended around 400AD

Since the iron age, we basically stopped ages overall and started dividing into eras (or mini ages).

Last "age" we entered was around the 90s and it was labeled information age.

Next "age" will more than likely be something about material controls...nanofabrication age or the like.

Anyhow. 4 pages of someones ramblings. Still, better this than another Zimmerman thread anyhow.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Sorry, but this is a load of total honk.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

For simplicity sake for this post, most readers will fall into one of two highly broad categories.

Oversimplification leads to fallacious arguments.

Those who believe in Creationism and those who believe in Evolution. Both are wrong in their understanding of their present circumstances which directly coincides with their understanding of the past.

They're not mutually exclusive unless you're talking about one of the Young Earth flavors of Creationism. Like I said, oversimplification isn't a good foundation for an argument.

In the Creationist's world view, Earth was made by God some 6,000 years ago, and involves the retelling of a Savior who died and got resurrected or will someday save us all. It's beyond my scope to cover all who fall under this category, but we basically have the Judeo/Christian population. While they are right about God making the universe, they don't know who the real God is or the history of the world.

This only applies to Christian Young Earth Creationists (YEC). Not all Creationists are of the YEC variety, and not all of the Judeo-Christian population are Creationists of any ilk by a long shot.

Now adherents to evolution don't usually believe in God, especially those who believe in not just microevolution but the macro kind as well. They believe that the history of humanity is all about PROGRESS... That it's up and up and up for the advancement of humankind. There have been stutterings along the way of course, such as when religion in the form of the Dark Ages got in the way, but now that they are liberated from the bonds of backwardness, they are free to rise up to the wonderments of their own technological and knowledgeable undertakings.

The majority of the population of the Earth are theists of one kind or another. The majority of the populations of first world countries (with the exception of the US and Turkey) accept evolution. Given these two facts, your assertion that "adherents to evolution don't usually believe in God" is spurious. Evolution has nothing to do with continuing technological advancement. It has to do with changes in allele frequencies within given populations over time. You're fallaciously conflating evolution and scientific or technological progress.

Maybe you should rethink the rest of your post in light of this.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I think the pyramids were used for energy as the gold covered layers inside contained the energy and still today you can monitor the beam coming out of the top so that's classed as a battery but I could be wrong

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I am of the opinion life is de evolving not evolving.
This age is certainly not a picture of health and happyness

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
I am of the opinion life is de evolving not evolving.
This age is certainly not a picture of health and happyness

What age of human history was a picture of health and happiness? As long as we have free emotions there will always be 'The Human Condition' of strife, discontentment, selfishness and greed.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

All right. You've had your fun.

Some of us actually know what you're talking about. The concept of five ages of Man (not of the Earth) comes from a very ancient Greek literary work called Works and Days by a Beotian poet named Hesiod. After the works of Homer, the Iliad and the Odyssey, it is probably the oldest literary work in the Western Canon.

In Works and Days Hesiod divided time into five ages—the Golden age, ruled by Cronos, when people lived extremely long lives 'without sorrow of heart'; the Silver age, ruled by Zeus; the Bronze age, an epoch of war; the Heroic age, the time of the Trojan war; and lastly the Iron age, the corrupt present. This is similar to Hindu and Buddhist concepts of the Kali Yuga. The idea of a Golden Age has likewise had a profound impact on western thought. Works and Days also discusses pagan ethics, extols hard work, and lists lucky and unlucky days of the month for various activities. Source

Hesiod lived at a time when Greek civilisation was just emerging among the primitive collection of barbarous, warring tribal states that lined the Aegaean and north-eastern Mediterranean basin. He was a man of his time, and repeated the myths and popular beliefs that were current in his day – along with complaints about his own poverty, superstitious rules for daily conduct ('Never put the ladle upon the mixing-bowl at a wine party'), advice for farmers and much else besides.

If you think this farrago of ancient nonsense (you can read all of it here) is in some way more truthful than the works of modern historians, or even of someone like Herodotus, who lived about three hundred years after Hesiod but in a culture infinitely more advanced and civilised, your reveal only your own lack of familiarity with ancient literature. This stuff might be exciting, new and revelatory to you, but it has been known to educated people since the Renaissance.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl

I think the pyramids were used for energy as the gold covered layers inside contained the energy and still today you can monitor the beam coming out of the top so that's classed as a battery but I could be wrong

Erm, energy for what exactly?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

So their cats can fly space ships..common knowledge isn't it?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

So their cats can fly space ships..common knowledge isn't it?

Of course, silly me!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Except you forget the most obvious things staring you in the face, such as the pyramids. Modern man with all his so-called technological marvels and genius still can't build those things today.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Wow, you got 60 replies for this in five hours on a Friday night into Saturday morning. You must be doing something right.

I'm curious about the time you claim that man lived long lives before now. All skeletal discoveries show life getting shorter and shorter the further back they go.

I seemed to have struck a sensitive nerve. Going against the grain of ingrained thought takes a taxing toll on most people. Pull the rug from underneath them, and they feel they'll have nothing.

Lifespans have been shorter, true, but they're still within this Iron age.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join