It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything you believe about the history of the world is False

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkNite
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

He is saying there is no missing link in evolution because us humans killed off what evolutionists refer to as the 'missing link'. But there are many missing links. The theory is flawed. But whether your an evolutionist or creationist it's great to have something to believe in.

Ummm, are you aware that over a dozen "missing links" have been found including the halfway point between modern human and ancient "ape"? The scientific theory of evolution is not flawed, and there's no reason to think you need to believe in scientific data that has been objectively verified. Did homo sapiens kill off Neanderthals or Denisovans? It's certainly possible, but evolution is pretty much a slam dunk in biology and genetics. No belief necessary. The real question is why would you deny something that is backed by mountains of tangible evidence and is pretty much unanimously supported amongst biologists and most of the scientific community as a whole? Denial of science is silly. If you believe in creation, that's cool, but there's no reason it should have to contradict science. Evolution and creation could both easily be part of the same process.
edit on 22-7-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Tetrachromacy Article

This was the article you bashed me for trying to recall what it had been about from memory.

Correct. It is also the article linked to in my post above.

I should have looked it up first; but doesn't mean you aren't still a self-righteous...

Yes, you should have looked it up. If you had, you would have noticed that it provides no support for the statement you made. The statement is false, and the claim you tried to reinforce by stating it is invalid.

So basically you have an entire post debasing me because I couldn't remember one little article, now my mental faculties are all out of whack huh?

I am not 'debasing' you (no-one can do that but yourself). I am pointing out that your claims are false, based on invalid speculation rather than fact, and that you are not thinking straight.

And I'm not doing it simply because you 'couldn't remember one little article'. I am doing it because you are spreading false information on the thread (not just about tetrachromacy but – more to the point – about the relationship between the Vedic yuga and the Greek Ages of Man). You are propagating pseudoscience and false scholarship. This is a very anti-social thing to do.

That you are not thinking straight is plain to see and needs no further elaboration. You object to my saying that you promote quack remedies – well, then, tell me, are you a doctor of medicine? Or a medical researcher with suitable qualifications from a genuine university (not some 'College of Naturopathy' or other quack institution)? I am sure that you are not; certainly you showed a disturbing ignorance of optical physiology for someone claiming to work in the medical field. The method of diagnosis and/or treatment you adumbrated earlier inspires no confidence either. If you object to having a spade called a spade, you shouldn't be playing on the internet.

It did not help your case to impugn my morals, criticise my attitude

your cold demeanor and the way in which you try and belittle the opinions of others or hold yourself above them, shows a lot about your morality

and call me an evil spirit,

Get out of here you Djinn

not to mention further showing off your class in the post I'm replying to by dragging my mother and father into a discussion in which they have no place.

Be that as it may, I apologise, as one human being to another, for having told you off as bluntly as I did. I hope this exchange has taught you something; I have certainly learned from it.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

He is saying there is no missing link in evolution because us humans killed off what evolutionists refer to as the 'missing link'. But there are many missing links. The theory is flawed. But whether your an evolutionist or creationist it's great to have something to believe in.

Ummm, are you aware that over a dozen "missing links" have been found including the halfway point between modern human and ancient "ape"? The scientific theory of evolution is not flawed, and there's no reason to think you need to believe in scientific data that has been objectively verified. Did homo sapiens kill off Neanderthals or Denisovans? It's certainly possible, but evolution is pretty much a slam dunk in biology and genetics. No belief necessary. The real question is why would you deny something that is backed by mountains of tangible evidence and is pretty much unanimously supported amongst biologists and most of the scientific community as a whole? Denial of science is silly. If you believe in creation, that's cool, but there's no reason it should have to contradict science. Evolution and creation could both easily be part of the same process.
. In the dozen you mention are you including the proven hoaxes? And i wasnt agreeing with the post i quoted. I was pointing out what the guy meant. But I simply said there are flaws in the theory. And yes I think it's just a theory. And I never said I believed in creation or evolution. I can believe in evolution and still see flaws in evolution. And i agree they both COULD be part of the same process. But I closed my post saying its a good thing whatever you believe. As long as you have something to believe in. Have no shame in what you believe. Enough said
edit on 22-7-2013 by DarkNite because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2013 by DarkNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
reply to post by CircleOfDust

Most people are asleep, zombies since birth. If I have a failing in my method,

Another to awaken the crowd.

Whats funny are those who come here to wake others are stuck in a nightmare they cant awake from so they try waking others.

Zombies since birth, most people are asleep.

And a select few are awake here like yourself, you hear the alarm but don't know where it is, what its for or how to stop it, so you impose your fear of not knowing whats wrong onto ATS readers by deceiving yourself in a delusion thinking you know and are passing on your knowledge when in fact you pass on your own deceptions your blind to.

Well done your a typical ATS prophet.

Exactly.

Have you ever noticed how the people who constantly call other people 'sheeple', often times are the SAME people who blame humanity, or Americans, or whoever it is they are attacking, for their own failures?

They claim we are all asleep. We are all 'sheeple'. Everyone is lying to us, and we are lost in a Matrix of illusions. But, (and YAY FOR US!) they are here to set the record straight. They have all the answers, they have realized the "truth", and if we listen to them, MAYBE, just MAYBE we stand a chance of waking up too.

Of course, they never provide any evidence for their extraordinary claims....they never explain how they arrived at their conclusion in a reasonable and logical manner, and most of what they say almost ALWAYS seem to resemble a collage of other people's books, web-sites, youtube videos, etc, etc.

When someone who is TRULY interested in being a truth seeker starts having more answers than questions....they REALLY need to take a step back and start evaluating exactly how they came to their conclusions, and once again allow their minds to become flexible and open.

Take the OP for example. His view of history is certainly entertaining, and it most definitely isn't foreign to mankind. There is really nothing wrong with his view of history, the problem is that he views it as TRUTH. Instead of realizing that his views are speculation, theories, and a combination of myths and imagination (which may or may not have truth within them), he accepts them as facts....when there are , afterall no facts to support his views. THAT is not the sign of a truth seeker....to me that is the sign of someone who has given up. Somewhere along the path, he settled for less.

I find the possibility of previous technologically advanced civilizations on both Earth, and elsewhere very interesting, intriguing , and it wouldn't surprise me if someday we find evidence to support these theories. However, when a person starts confusing theory and speculation for facts and "truth", he really does no good for himself or others.

Again, I stand by what I said. If the OP created the EXACT same thread....but instead of claiming that everyone's views on history are FALSE, as he claimed....and that his views are the TRUTH.....I think this could have been an interesting thread. Of course, he brought nothing new to the table....I mean I'm sure most ATSers are familiar with every single thing he mentioned so far, but at least it is something fun to discuss.

The scary thing is, what the OP has done, is far too common. You see it all the time, both here, elsewhwere online, and in the real world. People who combine a bunch of information from books, youtube videos, scriptures, etc, and they form a sort of cosmology, and consider it "Truth" or "Gospel" , at which point they no longer allow new or contradicting information into their minds.

If anyone gets anything out of this thread.....I think it will be the OP. Somewhere inside there, is a truth seeker. At least, I believe there is. I think if he honestly reads the replies in this thread, without letting his ego interfere, he will see what people are trying to tell him. No one is saying he is WRONG. They are just saying that there is no factual evidence to support his claims.....and that is "TRUTH", as he presents it....it a THEORY. So long as he recognizes that, he will be alright.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

As a young truth seeker....I was taught by my parents to question everything. I was taught that from a VERY young age, around 3 or 4...and so, throughout my childhood, and all the way into my early 20s..that is precisely what I did.

It wasn't until my mid-20s, far into college, that I finally understood the importance of empirical scientific data. Although it is important to question things, and to discover truths on your own....human life spans are EXTREMELY short, and THAT is why empirical science is SO extremely important.

Mankind, through progress made within a stable civilization, is able to discover truths, prove them scientifically, and build upon those truths.

For instance, imagine if we DIDN'T build upon truths discovered by others. Does anyone honestly think it is possible for a human, within ONE lifetime, to really accomplish that much?

It isn't just science. Empirical evidence or discoveries exist in all of the Sciences, Arts, and Religions. Take buddhism , for instance. In most schools of buddhism, you have the teachers, who study the root texts, and then, once THEY themselves reach certain levels of awareness and development in their practice, they ADD ON to those root texts by creating commentaries , and elaborating on them....and sometimes even creating more texts.

As humans, we accomplish a lot when we build upon the work of our forefathers.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I would agree with this part of the post;

So you're not at the very pinnacle of humanity's existence.

You're actually at the LOWEST.

With the government leading the charge down the highway to hell..._javascript:icon('
')

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I know but according to the OP it gives off "bad energy" I wonder how an image on a computer screen can give off energy at all and bad energy?

When they can't attack what I say they try and divert with this BS.

My avatar deals with nuclear destruction and your avatar gives off "bad energy" lol

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kneedeep723
I would agree with this part of the post;

So you're not at the very pinnacle of humanity's existence.

You're actually at the LOWEST.

With the government leading the charge down the highway to hell..._javascript:icon('
')

Why would you say it is the lowest? Do you spend 16 hours a day just to provide food that may or may not be fruitful?

Do you make EVVERYTHING needed to live? Do you live without electricity? Lol you people are weak to say the least and basically whiners...oh 'woe is me" scenario... give me a break.

The fact that you are using a computer kind of dispels any theory you might have as to "we are at our lowest point."

BTW have you ever researched the Government back in the 1800? You want to talk about a bad Government...lol get a life...

edit on 23-7-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by supermarket2012
It isn't just science. Empirical evidence or discoveries exist in all of the Sciences, Arts, and Religions. Take buddhism , for instance. In most schools of buddhism, you have the teachers, who study the root texts, and then, once THEY themselves reach certain levels of awareness and development in their practice, they ADD ON to those root texts by creating commentaries , and elaborating on them....and sometimes even creating more texts.

As humans, we accomplish a lot when we build upon the work of our forefathers.

I agree but one must weed out the bull crap and when something has zero return on the time invested it tends to disappear into the ages.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by supermarket2012
The scary thing is, what the OP has done, is far too common. You see it all the time, both here, elsewhwere online, and in the real world. People who combine a bunch of information from books, youtube videos, scriptures, etc, and they form a sort of cosmology, and consider it "Truth" or "Gospel" , at which point they no longer allow new or contradicting information into their minds.

The OP is common here. Take the most flimsy story and say it is fact. When question just say "you just don't know the truth" or "you are sheeple etc"

We look at people like the OP and in the end they are betting all their chips on some speculation from someone selling a book. They then disregard 99% of everything that is considered fact..."you are just sheeple" once again.

I'll ask one question....

How does the OP explain 10,000s of learned people, extremely smart people, very experienced people, with no agenda but to find the truth all be wrong, but simplistic views and one or two fringed authors be right?

edit on 23-7-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Notice the position of 'Unaffiliated' still only rising to 72%. What do these 28% then believe?

edit on 23-7-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Delusions of grandeur thats how.
How many people have we seen come and go proclaiming great truth here on ATS?
Anyone remember the ascension thread coming into the new year?
Thing is no one comes with anything original anymore
just a mish mash of what others have said.
Plus they always try and bash humanity, we are far from perfect but the great things we have done always gets forgotten by these people.
Humanity FTW.
edit on 23-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Thanks for the coordinated attack, but it does little to change the facts.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

You are confused swap fact with opinion...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by XGodofWar
reply to post by jjkenobi

Man was brought here with nothing and proceeded to kill or run off the evolving species that was here. This is why there is no missing link. Two different species attempting to coexist. Humans did what humans do and destroyed what was different.

Man was brought here? So you are saying man was created. It has to either be created or evolved. This kind of logic cracks me up. The same people that attempt to ridicule people for believing God created man turnaround and say some unknown alien race created man and brought him to earth. Sure that's way easier to believe. LOL.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

In the dozen you mention are you including the proven hoaxes? And i wasnt agreeing with the post i quoted. I was pointing out what the guy meant. But I simply said there are flaws in the theory. And yes I think it's just a theory. And I never said I believed in creation or evolution. I can believe in evolution and still see flaws in evolution. And i agree they both COULD be part of the same process. But I closed my post saying its a good thing whatever you believe. As long as you have something to believe in. Have no shame in what you believe. Enough said.

I did not included any of the hoaxes (what there were 2 total?).

Ardipithecus ramidus
Australopithecus anamensis
Australopithecus afarensis
Australopithecus africanus
Australopithecus garhi
Australopithecus sediba New
Australopithecus aethiopicus
Australopithecus robustus
Australopithecus boisei
Homo habilis
Homo georgicus
Homo erectus
Homo ergaster
Homo antecessor
Homo rhodensius
Homo heidelbergensis
Homo neanderthalensis
Homo floresiensis
Homo sapiens sapiens

Here's near 20 of them. What flaws are there in evolution? No offense, but most people who say that haven't done an ounce of research on evolution and the science behind it. Evolution is not "just a theory". It is a scientific theory, and scientific theories are backed by objective verifiable evidence, it's not just an educated guess. That would be a hypothesis. Faith or belief in a scientific theory is not necessary as it's confirmed by repeated tests and experiments.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I am aware the eye has only one rod, and three cones. I could not recall what the article said she had an additional of. I presumed it was cones which is why I said 4. I should have separated the number as an adjective from that statement so it wasn't presumed to be talking literally about the rods. Is that better? The human eye has over millions of rod cells within it.

Why should I lay my credentials out for you? I do not know you, and you have not even shown me the same courtesy in your dismissals. I don't feel compelled to tell you anything.

However, you are free to believe as you wish. That's your right.

As for me; I'll choose what I want for myself thank you. I don't need your opinions or "facts" to validate such.

All a fact is, is an agreed upon premise, by multiple parties. Anything can be made fact if you pay off the right people...Or do you not know who GlaxoSmithKline is?
edit on 23-7-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

In the dozen you mention are you including the proven hoaxes? And i wasnt agreeing with the post i quoted. I was pointing out what the guy meant. But I simply said there are flaws in the theory. And yes I think it's just a theory. And I never said I believed in creation or evolution. I can believe in evolution and still see flaws in evolution. And i agree they both COULD be part of the same process. But I closed my post saying its a good thing whatever you believe. As long as you have something to believe in. Have no shame in what you believe. Enough said.

I did not included any of the hoaxes (what there were 2 total?).

Ardipithecus ramidus
Australopithecus anamensis
Australopithecus afarensis
Australopithecus africanus
Australopithecus garhi
Australopithecus sediba New
Australopithecus aethiopicus
Australopithecus robustus
Australopithecus boisei
Homo habilis
Homo georgicus
Homo erectus
Homo ergaster
Homo antecessor
Homo rhodensius
Homo heidelbergensis
Homo neanderthalensis
Homo floresiensis
Homo sapiens sapiens

Here's near 20 of them. What flaws are there in evolution? No offense, but most people who say that haven't done an ounce of research on evolution and the science behind it. Evolution is not "just a theory". It is a scientific theory, and scientific theories are backed by objective verifiable evidence, it's not just an educated guess. That would be a hypothesis. Faith or belief in a scientific theory is not necessary as it's confirmed by repeated tests and experiments.
. A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. If enough evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, it moves to the next step(known as a theory)in th scientific method and becomes accepted as a valid explanation of a phenomenon. A scientific theory is not the end result of the scientific method, scientific theories can be proven or rejected, just like hypotheses. And no problem no offense taken. But like I said we don't have to argue back and forth. There is no need my friend. Whether our race and this planet was created or not; we should take better care of ourselves and our magnificent earth. It is a wonderful place that many take for granted. We are able to freely believe anything we want without fear of being persecuted(somewhat anyway)and we should be thankful for that. Good day
edit on 23-7-2013 by DarkNite because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2013 by DarkNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
HEY OP:

Everything you think you know about how the world is fake is actually fake.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join