It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything you believe about the history of the world is False

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

So why not apply that to the Ages that I have proposes (but certainly not the first to do so)? Things started out beautifully, but eventually goes to hell. Things don't get better.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

Again wild claims without any proof....
Oh and directors do it all the time they don't just copy and paste from book to movie they like to see a different angle from the books...
Come on you can do better than this...(although I do doubt it).

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Your second sentence goes without saying because it's so obvious.

I love irony.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
Otherwise he would've just made it like Stephen King's book, but he didn't

Why should he? It is his movie, based on a book. Or do you think every movie is done exactly like the book it is based on....

Why the changes?

Why not? There are countless reasons.

Would he just come out and admit it? Don't be naive.

Hold on, you claimed

Stanley Kubrick admitted in his movie Shining that he filmed it all for Nasa

Now you claim he never actually admitted it.... you are very very confused!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Then start giving us evidence for all your claims...you haven't backed up any so far.
Like the
Perfect chariot wheel found in the sea.
That we can not build the pyramids with todays technology
And Stanley Kubrick admitting he filmed it all for Nasa.
Otherwise you are just making yourself look foolish or a liar.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The Golden age occurred at the time of king Solomon and it will be restored by the second coming of christ. It will be the end of history.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

A little off topic but you must not say anything to look foolish. That avatar does it.. God bless

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl
reply to post by auraelium

I think the pyramids were used for energy as the gold covered layers inside contained the energy and still today you can monitor the beam coming out of the top so that's classed as a battery but I could be wrong

Erm, energy for what exactly?

I don't know exactly but my guess would be teleportation via the beams to other pyramids around the world or even to and from spaceships like in stargate.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
So this is basically telling us we turned into crap when we got older? You know how stupid this sounds? The oldest person ever to live was 200, Anne D'Evergroote and she lived longer because of improvements in medicine. You also say your beliefs are based on assumptions and recollections correct? Why don't you tell me where you get your beliefs? Tell me what your "assuming" right now with this post? You state this as if it was fact, but it is not this comes from opinion and no credibility other than a link. It was fun to think about it though I would have liked to live in the Uranium era you know.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Damn, dropping my boy Tolkien into the thread, gotta give a star for that!

I like this thread, it's a fun read, kinda reminds me of New Age stuff but I enjoyed it none the less. Since this Bronze Age is overdue to be over then what's the hold up? Some sort of black magic or is it God's will? If it does end what age is to come next?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

Sometimes you just have to know what reading between the lines means. The OP even went as far himself, to point out that the "Ages of Earth" were not based off of the metals primarily used, but were more metaphorical, referencing the nature in which each age lived, metaphorically like the metals themselves...

Yes and i pointed out that he had no evidence for this assumption, do you have any? if not go away.
The Bronze age is not metaphorical, either is the iron age, these are actual time frames in human history, there's nothing metaphoric about them.
edit on 20-7-2013 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

I agree with you 100%.

I find it absurd as well that someone posted something along the lines of "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO JAY WEIDNER IS?? HOW DARE YOU QUESTION HIM!"

No, most of us probably don't. He has a webpage, I got that much from his first post. I'll check it out, however, what was the point of him even making this thread if NOTHING he says stands up to even the smallest bit of scrutiny?

Every single response of his up to page 3 (where I'm currently at) is basically snappy one-liners....saying that he is informing us all of "Truth", and that we are all being lied to by the "powers that be", yada yada yada. Re-hashed stuff we've all heard/seen/read for decades.

Nothing he said is new. The concept behind the golden age, and the four cycles of mankind is at least as old as ancient India. Most of what he said in his original post is just his own meshing together of various beliefs he probably read or "researched" if you want to call it that.

The whole reason I felt compelled to reply, is that he can't back up a single thing he stated in his OP. Does this make it untrue? No.....nor would I ever suggest such a thing.

However, when he claims that what he says is TRUE.....and everything else that contradicts it is FALSE (he specifically stated just that on Page 1), then the burden of proof lies on him to at least ATTEMPT to show SOME qualifying evidence.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ph03n1x

Originally posted by auraelium

That's because all your assumptions that you've started assuming since entering into this world have kept you from the truth. What you've been taught etc.

Show me some evidence to back up your assumptions............You have presented no evidence what so ever ..nothing....zero. You are just making it up as you go along, thats not science.Thats imagination,
edit on 20-7-2013 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

it has nothing to with science..... The OP is obviously speaking from a philosophical standpoint... no evidence required..

one cannot provide evidence for a thought process.. it's in the creationism forum and creationism has as much scientific evidence as Time travel

personally i think the OP makes a valid point regarding what we actually know and how we know it...

we are spoon fed so called facts from an early age and we just accept it because we are told it is "truth"

it wouldn't matter to me if you showed me evidence of the existence of god.. i would still question it because that is what science is all about.. question everything believe nothing

just because science says it is fact doesn't make it true...

edit on 20-7-2013 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

So essentially you are saying the OP shouldn't have to vouch for his beliefs, which he says are TRUE, and others are FALSE?

The OP didn't come on here saying "Hey guys, check this out. I was thinking about mankind and what if...."

No, instead, he specifically laid out his version of history, and said "This is truth".

He didn't even propose it as a theory.....he said, THIS IS HOW THINGS ARE.

There is nothing wrong with doing that....however, no one with any actual interest in history is going to take him seriously without even a shred of evidence to support his extraordinary claims.

Not only does he not give us evidence. Not only does he claim his version of history is reality, and others are false. The worst part of it all, is nothing he is suggesting is even new. Anyone who has ever read a few books in the new age section of any book store has already seen his theory proposed , just wrapped up in different packages.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Well this thread has been absolutely amazing.

Another of 'those threads' where the OP is lucky to be one of the chosen few. He makes wild statements which couldn't possibly be anything but absolute 'truth', belittles anyone doubting his 'teachings' or asking for proof, and just keeps spouting nonsense until people leave.

Evolution is the only theory of how we came about that is supported by fact ...fact

We could build pyramids now ...fact

The entirety of mankind can't be pigeon holed in to your two categories ...fact

Honestly this entire thread just comes across as laughable. I completely rspect the idea that people can express their opinion, but when you consistently shoot down anyone who disagrees with you, you come across as a spoiled child who isn't ready to discuss things like an adult. When you haven't completely ignored the salient points and questions reasonably posed by other members, you simply reply with gibberrish.

You 'message' of 'truth' isn't getting through to anyone here - we require a little more than some stranger online telking us that everything we know is wrong. You call us sheeple, but you're the only one who seems incappable of questioning your beliefs.

/thread

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
To me, it wasn't entirely the content of the OP that was offensive, but rather his whole demeanor. The whole "Everything you know is FALSE, but guess what? I'm here to show you the TRUTH!" spiel , and of course him including his web-site so you can all go and "learn more"....I mean, seriously?

Again, as I previously mentioned in my above reply.....none of his theories are anything new. I am being particularly honest when I say that I've read SLIGHT variations of his proposed history in probably over 30+ books in the past few decades.

One thing he KEEPS ignoring, is the replies asking him to present evidence. Instead of presenting ANY evidence for which he would have needed as a basis for his theories....he says things like "Well, how come we can't build the pyramids today?" Really? That is your response when asked for evidence? That kind of deflection and reasoning wouldn't even fly with my 3 year old son, and no....I'm not joking.

I think this thread would have received FAR better reception if the OP would just be HONEST. Instead of saying "Hey, what everyone knows to be truth is actually false. By the way....I have the truth, here is a brief theory of mine....oh....and heres my web-site where you can buy my DVDs" I think it would be FAR better if the OP just said "Hey guys, here is my own personal theory I've come up with from reading books and surfing the internet. I have no evidence to back it up, but doesn't it seem cool?"

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

So why not apply that to the Ages that I have proposes (but certainly not the first to do so)? Things started out beautifully, but eventually goes to hell. Things don't get better.

Is it hell now? Man has never had it so good IN THE ENTIRE HISORY OF MAN. Your "golden age" is a story and that is about it. There is nothing to support it in any way. Even your logic goes against the natural order of things. For your utopia to happen God would need to snap his fingers and just make it happen out of thin air.

Do you really think God would make the universe and all its laws just to do things totally backward to his creation? Do you think Man goes against all the laws that god created and never changes, we just go through time being the same as the entire universe changes? Go back just 6000 years and we can see the development of man. We didn't start out great and then declined over those years, we slowly improved one step at a time to what we are today.

I don't think you have reasoned out just how hard and primitive life was in the past...hell how hard life was and primitive a few centuries ago. To say we were some golden age so far in the past that nothing has withstand the age time to prove it is just a cop out, made up excuse to explain why there is no empirical data backing it up.

You totally take a blind eye to the facts around you and believe in something that has no more proof than a fairytale. Well go ahead and believe in that fairytale for it is not something God would do anyway you look at it.

Don't believe that a blade of grass has 60% of the same DNA we have, don't believe that time progresses forward and so things start out in a simple state and become complex...If you want to believe that god snap his fingers just for man then so be it, but once again that goes against all the laws of the universe that he created...

edit on 22-7-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf
You 'message' of 'truth' isn't getting through to anyone here

Well, you should go to his website and buy the DVD's he is flogging, they will only set you back a few hundred dollars....

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

You do realize that the word Veda itself refers to the act of "knowing" or knowledge, correct?

In the present context, we are referring to a collection of literary works called the Vedas. You will not be allowed to wriggle free under cover of obfuscation, so don't bother to try.

You may even forget that the Vedas were an oral tradition, much like the Jewish Kabbalah, way before it was ever written down.

And were not the Greek myths transmitted in a similar way for many centuries? And what does it matter, anyway?

Tolkien did indeed write fiction, but even one who preaches discernment such as you, should be able to separate the wheat from the chaff...The problem with this point is, I have also seen information, while speculative, that Tolkien was influenced by Rosicrucianism, another secret society, and offshoot of the Egyptian mystery school....

Right. This is precisely where the problem lies. For you, everything is full of shadowy portents and mysterious speculative connexions. Typical conspiracy-theory confabulatory mindset. Do you realise that this is a symptom of mental malfunction? These portents and connexions are merely in your mind, or (more likely) absorbed from the ravings of the various mystery-loving voluntary delusives and con artists who clutter cyberspace with their misinformation and nonsense. They have no reality whatsoever.

When you have some facts to support your claims – and I mean facts, not reported speculation – we can discuss this further. As I said earlier, more fact and less 'philosophy', please.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

'knowledgable people and historians included'....would lose their jobs and never work in an educational instituion again if they came out with anything that did not fit the painted picture.

They would certainly be reprimanded if they taught things that were not true.

It seems you have assumed that history, as studied by historians, is a 'painted picture'. This is nonsense. The history of the world is not some obscure mystery. There is much that we do not know (and which historians do not pretend to know), but we do know enough to build up a truthful and coherent account of the past.

Speculation even WITH evidence is disregarded by the main stream....why....because it does not fit the 'painted picture'.

Please provide examples of evidence-based speculation that is 'disregarded' by the 'mainstream'. If you can.

But what if the painted picture is false?

Do you have any evidence that it is, or even a convincing argument as to why it should be?

reply to post by Amagnon

Most people who have tried to investigate the antideluvian period would concur that some information seems to be ignored, twisted and there does seem to be a coordinated effort to obfuscate in order to promote a 'sterilized' version.

There was no 'antediluvian period'. The idea of a worldwide flood is a myth. No information is ignored – historians and scientists know that 'things that don't fit' are clues that lead to new and better knowledge, so they follow them up. They do tend to disregard hoaxes and the ravings of cranks, however.

If you have evidence of 'a coordinated effort to obfuscate', kindly post it here. You will soon see it comprehensively debunked.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Thank you for the thread. It is known among many tribal peoples of the world that this is the fourth age of man. This is the fourth time man has had a a high civilisation.
We have only vague recollections of older ages left in our culture. In older ages men walked with the Gods. Like Zep tepi to the Egyptians. The golden age in which men walked the gods. Each age has had us remove ourselves further from this state.
We have come to the end of a big year now what.. We are ending the age of Pisces the last epoch in the zodiac. Are we destined to repeat the same cycle of will something new happen.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Actually, it is not a mental illness at all...My brain is very good at connecting obscure information plots, which is why I have helped to advise many sick and diseased people in my neighborhood, and life, who needed my help.

I study medicine and nutrition, and the ability to connect information plots works really well with this. It allows me to connect areas, hormones, and functions of the body, so that I may gain more information as to the cause or the cure.

Law of Analogy; this ability has more than just one application. I see things that others don't because their brain doesn't work the same way as mine does...Like the lady in UK with a fourth retinal cone/rod. She sees billions of colors we have no idea about; but does that mean they don't exist? Absolutely not. Same could be said for these mysterious "connexions" you are against. Just because I see the connection and you don't, doesn't mean it isn't there.
edit on 22-7-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join